Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why people get frustrated/give up on SS. I always wanted Brown costume Wolvie, sold the original (just after this sold out and had to WL it). Got a convert, yes, I know, late orders miss out on replacements. Been traveling and come home to find a pretty dicked up base, no replacements and Daniel throws the $30 credit at me on another order. I don't think they even look at the pics you send in, and I suspect this was a return. Anyway, even though it displays well from the 'bowl up' I'm thinking I have to send this back.

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

There's more, but you get the idea. The scratch/chip on the front might look minor, but it's like 2 inches long. At first I was willing to suck it up for a small refund, but everything about this has just disappointed me from start to finish, Including they never respond to emailhs. I've never gotten a good outcome dealing with Daniel, he made the same offer when my Vampirella base came broken in like 50 pieces. Total joke.

Sorry T. I've never had a problem with any of them I've dealt with. I've never just settled for a PF. If your that unhappy send it back. With no replacement parts you don't seem to have too many options. Credit or return. Not sure what else Daniel or anyone at SS can tell you.

That does suck, man. This 1 and the Spidey were like the 2, I was really looking forward to. I was lucky both of of my EXCs were perfect. Just buy the regular and you should get a fresh 1, not a possible return.

This is why people get frustrated/give up on SS. I always wanted Brown costume Wolvie, sold the original (just after this sold out and had to WL it). Got a convert, yes, I know, late orders miss out on replacements. Been traveling and come home to find a pretty dicked up base, no replacements and Daniel throws the $30 credit at me on another order. I don't think they even look at the pics you send in, and I suspect this was a return. Anyway, even though it displays well from the 'bowl up' I'm thinking I have to send this back.

There's more, but you get the idea. The scratch/chip on the front might look minor, but it's like 2 inches long. At first I was willing to suck it up for a small refund, but everything about this has just disappointed me from start to finish, Including they never respond to emailhs. I've never gotten a good outcome dealing with Daniel, he made the same offer when my Vampirella base came broken in like 50 pieces. Total joke.

I remember your Vampirella's base in a hundred tiny pieces and that was very sad to view. But you were in Germany, overseas, so SS probably didn't want to take a 2nd chance of your replacement arriving so dreadfully damaged again. Just get the regular, it's really an epic statue Exc or Reg.

I'm fine with a Reg, honestly. Just dissatisfied with the CS on this. Usually they are more creative and would try and make something work, even a nominal gesture.

Ive been through hell and back with this statue and SS. first I was sent an ex but one of the claws was misaligned and the base scuffed. Sent those pieces back and and was sent a replacement in which they forgot to send my art box back and sent me a reg base back instead of an ex base. So I had to send it all back again. This has been a 3 month back and fourth process. They emailed me saying the replacements are on the way, fingers crossed everything is a okay when i open it up.

Ive been through hell and back with this statue and SS. first I was sent an ex but one of the claws was misaligned and the base scuffed. Sent those pieces back and and was sent a replacement in which they forgot to send my art box back and sent me a reg base back instead of an ex base. So I had to send it all back again. This has been a 3 month back and fourth process. They emailed me saying the replacements are on the way, fingers crossed everything is a okay when i open it up.

Maybe I got your returned base, lol. I just boxed it, and it's a lot worse than my pics make it seem, iPhone photos at night. Many more scratches, indents, etc, and he has a yellow eyebrow scratch on one masked eye. I offered to keep it initially if they knocked off $50 from THIS order, glad they didn't take me up on that.

Sorry T. I've never had a problem with any of them I've dealt with. I've never just settled for a PF. If your that unhappy send it back. With no replacement parts you don't seem to have too many options. Credit or return. Not sure what else Daniel or anyone at SS can tell you.

Yeah, I agree with King here. I'd send it back. Don't settle. It's not worth it.

I see what you're talking about in the photos. Return it. Jump on eBay and get one that's been inspected by a fellow collector before the price goes up.

Great to hear! Congrats!

It's nice feeling getting the piece the way to wanted it - and not having to settle. Glad to hear!! :rock

Thanks guys. And yes it is a great feeling. I'm pretty new to collecting statues,only have 3 from Sideshow and all from this year. 2 out of the 3 have had issues but Sideshow has come through with replacements so it's been good.

Thanks guys. And yes it is a great feeling. I'm pretty new to collecting statues,only have 3 from Sideshow and all from this year. 2 out of the 3 have had issues but Sideshow has come through with replacements so it's been good.

What type of pieces did you focus on before statues? Hot Toys?

What type of pieces did you focus on before statues? Hot Toys?

Yep mainly hot toys,some marvel comic things,posters. First statues were PCS Sagat,SS Catwoman(purple),SS Spiderman,PCS Ryu,and SS Wolverine. On board for XM Venom,SS Venom,PCS 1/3 MK ninjas and PCS Howling werewolf. The statue bug bit me hard this year lol.

Yep mainly hot toys,some marvel comic things,posters. First statues were PCS Sagat,SS Catwoman(purple),SS Spiderman,PCS Ryu,and SS Wolverine. On board for XM Venom,SS Venom,PCS 1/3 MK ninjas and PCS Howling werewolf. The statue bug bit me hard this year lol.

:lol Yeah, I guess so. Quiet the list. :rock

This Wolverine is one of the best premium formats ever made even though due to its size it is more a comiquette than a premium format.I have him next to Cyclops wand he is noticably bigger than him.The size difference is more obvious when you compare the fists which are considerably bigger and the legs.Cyclops legs are a lot longer than Wolverine's.I want to ask someone who remembers their characters from the comics if this is accurate or if Wolverine should be bigger than Cyclops.

This Wolverine is one of the best premium formats ever made even though due to its size it is more a comiquette than a premium format.I have him next to Cyclops wand he is noticably bigger than him.The size difference is more obvious when you compare the fists which are considerably bigger and the legs.Cyclops legs are a lot longer than Wolverine's.I want to ask someone who remembers their characters from the comics if this is accurate or if Wolverine should be bigger than Cyclops.

People are misled to think wolverine is bigger than the rest of the x-men characters. Partly i think because of the x-men movies where wolverine is portrayed by hugh freakn jackman. But hes a very short dude. Only 5'3"

Back