Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the Comiquette look when standing next to the premium format Xmen from Sideshow? I am looking for a Wolverine that will fit in with Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, and Cyclops PFs. Hard to find a good one that is fairly compact. Really want Wolverine, but tried the Psylocke Comiquette just to see what it looked like, and it was really obvious that the scale was smaller on the COM. Will the Wolverine Comiquette be the same?

The Wolverine COM is 1/4 scale. Not all COMs are 1/5 scale. Off the top of my head, the AO Spidey, Carnage, and Venom are 1/4 scale COMs along with the Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and Rhino COMs. Here's where it gets a little tricky....Wolverine is only 5' 3" tall. The yellow and blue PF is actually slightly larger than 1/4 scale. The COM is pretty much spot on. So, if you want a Wolverine that stands taller next to his fellow X-MEN, the PF is for you. If you want the comic accurate runt, the COM is the way to go because he's practically a midget in the comics and almost every X-character should stand significantly taller than him. To actually see what a true 1/5 Wolvie looks like....take a look at the HULK and Wolverine MAQ. That's a true 1/5 Wolvie and it's significantly smaller than the Wolvie COM.

The Wolverine COM is 1/4 scale. Not all COMs are 1/5 scale. Off the top of my head, the AO Spidey, Carnage, and Venom are 1/4 scale COMs along with the Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and Rhino COMs. Here's where it gets a little tricky....Wolverine is only 5' 3" tall. The yellow and blue PF is actually slightly larger than 1/4 scale. The COM is pretty much spot on. So, if you want a Wolverine that stands taller next to his fellow X-MEN, the PF is for you. If you want the comic accurate runt, the COM is the way to go because he's practically a midget in the comics and almost every X-character should stand significantly taller than him. To actually see what a true 1/5 Wolvie looks like....take a look at the HULK and Wolverine MAQ. That's a true 1/5 Wolvie and it's significantly smaller than the Wolvie COM.

Do you happen to know if the Wolvie COM is really only 15" tall (like the old Sideshow page says)? If so, seems a little short with the base. 1/4 scale ought to be closer to 16" without the base. I feel like some of the info on the older Sideshow product pages is not fully accurate, which is why I thought of asking.

Do you happen to know if the Wolvie COM is really only 15" tall (like the old Sideshow page says)? If so, seems a little short with the base. 1/4 scale ought to be closer to 16" without the base. I feel like some of the info on the older Sideshow product pages is not fully accurate, which is why I thought of asking.

The pose on the COM is what throws off the height. His legs are bent and spread apart. He's also hunched over and leaning forward. He's 1/4 scale. The sculptor (Ray Villafane) even stated the piece was 1/4 scale. I've got both the COM and the 1/5 HULK vs Wolverine MAQ. The Wolverine COM is clearly larger than the 1/5 Wolverine from the MAQ. It's really not even close if you are able to see them up close. I'll see if I can take and post some pics so you can see the difference.

The pose on the COM is what throws off the height. His legs are bent and spread apart. He's also hunched over and leaning forward. He's 1/4 scale. The sculptor (Ray Villafane) even stated the piece was 1/4 scale. I've got both the COM and the 1/5 HULK vs Wolverine MAQ. The Wolverine COM is clearly larger than the 1/5 Wolverine from the MAQ. It's really not even close if you are able to see them up close. I'll see if I can take and post some pics so you can see the difference.

Ah, that makes sense. Hadn't been thinking about the crouch. Pics would be cool.

Also, to bring it back full circle to this Brown Wolvie thread, does anyone happen to have any pictures of the Brown Wolverine next to the Wolverine Comiquette (or even the PF)?

20170517_182039.jpg

Attachments

• 20170517_155433.jpg
    20170517_155433.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 159
Sorry guys, I have no idea how to post pics. My wife did it for me but they all came out sideways. If someone knows how to turn them right side up, please feel free to do so. Hopefully,the pics are good enough bkc6j for you to get a sense of what I'm talking about.

The first pic is the brown PF portrait next to the COM portrait. Both are very similar in size.

