Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they will upgrade it to sculpted hair for release. Think this looks bad? Wait till in hand pictures. As a matter of fact look at the recent pictures in the other wonder woman thread. The hair looks god awful in the last two pictures post in that thread.

I don't think that's going to happen. If they change it to sculpted hair, then they either have make second sculpt or removable hair in order to accomplish the helmeted look.

I don't think HT is that ambitious.

The sculpt is bad. They accentuated her cheeks, she looks too masculine. Gal on the other hand looks very feminine.
890e04e8665056f0767086965325b43d.jpg

Yeah i don't get the love for this one. The best sculpts are Golden Armor and Training Armor. We still don't have a great sculpt in her regular outfit which seems planned at this point.

Likeness is clearly a very subjective issue.

Personally, I do not think the golden armour sculpt is anywhere near as close a likeness as this sculpt. It's too puffy, whereas this one gets the facial structure much closer.

Each to their own, vote with your wallets. I am selling my training armour figure, selling my JL wonder woman and I'll be buying this version and passing on the golden armour.

This looks to be easily the best all-round Wonder Woman figure available (imho), and I have been waiting for Hot Toys to nail the execution. Think they have here.

Personally, I do not think the golden armour sculpt is anywhere near as close a likeness as this sculpt. It's too puffy, whereas this one gets the facial structure much closer.

Each to their own, vote with your wallets. I am selling my training armour figure, selling my JL wonder woman and I'll be buying this version and passing on the golden armour.

This looks to be easily the best all-round Wonder Woman figure available (imho), and I have been waiting for Hot Toys to nail the execution. Think they have here.

Given the 2022 release date for this version you might want to hang onto those other Wonder Woman figures a while longer.

I sold BvS Superman in early 2018 thinking I wouldn't be without a Cavill Supes for long. Got my JL Supes last week..2 years and 7 months later. 🤣🤣

But I agree, this will be the ultimate Gal WW figure to own.

Totally agree with this.

Pre-ordered this last weekend.

Is it finally spot on? Surely not. Is it bad? Hell no. It's finally a decent likeness. Plus sculpted hair = fantastic figure to own. I'm selling my JL for this. I hate all the stuff about JL version anyway. Hard to pose, hard to get anything look right, everytime something fall off, hair is pure nightmare, uggh :)

Added bonus is her armour is moved further up her body so that's finally fixed, her hips don't look like super child birthing hips so that's better, the sculpt is a lot better, removable tiara is a lot better, body improvements. This is the one to own.

I can't unsee something... she has gorilla hands. :lol Were her hands always this big?

Yikes, I see it now... look at the hands between this version and the Golden Armor version - massive! I was just thinking the ultimate joke from Hot Toys will be to pop the Golden Armor HS on this and put this HS on Golden Armor in the final releases :rotfl

Given the 2022 release date for this version you might want to hang onto those other Wonder Woman figures a while longer.

I sold BvS Superman in early 2018 thinking I wouldn't be without a Cavill Supes for long. Got my JL Supes last week..2 years and 7 months later. ����

But I agree, this will be the ultimate Gal WW figure to own.

Yeah, I hear you. This will seem like an eternity away......so yup, will keep the JL until end 2021 at least, then sell it. Who knows, maybe a third party sculpted hair head (still hopeful unreal will get that head out!) will release before then and beat this......but I very much doubt it. This looks really solid, and I've been disappointed by all Wonder Woman figures released (and teased) before this. I am genuinely excited for this one, looks great.

Is it finally spot on? Surely not. Is it bad? Hell no. It's finally a decent likeness. Plus sculpted hair = fantastic figure to own. I'm selling my JL for this. I hate all the stuff about JL version anyway. Hard to pose, hard to get anything look right, everytime something fall off, hair is pure nightmare, uggh :)

I agree, god I dislike the hair on that figure. It never looks good, and more to the point, I have never seen it look good (in my eyes) on any other picture of the figure. Rooted hair just isn't for me.

The JL headsculpt likeness isn't the best and, along with training armour and bvs wonder woman, the head is completely out of scale with the body. Just frustratingly small......its all I can see when I look at her.

The scaling look very much improved on this figure, she finally has more human proportions.

Yeah, that's 100 percent the same sculpt. Just different paint app. This sculpt and paint is 95 percent perfection. Buying both of these.

View attachment 491027

Spec savers for those that think one is bad the other is good :rotfl

No, that is not the same. You can find the sculptors name from official web pages ,they're sculpted by 3 sculptors.
Head Sculpted by So Young Jang & Tae Ho Kang (1984)
and Head Sculpted by Yulli (Golden Armor Wonder Woman )

Yullis one is way better than this one.

Back