Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your EX conversion. Wait til you have it in hand to make sure there are no defects. If there are any, then return it and get a refund. At least this way you get to see what you get before making your decision to keep it or not.

Sound advice right there!

My EX arrived with some pretty bad defects on the body. One of the blades was not attached on left hand, right shoulder had noticeable scuffs and scrapes which look like they tried to paint over and the left hip had a bad paint smudge (looks like a big finger print).

The head sculpts, attachment arms and base were all in good order though so I emailed SS asking for a body replacement. Sent them detailed pics, hope they send a replacement straight away.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ouch, that is bad....heres hoping for a replacement for yours and mine bro....and replacements with no problems!

Mine had a broken ex sword. Replacement arrived without issue. Mine is now flawless. I haven't heard of a ton of QC issues.

Mine arrived and despite the box being beaten to hell, nothing was broken.

But my Sideshow curse continues and Wolverine won't fit into the base. The pegs are slightly too wide for the holes. There are times when I wonder why I stay in the game? My Sinestro, Catwoman, Conan, Wonder Woman, Powergirl all had the same problem. How hard is it to check the pieces all fit before you close it up?

Well sideshow accepted my request for an exchange :clap here is hoping the new one is flawless and isn't worse than the one im sending back. I really hope its inspected very well....fingers crossed. Why did malgus have to break his for a replacement? was it just because he was getting a new body?

Mine arrived and despite the box being beaten to hell, nothing was broken.

But my Sideshow curse continues and Wolverine won't fit into the base. The pegs are slightly too wide for the holes. There are times when I wonder why I stay in the game? My Sinestro, Catwoman, Conan, Wonder Woman, Powergirl all had the same problem. How hard is it to check the pieces all fit before you close it up?

Just throwing this out there... have you tried some "weird" angles for putting wolvie in his base? It took me a while to get him in... didn't look like it would, but once I found the odd "sweet spot" angle, no issue.

My box must have also had some rough handling... which is strange, since I'm only in San Diego. ALL of the styrofoam corners on mine were broken!

^^^^ I was going to say the same thing. This doesn't really seem to go in the conventional way. You have to make sure he's positioned just right otherwise forget about it.

I did a lot of wiggling with mine but it still didn't quite fit. Really, really had to force it just to get the pegs to insert, but I couldn't get the foot flush with the base.

Got a reply from SS on the damaged replacement head. The typical BS about how it was the best one out of all of their replacements, and they're certain they don't have one that is better. Of course, they also wanted me to know that these are handcrafted pieces and that "variations" should be expected. Yes, I should be happy that the nose is scratched up and painted poorly. How fantastically hand-crafted.

It's either a $45 credit or a refund. :mad:

Got a reply from SS on the damaged replacement head. The typical BS about how it was the best one out of all of their replacements, and they're certain they don't have one that is better. Of course, they also wanted me to know that these are handcrafted pieces and that "variations" should be expected. Yes, I should be happy that the nose is scratched up and painted poorly. How fantastically hand-crafted.

Lol sadly, it really depends on what rep you get assigned to your ticket. I feel you though they gave me that infamous take it or leave it offer on my power girl ex. I decided to keep it cause the ex was sold out :(.

I had major issues getting mine in as well. I feel like I almost I had to apply pressure to fit him into the base. I have a major fear he's under too much stress and cracks will begin to form. But I'm always super paranoid.

Do you guys lube the pegs before inserting into bases? :D Jokes aside, I will if I even feel the slightest resistance on the first attempt.

I've always found that patience and the exact angle work for me. My first attempts at getting pegs in base are usually tight and way off. After a couple of try's though, they slide right in.

Do you have any pics to share? If you're not happy with it just send it back.

Back