Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I frankly think SS did a damn good job with the QC all things considered. I know there some little issues here and there but overall looks pretty good.

I'm not specifically referring to this Wolverine. In fact this Wolvie has been 1 of the better ones with hardly any to no major issues. I'm talking about previous PFs that have had several big issues and SS not having replacements to resolve all the complaints. Then here comes the credit resolution or send it back option.

Anyone else have trouble fitting him on the base? Even after lots of work and careful pressure, there's still a decent gap:
7ea1d963d161b235487ec13542b2770a.jpg
6c3c52af183478b5616ca48646793a50.jpg

The Wonder Woman PF was the same with some of the parts, on the advice of another member I added a little WD-40 to a cotton swab and lightly wiped the peg to grease it up a little. I ended up doing the same for the Wolverine.. it was still extremely hard to push in, thought id break the bridge.. but he's in, and hopefully will slide out a little easier if I ever need to get him out.

Sand the peg down to make it a little skinnier? I'd be worried about putting too much pressure on him when pushing down.

I pushed it in pretty forcefully and had a heck of a time getting him back out. Going to see what sideshow says about it. I've had pieces that are snug, but this is unusually difficult

You have to keep moving it around slightly until it falls in place. When you look at it at eye level, the pegs are a little off the holes, so you have to move the statue at an angle and it will fall in place with no force at all.

You have to keep moving it around slightly until it falls in place. When you look at it at eye level, the pegs are a little off the holes, so you have to move the statue at an angle and it will fall in place with no force at all.

I know what you mean, but I definitely couldn't get it to work that way. Both to insert and remove him from the base I had to use significant pressure/force. Might try the WD-40 trick, but getting it near the statue makes me a little nervous.

WOW!!! This piece came out great!!! I was on the fence a little about the masked face sculpt but the more pics I saw the more I started to warm up to it. In hand pics made me realize it might be one of my favorite Wolverine head sculpts (masked). Now that I have it in hand I can honestly say I love it. The paint apps were the only thing I was unsure off judging from the some of the photos. Well this guy is hard to photograph and catch all the paint details (shading) he has around his face and it looks great. I don't even hate the unmasked version in person... Having said that I will probably never display him that way. It still is a bit "off" but much better then pics can show.

The pose IMO is the best Wolverine pose out there. It's perfect. No complaints. Only pose that comes close IMO is the original Comiquette. Everything else falls short... The base is amazing also and again IMO is the best base out there. It just brings an element of class to this statue that you don't usually see with other pieces. The EX looks great when in place also.. But I will rarely use it if ever because the clawed pose is just so damn iconic and perfect.

Personally I am very happy with this purchase. It's been a while since I have been this surprised by a piece out of the box. If anyone is one the fence I say it's time to get off and get this piece..

Some crappy photos.

Can we use that coupon for a pre order or just for an item that currently in stock?

I had to enter the coupon and save it to my account, then it gave me a list of things I could use the coupon on. So it works with certain things but not all. The list was pretty long and there were some pre order stuff on there.

Ended up asking CS about the hole in the boot, they confirmed the right boot is supposed to have a hole in it and is on one of their (proto?) pieces and they sent a picture of theirs as well. Not sure why there's a hole =x

Mine.
IMG_2573.jpg

Theirs.
3001161 Boot.jpg

I do hope SS hooks you up. Worse case scenario is that lame credit offer applied to an existing order or future order. I guess the way they paint these things in those factories in China is that they just grab the first unpainted body, never check it for defects and then just start painting it. At the end they could've had a masterpiece of a statue with a great paint job had they just looked it over to make sure everything was intact on it. :thud:

Thanks bro.. So i just received feedback from them that id be getting a replacement body.. I really wonder why QA still has not improve with them given the competition..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back