Wolverine PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Lee was around when Wolvie's outfit switched back to yellow/blue, if memory serves (though I remember McFarlane's craptastic Spidey comic being where that change took place). And though Wolvie was yellow/blue for most of Byrne's tenure, he actually came up with the brown outfit during one of his last X-Men issues. Don't know that Jim Lee had much influence there, unlike the pouch-o-plenty Cyclops outfit that everyone seems to love for some reason.

I like Lee's work as well, don't get me wrong, but some of those ideas were just awful (Xavier wearing a safari shirt and driving a hover car? WTF?).

I know Byrne came up with the brown outfit. I'm just a fan of the Jim lee/ Scott Williams tandem. Jim Lee also helped in giving us Gambit so it evens out.

Last edited:
i got my wolvie ex PF in on monday and finally got around to opening it up today. I must say I LOVE IT! I was a little worried based off of the pics I have seen but this one looks awesome in hand! Looks like I'll be selling my comi wolvie :)

I only got on the WL last week too and it converted today, this is a keeper for me. I nearly paid Ebay prices as well, glad I waited!

Wow! Wonder if he'll come out on second chance. That would be funny. Hope not, he's wolvie after all. : P
Even if, it could have other reasons too. Many great collectibles came up for second chance recently. The financial situation of late is an important factor I believe. People have to make choices. It is easier to participate in a PPO, than actually to pay for the item when the time comes. But you are right, second chance is odd. Getting the ES right (reading the market) may become of greater importance.

I received an email a couple days ago after the order had gone to - call to cancel - saying that I had requested wolvie to be cancelled. Has anyone experienced this before? I wrote them today about it to see what is going on - I didn't know if my order is not able to be fulfilled or not since it went to cancelled status even though I didn't request it to be cancelled. Any ideas ?? - I called on a previous order to make sure my address and all that matched and my card was ready to go - Not sure what happened but Im sad not to get him if thats the case

I received an email a couple days ago after the order had gone to - call to cancel - saying that I had requested wolvie to be cancelled. Has anyone experienced this before? I wrote them today about it to see what is going on - I didn't know if my order is not able to be fulfilled or not since it went to cancelled status even though I didn't request it to be cancelled. Any ideas ?? - I called on a previous order to make sure my address and all that matched and my card was ready to go - Not sure what happened but Im sad not to get him if thats the case

I would probably call ASAP and not wait for the response on e-mail.

Brown displays better with those because it is the best outfit :lecture

Being a child of the 80s, of course the brown costume is my favorite.

I'm thinking there's going to be some modifications to the brown-costumed Wolverine. If I remember correctly, his brown costume did not have those flared shoulder pads.

I'm thinking there's going to be some modifications to the brown-costumed Wolverine. If I remember correctly, his brown costume did not have those flared shoulder pads.

You are right, but then again, yellow Wolvie didnt have those awful seams on his costume either. So SS might leave the shoulder pads on and paint them brown, Kinda like Capcom did in their fighting game.

I hope so. An all new sculpt would be ideal in this case for me. I was just getting ionto Wolvie when Byrne introduced his brown costume - that will always be the best Wolverine look in my eyes.

Here's a sad pic - busted up Wolve parts. It's always hard to do this for some reason, just feels wrong. :lol

wolvie_PF_damage_4.jpg

I hope so. An all new sculpt would be ideal in this case for me. I was just getting ionto Wolvie when Byrne introduced his brown costume - that will always be the best Wolverine look in my eyes.

Here's a sad pic - busted up Wolve parts. It's always hard to do this for some reason, just feels wrong. :lol

wolvie_PF_damage_4.jpg

Guess his adamantium skeleton is breakable after all.

Correct, but the boots are the same, the mask is the same, and the seams, as noted, seem designed for the brown Wolvie (well, not the seams on his pants, I have no idea what that is for). I assumed that the shoulderpads were separate pieces that were glued onto his shoulders, and could be left off of the brown version.

this piece is amazing!too bad i cancelled!!congrats to the owners!!!

i am back!!!!:hi5::hi5:

Wow! Wonder if he'll come out on second chance. That would be funny. Hope not, he's wolvie after all. : P

Haven't we learned that all statues are coming back for second chance...:dunno Until Sideshow really decides to cut back on the ES, I think that we will continue to see this tread. I fully expect to see all newly add statue back up for 2nd chance listings.

Back