Wolverine Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithrandier

Super Freak
Reaction score
To be released on May 1, 2009

Shooting has started.

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Maggie Q ... (rumored)
Liev Schreiber ... Victor Creed / Sabretooth (rumored)
Michael C. Hall ... William Stryker (rumored)
Bailey Chase ... Remy / Gambit (rumored)
Kodi Smit-McPhee ... Young Logan (rumored)
Christian Clark

Liev should make a good Creed.

To be released on May 1, 2009

Shooting has started.

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Maggie Q ... (rumored)
Liev Schreiber ... Victor Creed / Sabretooth (rumored)
Michael C. Hall ... William Stryker (rumored)
Bailey Chase ... Remy / Gambit (rumored)
Kodi Smit-McPhee ... Young Logan (rumored)
Christian Clark

Liev should make a good Creed.

I think this would make a really solid cast.

The actual title is X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

As stated on imdb.com:
The mutant known as Wolverine breaks off into his off spin-off film from the successful X-MEN! franchise. Hugh Jackman (X1, X2, Van Helsing) returns as Logan/ Wolverine-A mutant with regenerative powers, three claws on each hand and a skeleton all laced with the rare metal known as adamantium. Logan struggles to find the secrets to his past. After learning little information through the help of Charles Xavier (X2's Patrick Stewart), Logan takes his search even further by learning the full truth of his origin, while also heading in a bold, new direction.

I'm really excited about this movie... I can't wait to see what story they intend to tell. Lots of good Origin stuff to use now that it's been revealed more throroughly. :rock

It sounds like they might do the Weapon X story-line through flashbacks (just a guess). The early '90s story is still one of the best.

ANYTHING would be better than x3 IMHO. I wanted to walk out once they killed xavier, made juggernaught a mutie, and completely ignored the relationship between cain marko, and xavier.

1st pic from the film

25637wg4.jpg

Just a little more info on the movie and some parts of an interview Jackman did with USA Today: (from Firstshowing.net)

We've been talking about X-Men Origins: Wolverine for quite a while here on FS.net, as it's been a project that sounds better and better at every new turn. An Oscar-winning director is attached, Gavin Hood, and Jackman is back again not only as Wolvie but also as a producer. You might wonder why Jackman is reprising his role for a fourth time when some actors won't even do a sequel as the same character. Well, Jackman admits that "I became a fan of Wolverine like everyone else. That's why I keep holding on to the character." And that's not all he has to say about the reprising the character that will impress fans.

"I know it seems odd given, you know, the guy is already half animal," Jackman tells USA Today. "But with all the success of the X-Men, you feel the pressure to keep pushing it further."

The new film will focus on Wolverine's past as he "discovers the world of mutants and, ultimately, the ominous Weapon X program, which turns people into living weapons." It's been mention many times previously that both William Stryker, who was portrayed by Brian Cox in the X-Men films, and Wolvie's arch-nemesis Sabretooth will have a role in the story. Jackman promises that Sabretooth "is going to play a big part in it." But that's not all, he also says that we will see "a good bit of cameos" of new and familiar mutants and that "you can't give too much away, because fans are pretty hard-core. Their expectations go up a level every time you come out with a new film." That's certainly true!

I wish we had more from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but unfortunately we've got to wait more than year for the movie, due out in theaters on May 1st, 2009. Unfortunately this photo will have to hold over Wolverine fans until Comic-Con in July. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, Rendition) and written by David Benioff (25th Hour, Troy, The Kite Runner).

Firstshowing.net Article: Wolverine First Look

USA Today Article: Interview With Hugh Jackman

wolverinefirstez8.jpg

Hugh Jackman bulks up for Wolverine

Filming of the upcoming movie Wolverine begins soon, with star Hugh Jackman working out in preparation for his role. Personal trainer Michael Ryan has been helping Hugh achieve greater muscle mass and significantly lower body fat, in order to transform himself into the beastly character he'll portray.
Widely known as trainer to the stars, Michael often calls upon Aussie Bodies support in finding high quality products to accompany his training programs. He reports on the changing physique of his client and long-term mate. "Hugh's weight has actually dropped over 4 kilograms since we began training for Wolverine. However we use a body scanning machine that has proven we have only lost .3 of a kilogram of muscle through that weight loss period so it is predominantly body fat that has gone. Initially we concentrated on building muscle and there was a significant increase in muscle mass so we're happy with the results".

