Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not even gonna lie when I say that the composition of this piece is stellar. The base looks great, the body is perfectly in sync with the feel of the piece.

Im getting my friend to make custom portraits and eventually just pay for completely commissioned pieces from the ground up. His work is amazing and probably is on par if not cheaper than Sideshows...

I've waited too long for them to get their **** together with the X-MEN line, I've found a worthy substitute.

I cancelled Emma Frost and preordered this. My list of wants is waned to maybes...

wolverine_zpsd52oe1sx.jpg
[/URL]

amazing work. Thinking about looking for a discounted Wolverine LSF and replacing the head sculpt with my buddy's work.

Also selling Deadpool and Wolverine PFs both EXs

Dunno if I should list them since I've been a completistionist up until now with the XMEN line.

Psylocke Rogue Jean all had to be modded. This new Wolverine is awesome except I've getting custom heads ... so yeah...

same **** different day.

Is this a better choice over the XM Wolverine?

Which do you like better???

XM cost more but will probably keep it's value and what you see is what you get.

Sideshow value could go either way depending on ES size and in hand pics. QC can become an issue.

If I could buy the XM or SSC pieces with all things being equal... Mainly the shipping cost... I would have gone for the XM one. However, I am not a fan of any of the recent 1/4 Wolverine headsculpts. Well I love Ericks customs.

If all things being equal (price, QC, value etc... ) this would be a somewhat hard choice. I prefer the XM head sculpt but that's about it. Everything else about SSC piece I prefer... Pose, Base, outfit. Yeah the dog bowl sucks but does not take away from the rest of the base for me. I like the SSC masked head sculpt but I don't love it. I have never been in love with the XM base.. I know I know... But it just does not do anything for me. Fighting robots is boring to me :) I also have never cared for the XM pose... But watching videos of it on youtube, I can say it is an impressive looking piece overall.

Give the new SSC piece some arm hair and a better mouth sculpt on the masked version (even thought there are some angles that I love the head sculpt) and this would be an easy SSC win for me.

PS - I see that Erik Sosa left XM..... Anyone know why?

Im not even gonna lie when I say that the composition of this piece is stellar. The base looks great, the body is perfectly in sync with the feel of the piece.

Im getting my friend to make custom portraits and eventually just pay for completely commissioned pieces from the ground up. His work is amazing and probably is on par if not cheaper than Sideshows...

I've waited too long for them to get their **** together with the X-MEN line, I've found a worthy substitute.

I cancelled Emma Frost and preordered this. My list of wants is waned to maybes...

[/URL]

amazing work. Thinking about looking for a discounted Wolverine LSF and replacing the head sculpt with my buddy's work.

Custom portraits for this SSC Brown Wolverine? If so, I'd like to see them, when ready of course. Might just be a great option...

Still wips

But that head was a custom for the lsf

I think he could do a quarter scale one as well

Which do you like better???

XM cost more but will probably keep it's value and what you see is what you get.

Sideshow value could go either way depending on ES size and in hand pics. QC can become an issue.

If all things being equal (price, QC, value etc... ) this would be a somewhat hard choice. I prefer the XM head sculpt but that's about it. Everything else about SSC piece I prefer... Pose, Base, outfit. Yeah the dog bowl sucks but does not take away from the rest of the base for me. I like the SSC masked head sculpt but I don't love it. I have never been in love with the XM base.. I know I know... But it just does not do anything for me. Fighting robots is boring to me :) I also have never cared for the XM pose... But watching videos of it on youtube, I can say it is an impressive looking piece overall.

Give the new SSC piece some arm hair and a better mouth sculpt on the masked version (even thought there are some angles that I love the head sculpt) and this would be an easy SSC win for me.

PS - I see that Erik Sosa left XM..... Anyone know why?

Sosa left XM because of creative differences.

[/URL]

Love his work looking forward to that wolverine busy he is doing .

It really depends on where you get your custom heads from and where you're located. An XM Piece from Simpletoys to the US will run you over $900 after shipping. A SSC piece in the US at todays pricing about $510, plus a custom head, anywhere from $650-810, I'm still saving money going that route if the XM Wolverine was available, which it isn't.

I seem to recall that medium sized pieces like Wolverine, from SimplyToys, cost 200SGD (not USD) shipped to the US. Can't confirm 100% since I'm in Europe and shipping quotes are a bit different.
Regardless, if you combine shipping with another piece or more, the shipping quote you get is outstanding. Like, 200SGD for both. That's like 80$ each.
Someone on the other board paid 670$ (final price) in the US for its Wolverine, I think it was shipped together with Hawkeye. In the US you're even blessed with customs that don't rape you for 25% of the total value, so it's just a matter of being smart, really.

I have wanted to see how the face sculpt looks more close up from front on. New Banner at SSC has it and I really like how it looks personally.

300116Wolverine-HPB.jpg

Me too bud. Really hoping for a blue and yellow variant!

I think we need a petition to bring a head like this to life.
Sideshow can use a smaler version of its own scale figure to make this.

I'm pretty confident someone will make a similar portrait. It seems many will be making one, though, SS should have gotten it right the first time.

Love his work looking forward to that wolverine busy he is doing .

you mean the bust right?

Me too bud. Really hoping for a blue and yellow variant!

Was he ever in the snow in the blue/yellow?

Back