Wolverine Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the trailer and I think it looks great. Can't wait to see the movie. Wolvie is one of my favorite characters. Jackman is rock solid as Wolverine. This should be good.

Wolvie vs Gambit looked cool, but Deadpool all pretty and ^^^^ is dumb!! Deadpool should be all jacked up just like in the comics!!

It's only for this movie to give Ryan Reynolds (quite possibly my favorite actor) a lead into Deadpool's own movie (with Reynolds cracking wise has the chance to be my new favorite comic movie)

It's only for this movie to give Ryan Reynolds (quite possibly my favorite actor) a lead into Deadpool's own movie (with Reynolds cracking wise has the chance to be my new favorite comic movie)

The thing is, he will be the perfect Deadpool. Reynolds wise-cracking and Deadpool's is pretty much exactly the same!! He will be great, but I wanna see jacked up Deadpool. Hell, I don't even remember Deadpool ever being regular.

you only ever see him not cancer covered in a few flashback issues of deadpool, a little here, a little there. zoe Colliden sees him once when she was traveling in time to try to set him up as the savior of the human race. We also see him once in an issue of cable from the point of view of Weapon X( I forget the chracters name, but the guy with the metal arms)
we also see him cancer free in the deadpool miniseries that reviels his past, and the orgin of his name. THE deadpool. the betting pool the people at the weapon X project had on how long the washouts would live before they died.

The thing is, he will be the perfect Deadpool. Reynolds wise-cracking and Deadpool's is pretty much exactly the same!! He will be great, but I wanna see jacked up Deadpool. Hell, I don't even remember Deadpool ever being regular.

I read something on yahoo about him making a brief appearance in this but to not expect him to stay that pretty very long. Don't know if he'll get jacked up in this movie or just early in his own movie. With Reynold's behind the mask, Deadpool may quickly become my favorite Marvel character.

Terminator 4 comes out in may also,so as long as they aren't on the same date I'll be seeing this the weekend it comes out.

hmmm.... not sure which would be better. Considering how big a bucket of Fail Last stand was, my hope for this film is not that big. Yes the trailer was awesome, but it's possible that it will still flop.
Then again, the same could be said of T4, so who knows?

Well, there is an aspect of Wolverine's character that I did not notice previously.

Has it ever been revealed in any other medium that he is like 8 hockabillion years old?

Edit - How can you go wrong with dialogue like:

"How do you expect to kill me?"

"I'm just going to cut your head off and see if that works."

hm... I'd just watched the trailer. Looks promising. In a way it looks even more promising than all 3 X-Men movies. But I just don't think that Liev Schreiber is the right person to play Sabertooth. Besides, I've never seen short-haired Sabertooth in the comics...

Well, there is an aspect of Wolverine's character that I did not notice previously.

Has it ever been revealed in any other medium that he is like 8 hockabillion years old?

Edit - How can you go wrong with dialogue like:

"How do you expect to kill me?"

"I'm just going to cut your head off and see if that works."

Wolvie's not That old, he was born in Canada as James Howlett Around 1870. OR was it closer to 1890? I forget. anywho it's late 1800's. He's born into a Rich family, Loves a girl named Rose, and spends his childhood playing with the son of the Groundskeeper. /the groundskeeper was a rather.... angry man named Logan, and his son also has a temper, gets locked in his basement oftend, and is beaten by Logan ( his father) Often. we only know this boy as "Dog". Marvel NEVER comes out and said it officialy, but the way they drew the "adult" version of Dog in the Origin comic, It's pretty obvious that "dog" is Sabertooth.

One thing more. That quote? IT's DIRECTLY from the wolverine comics. :rock

this seem appropriate for this thread. :D

common-sense-785464.jpg

hm... I'd just watched the trailer. Looks promising. In a way it looks even more promising than all 3 X-Men movies. But I just don't think that Liev Schreiber is the right person to play Sabertooth. Besides, I've never seen short-haired Sabertooth in the comics...

Then you need to read some back issues of Wolverine and of the Weapon X series then.
Sabe's had short hair for a year or two.

Liev as Sabretooth is one of the few things that has me interested in this movie. He is a very good actor, IMO.

On a more general note, I'm kind of annoyed that Wolverine gets a "solo" movie, since at least the first two X-Men movies (and possibly the 3rd--I've have mentally blocked much of that one from my brain) were essentially Wolverine movies with the other X-Men as supporting cast. I would much prefer them to actually attempt to develop some of the other X-characters a bit. It annoys the crap out of me how they have neglected Cyclops in those movies. The audience feels nothing for his "plight" in the third one (I did remember that), because he never had a chance to appear as an actual character that anyone would care about.

Liev is going to kick ass as Sabretooth. I'm glad they casted for an actor who could pull off the personality instead of someone who just looks the part. More and more studios are realizing that they can deviate from the traditional design in order to remain true to the spirit of a character, thankfully. We've had our share of mistakes in people who were cast just because they "looked" like they could be a character. Michael Clark Duncan as the black Kingpin, anyone?

Saw the trailer and meh...Never cared for Gambit and didn't even recognise Deadpool so you can see where I stopped reading Marvel comics. I think Hugh Jackman does a fine job though and I saw a young Orroro. I'll see it when it hits the screens.

BB

not many movies i'm looking forward to...and not holding my breath on this one either...I'll watch it, but I'm not expecting anything spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back