The second pic is the 1/5 Wolverine MAQ body next to the COM. COM is bigger all around.

The third pic is the COM next to the brown PF. I actually had to elevate the COM on a riser in order to put both pieces on a level plane. The COMs base is much shorter when compared to the brown PF. When you elevate it to put their feet at about the same level, the 2 pieces look pretty much the same size. I'd say the brown PF is maybe a tad bigger overall but not by much.

The fourth pic is the body of the Wolverine from the HULK and Wolvie MAQ and the COM. As you can see, the 1/5 MAQ body is visibly smaller than the 1/4 COM.

The last pic is the COM portrait next to the MAQ portrait. The 1/5 MAQ portrait is obviously smaller.

Again, sorry the pics are sideways but I hope it gives you a sense of the scale when it comes to the Wolverine COM. The COM's body and portrait are certainly much closer to 1/4 scale than it is to 1/5 scale. His bent knees, spread legs, and hunched forward pose all contribute to peoples perception that the piece is 1/5 scale. However, when you just compare the COMs body and portrait to the brown PFs, you can see they are actually similar in size overall.

Sorry guys, I have no idea how to post pics. My wife did it for me but they all came out sideways. If someone knows how to turn them right side up, please feel free to do so. Hopefully,the pics are good enough bkc6j for you to get a sense of what I'm talking about.

The first pic is the brown PF portrait next to the COM portrait. Both are very similar in size.

The second pic is the 1/5 Wolverine MAQ body next to the COM. COM is bigger all around.

The third pic is the COM next to the brown PF. I actually had to elevate the COM on a riser in order to put both pieces on a level plane. The COMs base is much shorter when compared to the brown PF. When you elevate it to put their feet at about the same level, the 2 pieces look pretty much the same size. I'd say the brown PF is maybe a tad bigger overall but not by much.

The fourth pic is the body of the Wolverine from the HULK and Wolvie MAQ and the COM. As you can see, the 1/5 MAQ body is visibly smaller than the 1/4 COM.

The last pic is the COM portrait next to the MAQ portrait. The 1/5 MAQ portrait is obviously smaller.

Again, sorry the pics are sideways but I hope it gives you a sense of the scale when it comes to the Wolverine COM. The COM's body and portrait are certainly much closer to 1/4 scale than it is to 1/5 scale. His bent knees, spread legs, and hunched forward pose all contribute to peoples perception that the piece is 1/5 scale. However, when you just compare the COMs body and portrait to the brown PFs, you can see they are actually similar in size overall.

Thanks for all of those pictures. I think this really helps me, and will really help anyone considering the Brown Wolverine vs the others. I'm now on the lookout to find the Comiquette! :)

Thanks for all of those pictures. I think this really helps me, and will really help anyone considering the Brown Wolverine vs the others. I'm now on the lookout to find the Comiquette! :)

No problem. I'm glad they helped. I've been a proud owner of the COM since it was released all those years ago. As you can tell by the pics, I also own the EX brown PF. I think both of them are kick ass 1/4 Wolvie statues.

Hi everyone. I am hoping to pick this piece up soon and want to know who I can contact through here (I do not have Facebook either) in order to get one of these custom sculpts from a couple pages back? Any info would be amazing, thanks!

Hi everyone. I am hoping to pick this piece up soon and want to know who I can contact through here (I do not have Facebook either) in order to get one of these custom sculpts from a couple pages back? Any info would be amazing, thanks!

Its hard to know which custom sculpt you are referring to. If you know where the pics are in this thread, then you really should go back to it and quote that post so we can see the pic. Otherwise, we can't know for sure.

This statue needs the custom heads for sure. I despise the sideshow head. It's terrible. One of the reasons I currently don't own it. If I did, custom heads all the way

SS head is amazing. Completely under rated. I was a skeptic at first too.

I always liked the original portrait. Like it even more since I received the piece. Honestly, I just wish he had more hair on his arms. Other than that, I think this piece turned out great.

I seen the head in person and I disliked it just as much. It just doesn't do it for me. I love the two custom heads that I have seen

Back