Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not owning the XM Wolverine (and it does look really good), I think we are still waiting for the definitive Wolverine statue that makes us all happy. This new one from Sideshow is nice too...but not jaw dropping and the mouth needs some work.

Ha! Ha! A statue that will make us all happy??!!?? You must be new to these forums. People will always find something to ***** and complain about.

What printing service will you use ? What matcap are you using on your ZB model ?

I am using skinshade4 for the material with a heavy clay workable texture, and I am looking to use local printer. I still need to chat with them though.

Have you ever printed out one of your heads to sell saw your thread like a few of your sculpts.

Hey krec... I haven't printed anything yet. I am going to try to get the Captain America one printed in a few weeks will keep you guys posted.

Erick Sosa is going to be working on a couple of custom heads for this PF. I can't wait to see them, I love his work

Well crap... Erick is going to kill it.... I doubt there will be much interest in mine... but what the heck. Still lots of work to be done mind you.

Edit:

Tweaked the mouth and chin a bit

Last edited:
I think it looks great my friend. I'm hoping for a blue and yellow version of this statue, but if not ;)

Sosa heads are awesome but so expensive. Haha but so worth it...

How expensive are we talking for Sosa heads? I love the guy's work and would really only order this statue if I was going for a separate head - the face sculpt on this one kills the whole thing for me even though I adore the rest.

I have never purchased one personally, but in the $200 area is what I was quoted.

I think it looks great my friend. I'm hoping for a blue and yellow version of this statue, but if not ;)

Thanks m8. Honestly, the expression needs a lot of work still. I my really threw the mask lines on to see how it would look, and to give people an idea of what could be done. I wouldn't want people to miss out because of the Headsculpt if there is s sing I can do to help.

I have never purchased one personally, but in the $200 area is what I was quoted.

Yeah easily, a 1/6 Jim Lee portrait was $160

Yeah, they looked awesome. But I can't spend what is essentially half of a premium format on a head sculpt. No matter how much I want to.

Ahah oookayyy.... forget that.

I think it all depends on if it is a character you HAVE to HAVE. You figure that even with a custom Headsculpt this will be light years cheaper than most customs, and forget about even talking about XM. Your going to have to sell your house to get their stuff soon....lol.

Ha! Ha! A statue that will make us all happy??!!?? You must be new to these forums. People will always find something to ***** and complain about.

Lol, hardly new to the forum. You only need to look under the avatar to see that. I agree there will always be someone who gripes about a statue....except for the XM Magneto.

wolverine.jpg

Not hard is it. Keep it simple and you just got half your PO and a sell out.

the sculptor who did the new Wolverine face sculpts also did the Reeve PF head sculpt.

Well that explains a lot. No offence to the guy, I just don't like either of those works personally. The paint they have used for the skin makes him look like a toy.

Not hard is it. Keep it simple and you just got half your PO and a sell out.

Well that explains a lot. No offence to the guy, I just don't like either of those works personally. The paint they have used for the skin makes him look like a toy.

Indeed, that would be an easy buy. As it is I think I'm out on this one and I'll just hope they eventually make a blue and yellow variant with a different head.

This looks MUCH better- but the base needs to be fully environmental- not a half-assed hodgepodge mixing abstract with environmental just to squeeze some much needed height out of it for the price tag.

Such a shame, as it is SOOOOO close to being a really kick-ass representation of this character. But I sure as hell ain't laying down $500 only to have to look to another source, and fork out even more money, for a better portrait. AAARRRGGHHH! So close :gah:

You right on the base. It just looks lazy

Back