Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, do you own this bro? It might change your mind in person. It completely grew on me. It's very well done.

Just thought I'd share a photo i took today. Finally have mine sitting on the Pax setup that i've been working on. Congrats to everyone that got this piece. Its just so badass. Top notch quality, paint is perfect, i love how the texture for the different parts of the costume vary, details on the base is just nuts, and masked head sculpt is just flawless. The more I look at it, the more I appreciate it. Plus the brown costume is so iconic and is the Wolverine i grew up to. Overall, super happy with this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 171
Yeah, do you own this bro? It might change your mind in person. It completely grew on me. It's very well done.

I'm in his same camp, it's not about seeing it in person, it's the facial features that are just not what I look for in a Wolverine piece. Brown costume is, overall, my favorite costume I think but if I buy the statue I gotta budge for a custom head too.
If there were no alternatives at all I'd probably do it but with XM teasing the Weapon X and the Hulk vs Wolvie dio going on preorder soon, I gotta wait and see.
Rest of the PF turned out very good

Hey to each his own I guess. I cursed the portraits at first. Just have grown to appreciate the feral nature of it.

The two portraits look ok. I'm displaying the masked version right. But I still want to see a custom portrait made

The two portraits look ok. I'm displaying the masked version right. But I still want to see a custom portrait made

It wouldn't hurt to get one made. Especially for the peeps that really like the statue but not the original portraits. Since I really like both portraits that came with the PF, I'm set either way. However, I know the feeling of not liking a portrait and passing on a statue I otherwise really like. Happened to me with the XM Phoenix. Passed on her because I didn't care for any of the portraits that she came with but loved the rest of the statue. The custom portrait El Mule is involved with is gorgeous and really has me regretting the decision to pass on her. So, I definitely understand the allure of an awesome looking custom portrait.

Just thought I'd share a photo i took today. Finally have mine sitting on the Pax setup that i've been working on. Congrats to everyone that got this piece. Its just so badass. Top notch quality, paint is perfect, i love how the texture for the different parts of the costume vary, details on the base is just nuts, and masked head sculpt is just flawless. The more I look at it, the more I appreciate it. Plus the brown costume is so iconic and is the Wolverine i grew up to. Overall, super happy with this.

GREAT pics. Love the 1st one especially. Your review on this piece is spot on IMO. It's just a phenomenal PF. I see you went with a PAX set up for your display. I'm going to have to pick up one for myself. I'm all out of shelf space and I'm eyeballing the PAX for myself. If you don't mind me asking, what did your PAX set up cost you?

Thanks! Duuude, Pax is the way to go. I dont have a huge collection, but I have some bigger statues like the Hulk Maquette and Apocalypse so I had to graduate from the Besta. I've seen a lot of people here with the full side by side PAX that's like 60" wide if I'm not mistaken. I would get that if i have the room, but i live in a high rise condo and space is tight so I got the single Pax that's 39" wide. Its still way bigger than a besta and each shelf should fit about 3 wolvie-sized PF's. I'm still in the process of setting it up but i will post it with details on my setup once its done. To answer you question, just the Pax itself is dirt cheap. $100( Pax frame) + $45( 3 shelves at $15 each)= $145. There's some add ons like lighting, L brakets for added shelf support, and custom plexiglass door. I'll give more details once im done setting up. Hope this helps 😁

Happened to me with the XM Phoenix. Passed on her because I didn't care for any of the portraits that she came with but loved the rest of the statue. The custom portrait El Mule is involved with is gorgeous and really has me regretting the decision to pass on her. So, I definitely understand the allure of an awesome looking custom portrait.

Thanks for the kind words man, looking forward for people to have their heads painted up, they have been shipped already.

To add to the argument: I can see that people like the heads already included and changed their mind after seeing them in person, it's not to detract from those of course. It's just that I probably will have only one Wolverine statue and I want to be dead sure, being already tight with money (as always, since I started this hobby)

GREAT pics. Love the 1st one especially. Your review on this piece is spot on IMO. It's just a phenomenal PF. I see you went with a PAX set up for your display. I'm going to have to pick up one for myself. I'm all out of shelf space and I'm eyeballing the PAX for myself. If you don't mind me asking, what did your PAX set up cost you?

Thanks brotha. Sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to posting here. I'm not sure if my last entry was posted as a reply to you. If not, just see my post before this. 😁

Thanks brotha. Sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to posting here. I'm not sure if my last entry was posted as a reply to you. If not, just see my post before this. ��

I saw it. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to IKEA this weekend.

So good news and bad news.. my replacement claw arm came in today. Previous claw arm had a noticeable gap where the arm magnetizes to the shoulder.. but my ex sword arm was a perfect fit.

The new arm fits a 'little' better but not by much, theres still a slight gap but its an improvement. The problem now is the new arm is painted completely different to the rest of the body. The flesh tones are lighter and more pale while the old arm has more shadowing and uses more red tones.. kind of like he's tanner looking. And on the glove part the new arm uses a glossy mahogany/red brown while the old arm uses a flat chocolate brown. I actually think the colors look better on the new arm, especially the browns, you can actually see more detail like where the black and brown meet on the glove, the colors pop more.. not sure how I feel about the gloss though.

So my dilemma is keep the new arm and have a mismatched paintjob.. the skin tones are not what bugs me as much as the way they painted the brown.. its a completely different shade then the rest of his costume and why they decided to gloss this arm is beyond me.. my old arm and the rest of the statue does not have this new gloss look. I understand the slight difference in shades of browns and flesh tones, not every painter is the same but to gloss/clear coat the entire arm is kind of strange. .... OR keep my old arm with the gap, at least the paint and texture match and receive the $50 credit they originally offered. If I really need it to fit correct, I would have to add a little putty or something to the interior of the arm like SS suggested or have it professionally fixed by someone.. or just deal with the gap. I already tried the putty and it does work, arm fits perfect.

Im leaning more towards just keeping the old arm and putting up with the gap, and receive a credit. The pictures dont capture the difference in color tones very well but in person its pretty noticeable.

claw.jpg
claw 2.jpg

That is quite the dilemma. That def a personal pref call.

Yeah I know, I can deal with the gap even though I shouldn't have to. But I always think down the road when god forbid I need to sell something, is the next person even going to notice the gap? ...maybe not.. but I think they WILL notice the difference in color and the glossy arm when the rest of the piece is matted/flat. Skin tone would probably go unnoticed as well.. just the damn glossy redder/brown arm is an eye sore.

Yeah I know, I can deal with the gap even though I shouldn't have to. But I always think down the road when god forbid I need to sell something, is the next person even going to notice the gap? ...maybe not.. but I think they WILL notice the difference in color and the glossy arm when the rest of the piece is matted/flat. Skin tone would probably go unnoticed as well.. just the damn glossy redder/brown arm is an eye sore.

You could always have that arm repainted down the road if it bothers you? I don't know. Either one would drive me batty. So much so that I might even send it back and wait on my next favorite hero to roll out.

You could always have that arm repainted down the road if it bothers you? I don't know. Either one would drive me batty. So much so that I might even send it back and wait on my next favorite hero to roll out.

Im using the Ex arm which I actually prefer.. didnt think I would at first. But it would probably be easier to just have the old arm repaired.. it would just need some filler where the magnet area is on the arm and then repainted.. Im almost thinking of doing it myself.. Im no pro painter but I do have an art background and actually repaired my Wonder Woman PF's ear which had a small chip on the ear lobe.. looks decent. This would be more work though, the WW piece had a chip the size of a dot.

Back