Wolverine Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is someone who looks like Wolverine incarnate:

glenndanziglivedb0.jpg

1139134389_uresDStare.jpg

looks too clean and metal, not enough Canada, and Lumberjack to be wolvie.

Are you alluding to Wolverine's goofy hairstyle in the comic book when saying "too clean and metal"? Realistically, Wolverine would have to spend hours and go through cans of hairspray to achieve such an absurd hairstyle. Hugh Jackman's portrayal sets a precedent and if anything looks more like a glam rocker than a Canadian lumberjack, whatever they look like. Maybe this is what you mean by "not enough Canada and Lumberjack":

Esad_Ribic_WOLVERINE_3.jpg

Esad_Ribic_WOLVERINE_6.jpg

WOLVERINE_184_Essad_Ribic.jpg

Reality is the reason why many elements in comic book characters get lost in their translation onto the big screen.

Here is an excerpt and image from https://www.daytonboots.com/fraser,

Fraser, the Dayton Lumberjack. . . is a wonderful example of how Fraser Wilson captured the independent spirit of the British Columbia logger as well as the majestic outdoor landscape of British Columbia with his remarkable depiction of the mountains, the forests and the mighty Fraser River.

fraser.gif

The image represents an idealized Canadian lumberjack from the post World War II era. I do not see any resemblance to Wolverine's persona.

Basicly, what I'm saying is danzig looks Far to... Young and glam rock. He dosn't have the right face. Someting about him looks just a little... Off. And i do like your selected pics of wolvie, and i do se a mild resemblence to The guy in yor shots, but he's been drawn so many different ways over the years. Find me some pics of Danzig not trying to perform, and just being himself, and I'll make a new decision.
Part of it is that his build is not anywhere NEAR as muscled as James.
jean-grey-kissing-wolverine-posters.jpg

marvel-encyclopedia-wolverine-1-100k.jpg

Wolverine_native.jpg

Wolverine also has a distinctive FERAL quality to his face

wolverine3.jpg

wolverine-punisher2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Jackman's perfect, but I think he puls it off a bit better than Your guy. Granted, jackman has the advantage of makeup, and costumeing, but let me ask you this, what glamrocker is gonna cut his hair for anyone? None of the ones I know of.

The lumberjack comment, I think deserves a bit of explaning. part of his physical description early on was that wolverine was intended to look like someone you would expect to see working outdoors all day long, like a lumberjack.

I was just thinking about it, and I'm thinking that once this movie comes out there might be an increase in value and demand of Wolverine Statues and Collectibles. What do you guys think about that happening?

There will be a little burp while it's fresh in everyones minds. I think the medicome movie wolverine will jump a bit as well, then after the film goes, it will die down again. it's just the way these things go :)

Basicly, what I'm saying is danzig looks Far to... Young and glam rock. He dosn't have the right face. Someting about him looks just a little... Off. And i do like your selected pics of wolvie, and i do se a mild resemblence to The guy in yor shots, but he's been drawn so many different ways over the years. Find me some pics of Danzig not trying to perform, and just being himself, and I'll make a new decision.
Part of it is that his build is not anywhere NEAR as muscled as James.
jean-grey-kissing-wolverine-posters.jpg

marvel-encyclopedia-wolverine-1-100k.jpg

Wolverine_native.jpg

Wolverine also has a distinctive FERAL quality to his face

wolverine3.jpg

wolverine-punisher2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Jackman's perfect, but I think he puls it off a bit better than Your guy. Granted, jackman has the advantage of makeup, and costumeing, but let me ask you this, what glamrocker is gonna cut his hair for anyone? None of the ones I know of.

The lumberjack comment, I think deserves a bit of explaning. part of his physical description early on was that wolverine was intended to look like someone you would expect to see working outdoors all day long, like a lumberjack.

You were a bit vague when you mentioned "lumberjack," but now I understand your perspective. Wolverine has a certain ruggedness about him. However, Hollywood can easily conjure up such an attribute. The feral quality of Wolverine's face is a bit exaggerated for obvious reasons, otherwise he might look like this in reality:

geico-caveman-lg.jpg

Realistically, Wolverine's hairstyle would look similar to King Theoden's (Bernard Hill) locks, which is slightly shorter than Danzig's hair:

Picture1-1.png

I am not saying Danzig can play the role. I am saying that in his physical prime, he fit the comic book's description of the character. Only professional body builders can come close to matching the hyperbolically drawn superhero physiques, would you not agree? Danzig is not a glam rocker. His genre of music is heavy/speed/death metal. This is glam rock:

tailztd9.png

This is a hairstyle reminiscent of glam rock:

2wolverine.jpg

This is new wave rock, but also like Wolverine:

B000ERU3PG01_SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V6488.jpg

Last edited:
There is another actor who may have the ruggedness that Lerath666 attributes to Wolverine. The actor is Sonny Landham or Billy from Predator, but he is an elderly gentleman now.

PDVD_000.jpg

billy-predator1.jpg

48BillyKnife.jpg

2574601020A.jpg

Wow...I knew there were some issues but...

