Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it seems the arm was cut too narrow. The part where the magnet is on the arm..on the inside like where his armpit would be. If I add a little putty to that area, it props the arm up more in the air and the gap goes away. It's basically like his arm is dangling too low and needs a lift. And it's not the body area because my Ex arm fits perfect/seamless.

So to truly fix it I would need to add some epoxy sculpt to the underarm of the magnet area and repaint that section.

View attachment 286947

Oh ok ...now I understand why there's a gap. Hmmm, yea ...Unfortunately, your situation is trickier.

The good thing is, if you do decide to fix it, the added epoxy and repaint will be in a spot that is not easily seen. Still doable ...so I wish you luck, my man.

I did this with my SS Classic CW head. I had to grind down the magnet in the body, since it was unevenly placed, and then grind down the entire peg/magnet of the head, until the head sat flush with the body. I went through all this since this was an ebay purchase.

From this:
22797991002_22c3afc950_b.jpg

To this:
23019621675_eb7ddb2aaf_b.jpg

I can't remember which PF I had to do this to. But for me I didn't have to grind out the magnet. I just had to grind down one side of the peg to make it fit better. Worked out great for me, too.

I can't remember which PF I had to do this to. But for me I didn't have to grind out the magnet. I just had to grind down one side of the peg to make it fit better. Worked out great for me, too.

Yep, pretty much the situation I'm in.. there's a small gap, not terrible but something that shouldn't be there.

And yes, it's at least in a spot thats not visible if I do decide to fix it.. paint/sculpt doesn't need to be perfect.

I think it sucks big time when people generally pre-order this first day SS puts it for sale, wait a whole year with the expectation that you are going to love this statue from reading the comics, viewing the character in the cartoons, movies and then you receive an obviously defective product. And then they still tell you there are no replacement parts. It really does take the fun from collecting these statues. I must admit I sweat it all the time when I'm examining all the pieces for flaws. Counting my blessings that I got this 1 and Spidey with no issues.

I think it sucks big time when people generally pre-order this first day SS puts it for sale, wait a whole year with the expectation that you are going to love this statue from reading the comics, viewing the character in the cartoons, movies and then you receive an obviously defective product. And then they still tell you there are no replacement parts. It really does take the fun from collecting these statues. I must admit I sweat it all the time when I'm examining all the pieces for flaws. Counting my blessings that I got this 1 and Spidey with no issues.

I agree. This can be a stressful hobby. More so than any I've experienced. I have been lucky that
SS has come through for me on every occasion I have need replacements. I still don't enjoy the process of waiting and then flirting with disaster come ship time. I am actually relieved I am running out of space in my house for statues because it gives me a reason to be content and walk away with a quality collection for me to enjoy.

I agree. This can be a stressful hobby. More so than any I've experienced. I have been lucky that
SS has come through for me on every occasion I have need replacements. I still don't enjoy the process of waiting and then flirting with disaster come ship time. I am actually relieved I am running out of space in my house for statues because it gives me a reason to be content and walk away with a quality collection for me to enjoy.

I have no doubt that some of the older collectors here have their heart medication and oxygen tank ready to be administered nearby the table every time they open a SS statue. :lol

Happy to say #671 Ex has come in flawless! Whew
I'm in awe at how amazing this looks up close....just floored!!
74f07d9410afa483627700b6ff0f5b36.jpg
cd0371fd98492869994d850d9b382465.jpg
f8f136ad2fd186e38b2cc24fc93dfa17.jpg
335174ce5902478cc92941a6540a7041.jpg
fc009a5a7d8c56b357dd9da055ebc5a7.jpg
3ea178079a7c9186f0ccdafff341c18d.jpg
277974b4c6f244ae0a69a3b7ba78f7f9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you got one with no issues, this is a special piece. How you liking that switch out blade King? I didn't think I'd display him with the Muramasa Blade but I haven't taken it off since I put him on my shelf. I'm really digging it far more than I expected.

Filip, I do really like the switch out muramasa blade. It means alot to his backstory, one of the better exclusives by SS in some time. Especially for those that have Sabretooth on the way for a companion piece. It's going to be tough to decide I do really enjoy the look with both sets of claws drawn.

If I had to nit pick, I do kind of wish his blades were out AND holding the sword at the same time. I do see that his front claws are not exactly an equal distance apart, but its not terribly noticable.

One thing I noticed, the texturing on his upper left thigh looks great. I didn't notice it in the prototype pics so it was nice to see. Very pleased.

Congrats to all who received this amazing specimen, and I hope it works out for everyone who received one with issues working with SS. The yellow and brown is my favorite suit for Wolverine. This is not a statue I would want to send back for a full refund. It's too good to pass up. Cheers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice pics, King Grimlock, he is indeed 1 of SS's best for this year. I need to go to Ikea to buy another BestA, cause this bad boy really needs his own cubicle. But I might stick in Jean Grey so he doesn't feel too lonely. :lol

Back