In terms of training, Michael has given Hugh a high intensity weight training regimen with constant evolution; mixing the program up enough to shock the body into change. Medium amounts of cardio have also been used at the end of their workouts and in the early evening to encourage fat loss. To help them attain these goals the dynamic duo are using Aussie Bodies Mega Weight Gainer with other products including branch-chain amino acids, L-Carnitine, Arginine, and a slow release protein formula.
We asked Michael if he has any other dietary or training tips for people who need to bulk up in a certain time period. "There is no doubt the 6 meal per day theory works together with high protein to help reduce the potential to lose muscle mass. And it is important to use whey protein isolate and not some of the inferior products out there" he said.
Hugh and his wife Deborah Lee Furness are associate producers for Wolverine (of Marvel Comics and X-Men movie fame), which will be directed by Gavin Hood. Filming is expected to take 3-4 months in New Zealand and Sydney, during which time Hugh will continue training.

News

Jackman Spotted on the Wolverine Set
Source: Superhero Hype!
February 7, 2008

Blog posts are popping up on the net from folks saying they've seen the X-Men Origins: Wolverine production in New Zealand. Here's one from TravelMarla:

Saw Hugh Jackman running thru the woods today in full Wolverine costume. Apparently he is shooting a movie of the same name as the x-men character. New Zealand is doubling as canada. I went on a tour of the National Park where Lord of the Rings was filmed. Many films are made there. Wolverine is just the latest one. So that was the highlight of the day... We were in a van it was much like being at a theme park seeing him. He was outside the window. It was like seeing a lion at the San Diego Zoo. Although Hugh Jackman is mch better looking. But I digress.

And one from Kay's Travel Blog:

This afternoon we took a Lord of the Rings jeep tour up to where they did a lot of the filming for LOTR. We saw Fangorn forest, where Isengard would be if it was real (the backdrop for it anyway), the Misty mountains and other places. There was also a large crew there filming scenes from the new Wolverine movie. Hugh Jackman is in town but we haven't seen him. He took the jetboat ride yesterday tho, just a few hours before us.

20th Century Fox is planning a May 1, 2009 release for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Big kudos to Hugh Jackman for reprising Wolverine for the FOURTH time!!

I'm excited for the Wolverine movie and I'm glad Jackman will be back again as one of my favorite superheroes. I remember when it was a struggle for people to think of who would be good to play Wolvie, but Jackman came out of nowhere and really did a fantastic job.

Thanks 20th Century for making this movie and thanks to Jackman for coming back! :rock

Yeah i'm glad i got the medicom x3 wolverine great fig.I hope they also make another origins wolvie to,I have high hopes for this film.

News

Huston is Stryker in Wolverine
Source: TheDarkKnight08
February 15, 2008

JoBlo has learned that 30 Days of Night star Danny Huston will play William Stryker in 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He joins Hugh Jackman (Logan/Wolverine) and Liev Schreiber (Victor Creed/Sabretooth) in the "X-Men" spin-off directed by Gavin Hood and coming to theaters on May 1, 2009.

In X2: X-Men United, Brian Cox played an older version of the William Stryker character.

This film leads up to the events of X-Men and tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

hustonstryker.jpg

hughjackmaniswolverineifb2.jpg

hughjackmaniswolverineiek8.jpg

hughjackmaniswolverineitg5.jpg

Hugh Jackman in X1: 180 lbs. 10% Body Fat...
Hugh Jackman in X2: 200 lbs. 7% Body Fat...
Hugh Jackman in X3: 220 lbs. 9% Body Fat...

Origins
2588new_storyimage3013230_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back