Extensive WOLVERINE Reshoots Are Happening
1/15/2009

Written by Matt Goldberg

Sources have informed us that Fox is conducting extensive re-shoots for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", some or all of those re-shoots in Vancouver. And by "extensive" we're not talking about a few days of pick-ups. More curious was the studio considered bringing in a few journalists to cover these re-shoots. Now usually re-shoots such as this are done quietly. Studios don't want you to know they done ^^^^ed up and can't get their ^^^^ together in the editing room.

As for the production, everyone (and by "everyone", I mean the world of online film journalists) knows that Gavin Hood was not getting to make the movie he wanted while on set. There have been reports of Fox basically going around Hood and micro-managing like they always do. Example: some sets were re-painted because it's what the execs wanted, not what Hood wanted.

There have also been many leaked reports that Richard Donner was on the set in some capacity while they were filming. Some in the online world have speculated that Mr. Donner was doing more than just standing around, casting long, adoring gazes at Taylor Kitsch (although he can hardly be faulted if that was the case). We can neither confirm nor substantiate these claims about Donner since we weren't there and we don't know. But with Gavin Hood helming the re-shoots, Fox and Hood must have come to an understanding and are clearly trying to salvage one of the summer tent-poles of 2009. Let's hope that Fox is spending all this money to finally give fans the movie that they've been clamoring for.

This all leads to the big question: What the hell kind of "Wolverine" movie are they making? Is it ^^^^ING EPIC like the trailer? Is it a softer, perhaps sillier comic book movie like "Fantastic 4"? Or is it true to the bad-ass character of the comics that fans have loved ever since he was introduced back in 1974? Fans want a dark, gritty "Wolverine" movie because that's what the character is. Those adamantium claws aren't for back scratches, they're for back impalements. If "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is closer to the "PG" side of the tracks than the hard-"PG-13" side where fans want it, then the movie will open huge but when those other big summer releases come along, it will disappear like all off Fox's movies last year.

After 2008 and with this current "Watchmen" fiasco, Fox is in trouble. Here's a list of all the major releases from 20th Century Fox last year:

27 Dresses

Meet the Spartans

Jumper

Nim's Island

What Happens in Vegas

Deception

The Happening

Meet Dave

Space Chimps

The X-File: I Want to Believe

Babylon A.D.

City of Ember

Max Payne

Australia

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Marley & Me

Other than "Marley & Me", this is the gang that couldn't shoot straight. The quality of these films ranges from mediocre to holocaust. It is one of the worst slates in recent memory and Fox needs to do something and they need to do it with "Wolverine".

"Wolverine" is important for multiple reasons: first, if "Wolverine" doesn't go over well, then not only do sequels for that character go away, but other potential spin-offs, such as Deadpool and Gambit and other mutants, also vanish. Second, if Fox screws over a character as popular as "Wolverine", then compounded with the ill-will garnered by their behavior with "Watchmen", the geek community will have their biggest punching bag since George Lucas. Every film that tries to appeal to the coveted 18-34 male demographic will be an uphill battle in terms of marketing and getting that demo excited.

So with these re-shoots, as with any re-shoots, Fox is trying to "fix" the problem. Granted, the problem seems to be their own doing, but at least they're trying to hit the undo-button. Hence, that's why journalists might be invited to the set during the re-shoots—to show everyone how Fox is trying to make good on this movie. Fox is going to spend millions more to make the movie they were supposed to make in the first place.

Sounds great, right? Fox may have finally pulled its head out of its ass. I know I'm giving 20th Century Fox a lot of ^^^^ but look at that list of films again. A good handful of those films aren't just bad or forgettable. They're abominations in the eyes of the Lord.

We contacted Fox before running this story to get their comments. Their response is that these shoots were always planned and are intended to capture specific weather conditions. Personally, I think it's better if they're trying to turn a corner in the way they're planning to make movies, but "weather conditions" is their official reasoning for these shoots in Vancouver.

So if Fox is turning a corner, then more power to them. I want to see a great "Wolverine" movie as much as you do. But trust isn't earned overnight and we'll keep following leads and talking to sources to see if Fox can redeem itself with this highly-anticipated movie.

i hope it will be better than the other x-men movies they were dissapointing

Uh oh!! Sounds like the studio is trying to do some damage control and put a positive spin on what sounds to be major reshoots. I would like this movie to be good and not a big mess...

The three Fox exclusive Wolverine clips that they have had on the last three nights are up at Yahoo but there are spoilers in them.

https://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808665084/video/12086697

Spoiler Spoiler:

The three Fox exclusive Wolverine clips that they have had on the last three nights are up at Yahoo but there are spoilers in them.

https://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808665084/video/12086697

Spoiler Spoiler:

I literally just got done watching these three today just before you posted. (So that's funny you should post the link.) These trailers were great!

I'm not a big Wolverine fan, BUT I am VERY excited about this movie. This looks PHENOMENAL. I can't wait. :rock I'm glad to see another X-Men movie back on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back