Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This price is clearly due to a connection you have with someone though right? I have contacted multiple sellers over there and hadn't gotten a quote for cheaper than $900. And that was on cap shipped before he sold out. Cap was cheaper.

And now, contacting people for daredevil, it seems many of the secondary sellers overseas are pre sold out. It's crazy. Hahaha.

no not really..even if u go off the XM website the price for non members is 830SGD..thats 614USD..add roughly 140-150 in shipping and its right there..

no not really..even if u go off the XM website the price for non members is 830SGD..thats 614USD..add roughly 140-150 in shipping and its right there..

Might be worthy to mention that whoever can order direct doesn't bear 140-150$ in shipping since they live inside XM's areas and near Singapore. Prestige members get a straight 10% off retail price, which is much better than any reward points system.
There's no need to bend reality and numbers to a purpose, XM pieces ARE more expensive and I think nobody denies it; it's simply that the difference with SS pieces is not as much as people make it (conveniently) appear.

Might be worthy to mention that whoever can order direct doesn't bear 140-150$ in shipping since they live inside XM's areas and near Singapore. Prestige members get a straight 10% off retail price, which is much better than any reward points system.
There's no need to bend reality and numbers to a purpose, XM pieces ARE more expensive and I think nobody denies it; it's simply that the difference with SS pieces is not as much as people make it (conveniently) appear.

thats true i left that out...i look at like this and its very simple...i know when i get my piece from them the QC will be fine..no paint job needed, no this no that. Im a fan of their designs (i own mags and wolvie) so for me the extra even $200-300 is worth it. To get my apocalypse statue repainted it cost me the same.

Was it a full repaint? 200 to 300$ is a good quote for something as big as Apocalypse. I've been quoted around 400$ to repaint a standard 1:4 piece (but I asked for a paint app more complex than average)

Is this a better choice over the XM Wolverine?

I think with XM Wolv. When you are bored with it, you can still sell it for price you got or probably more. So that could be an added bonus.

It sounded to me like he was asking which one to get. I'm aware of how much they cost, but to get one now he'd be looking at $1500. Unless you know of someone selling for cost.

If I could buy the XM or SSC pieces with all things being equal... Mainly the shipping cost... I would have gone for the XM one. However, I am not a fan of any of the recent 1/4 Wolverine headsculpts. Well I love Ericks customs.

Huh, only just noticed this but both sculpts have identical expressions. Same exact sculpt on the lower part of the face. Kind of like the change-of-hair on Emma or Jean, a COM change-of-mask. Perhaps if they went for a different look on one of the sculpts this would be more liked.

The expression on the statue reminds me a lot of the firing squad scene in Xmen Origins.

6uw19py5j

That example couldn't be more perfect. Rage + I'm gonna enjoy tearing you apart

Ordered... have been waiting for a brown Wolvie but will definitely want a custom portrait. Masked is just okay to me. Unmasked looks weird because it's too elongated. Very well illustrated in SLO_MO PS below.

View attachment 193121

I was bored, already had Photoshop up, and wanted to test out my photo retouching /painting skills. Changed the shape of the face, added depth to the mouth, tried to remove overbite, thickened the eyebrows, added hair to the chops to contour the face, and completely redid the nose. This is more in line with what I would've liked to have seen, I guess. The masked sculpt is pretty decent. Oh well. :dunno

Hopefully get a bada$$ custom portrait like this. Are you seeing this Dark Spidey?? Sosa?? :D

I would of loved to buy a brown wolverine but the face just isn't doing it for me and to pay an additional fee for a custom head, it's a tough purchase. Where's the mouth closed version from sideshow

I would of loved to buy a brown wolverine but the face just isn't doing it for me and to pay an additional fee for a custom head, it's a tough purchase. Where's the mouth closed version from sideshow

Yea, I can see that a custom head would really improve this piece but if you tack on the cost for a nice custom head, you are basically at XM base price. I find that less justifiably than just getting XM Wolverine...then again, you can't get him for that price anymore but just saying...

Yea, I can see that a custom head would really improve this piece but if you tack on the cost for a nice custom head, you are basically at XM base price. I find that less justifiably than just getting XM Wolverine...then again, you can't get him for that price anymore but just saying...

Okay by me sara. Money don't spend itself. :D

It really depends on where you get your custom heads from and where you're located. An XM Piece from Simpletoys to the US will run you over $900 after shipping. A SSC piece in the US at todays pricing about $510, plus a custom head, anywhere from $650-810, I'm still saving money going that route if the XM Wolverine was available, which it isn't.

It really depends on where you get your custom heads from and where you're located. An XM Piece from Simpletoys to the US will run you over $900 after shipping. A SSC piece in the US at todays pricing about $510, plus a custom head, anywhere from $650-810, I'm still saving money going that route if the XM Wolverine was available, which it isn't.

most xm pieces arent 900 lol, even mule said his cost 710 shipped from simply...

most xm pieces arent 900 lol, even mule said his cost 710 shipped from simply...

That has to be a special case. I haven't been quoted under $900 since their captain America... Who came in at $865 I was quoted by one of the original guys to come to the forums selling xm.

Back