Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opened mine up and happy to report no issues. This statue really impressed me. Hopefully SS takes proper care of those who had problems.

SS won't ship another head. Looks like I'm returning this one. :dunno
Chronos I'm sorry to hear bro...thats a bummer.....Return it for full and jump right on the WL for the exclusive and cross your fingers. The claws do look great but if your into his backstory the muramasa blade does have significance and its one of SSs better exclusives. Especially if you want to pair him with Sabretooth.

There was an exclusive that just sold for $595 plus shipping (70 bids) that ended last night, so its already starting to take off.

Wish you the best man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

That's ridiculous.. so they're out of head replacements already? I wonder if having to wait until the regs ship first left us who ordered the ex short changed.

I was surprised they're having me ship back my replacement arm that was mismatched, normally they say to smash it. At least it'll now go to someone who needs one.

Sent my Wolvie EX back a couple of weeks ago because the foot and base weren't flush. My fingertips actually cracked as I tried getting them together.

Sideshow agreed to a replacement, but not without saying that they opened mine up and put it together right away without any issues. Definitely didn't care for the tone of the email, which suggests that I'm either dishonest or incompetent, but at least they're working with me:
dd55daa3331b9bf806842dd95aa49e73.jpg

It appears they were all impossible to get on the base so a replacement probably wouldn't have helped.. a little wd40 and lots of pressure and it would have went down but yeah, it shouldn't have been that difficult in the first place.

Sent my Wolvie EX back a couple of weeks ago because the foot and base weren't flush. My fingertips actually cracked as I tried getting them together.

Sideshow agreed to a replacement, but not without saying that they opened mine up and put it together right away without any issues. Definitely didn't care for the tone of the email, which suggests that I'm either dishonest or incompetent, but at least they're working with me:

Did you lube the peg? I personally wouldn't use WD40 (not sure what it will do to paint). But something like glycine/glycerol would be fine...

Nah, they don't think you're dishonest. Who wants to return a statue like Wolvie? They just know you weren't trying to find the way to get the 2 pegs to enter the holes. Everybody got the same statue and base, so you just had to maneuver the pegs until they sat perfectly. I think it would have been a lot easier for everybody had it been just 1 peg and that's it.

I am ok with being slightly rougher on it at first. I test the peg to make sure it is not faulty and such. I don't want to be gentle and find out later that the peg hole is cracked

I am ok with being slightly rougher on it at first. I test the peg to make sure it is not faulty and such. I don't want to be gentle and find out later that the peg hole is cracked

I agree, but I'm telling you guys, I really had to force it and even then it wasn't enough. I have a few dozen statues and he only one I've had similar issues with is Link on Epona. But even then, once I forced it into place there was no gap. Anyway, I'm hoping for a good replacement. The head was messed up on mine, too. Black spots all over the top of his head. I'll update you guys next week!

I agree, but I'm telling you guys, I really had to force it and even then it wasn't enough. I have a few dozen statues and he only one I've had similar issues with is Link on Epona. But even then, once I forced it into place there was no gap. Anyway, I'm hoping for a good replacement. The head was messed up on mine, too. Black spots all over the top of his head. I'll update you guys next week!

And.... you didn't lube it, did you?

And.... you didn't lube it, did you?

I didn't, but only because 1) I wasn't really sure what would/would affect the paint and 2) I don't think I should need to. Anyway, Sideshow really nailed the sculpt and paint on this one. Fantastic job overall, and I can't wait to display mine on my mantle.

I didn't, but only because 1) I wasn't really sure what would/would affect the paint and 2) I don't think I should need to. Anyway, Sideshow really nailed the sculpt and paint on this one. Fantastic job overall, and I can't wait to display mine on my mantle.

Just saying... if I sent back every piece that didn't fit into the base, without lube, I would be almost statueless. :)

Just saying... if I sent back every piece that didn't fit into the base, without lube, I would be almost statueless. :)

Hmmm. Guess I've had better luck than you, as I've never had that issue before. You say you use glycerine? Where do you get it?

For me and for every statue I've received, most times the peg goes in without any resistance. However, once I feel any resistance, I lube the peg ...for 2 good reasons.

1. I don't want to break anything by applying too much force on the base and statue to get the peg all the way in.
2. Make it easier on myself if I need to pull the statue off the base in the future. Logically, if it's tough going in, it'll be tough coming out.

I was actually a little worried when peeps here were saying he was difficult to get on his base. I've only had 2 statutes from SSC that were a pain in the rear to assemble. My DD COM was a nightmare to get on his base. I actually couldn't do it after 40 minutes of trying on and off. It was as frustrating as hell. SSC sent me a replacement body and I couldn't believe that did the trick. Usually replacement bodies are even harder to line up with a base than the original bodies but in my case, it worked out perfectly. Lastly, both portraits on the latest Emma PF were absolutely tight as hell to put on her body. I honestly thought I was going to crack her collar/neck trying to get the portrait on her. It took a long while and a bit of elbow grease to get a flush fit on the portrait I decided to go with. I haven't taken it off since. Other than that, I've really had no problems with my SSC pieces and this Wolvie PF was surprisingly easy to attach to the base for me personally given some of the difficulties peeps are having here. I count myself as lucky. This would be a difficult piece for me to return if I was having QC issues.

Back