Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are misled to think wolverine is bigger than the rest of the x-men characters. Partly i think because of the x-men movies where wolverine is portrayed by hugh freakn jackman. But hes a very short dude. Only 5'3"

-__________________-

This Wolverine is one of the best premium formats ever made even though due to its size it is more a comiquette than a premium format.I have him next to Cyclops wand he is noticably bigger than him.The size difference is more obvious when you compare the fists which are considerably bigger and the legs.Cyclops legs are a lot longer than Wolverine's.I want to ask someone who remembers their characters from the comics if this is accurate or if Wolverine should be bigger than Cyclops.

Wolverine has always been shorter than most.

There is definitely no issues with the scale on this piece. As someone else pointed out, Marvel has Wolverine listed at only 5'3". He's not a tall dude by any means.

Sincerely the topic came up. I don't recall seeing wolverine ever drawn as an honest 5'3 character hahahaha.

Sincerely the topic came up. I don't recall seeing wolverine ever drawn as an honest 5'3 character hahahaha.

Artist take liberties but he is officially listed at 5'3" by Marvel. Also, there are artists that got his size right. Byrne is one the best artists to have ever drawn Wolverine and he certainly got his short stature right.

Hi guys, i've received my second statue from sideshow - the Wolverine. First of all, i love the statue so much, he's a beast, love the suit and pose, but I would like to know what is pretty normal for hand painted statues, because i have some paint defects on him. Just wanna know, what do you think about them. If it's something i should report, or its pretty normal and begging for something like that isn't relevant. Second, i'm from Europe, so i don't even know if i could get some replacement.

20170117_121716.jpg
here is little darker tone on suit (shading), in normal light it's not noticeable and the belt, it was probably done at the end of a shift when belt rang :) it's missing the last touch of brush.

20170117_121835.jpg
here is little bit more of teeth color, didn't notice that for a while, so it's not bothering me too much

20170117_121919.jpg
and the base is little scratched, i should be able to fix that, but still. Found that after everything else.

I could live with everything i've found, but wanna know your humble opinions guys. Thank you! ;)

I wouldn't worry about the base too much.. I've seen a few with the same marks including my own.. yours doesn't look so bad.

The teeth I'm not really seeing anything ..What's wrong?

The brown spot however would bother me and I'd ask for a replacement, if they still have any.. But not sure how replacements work with international orders.. you could definitely I would think get a $40-50 credit. You might want to try rubbing out the spot first.. I've come to learn that paint rub usually can come off.. take a microfiber cloth and see if it rubs away.. some people use Mr clean magic erasers but I've never tried that before..Its a little more harsh. I've had really good success removing spots with just a cloth, start off gentle and work your way rougher if you notice no effect to the yellow. But perhaps see if they will send a new body first.. you would probably need a new base as well to ensure everything fits correctly. Either way definitely contact them, worse case you take a credit. Or if it bothers you that much return him for a refund.

Hi guys, just letting you know that i have received a replacement and he's in good shape :)

Ordered this yesterday. Will receive it Wednesday. At first, the mouth area on the sculpt bothered me but now I like the "rage" expression.

Ordered this yesterday. Will receive it Wednesday. At first, the mouth area on the sculpt bothered me but now I like the "rage" expression.

This is a GREAT sculpt. I have the EX and it's one of my favorite Wolvie statues. A lot of collectors were upset with his portraits and saying they were going to commission new ones. However, I have yet to see one. I have to believe that quite a few peeps changed their minds after receiving this piece. I always liked the portraits on this PF. I never got the hissing thing peeps were talking about. I always thought he looked like he was raging. Anyway, congrats on ordering this PF. He's going to look awesome displayed in your collection.

Back