Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if SS numbered this... is it safe to assumed that P2 maquette is, in fact, an open edition too? With the only difference is that one took number of PO to determine what ES size should be?

I don't think it will be open ES.

Has any edition size ever made that much of an impact on how secondary prices go for a figure? I keep hearing edition size this and that but them whenever something is sold out, then everybody wants to scoop it up.

Has any edition size ever made that much of an impact on how secondary prices go for a figure? I keep hearing edition size this and that but them whenever something is sold out, then everybody wants to scoop it up.

Of course it does.
P2 LSB sells for buttons whereas the Savage edition will command a higher price. Not because it's better, purely due to the fact they only made 100.

Yeah, I guess I'm just numb to the thread routines now where people are exciting for a release, then get disappointed by whatever the ES is, then a couple months after release, buys one anyway at secondary market prices:lol

If one was to look at that P2 maquette thread right now, you'd swear no one was gonna buy that thing.

Yeah, I guess I'm just numb to the thread routines now where people are exciting for a release, then get disappointed by whatever the ES is, then a couple months after release, buys one anyway at secondary market prices:lol

If one was to look at that P2 maquette thread right now, you'd swear no one was gonna buy that thing.

50ish confirmed orders between the two boards :dunno

Maybe the number will rise after SS release 2nd set of promo pics (quills added, bigger spear, pigtails fixed, etc)... and ES size also. Same with SS Diablo.

Yeah the orders would shoot up, I'd be in there as well...... but it isn't going to happen I'm afraid. :monkey2

Welp....had to pack wolf back in his box. Moving soon, so it will be 2 months till I'll get to see him gleaming in the spot light again :(.

I think I remember correctly, the wolverine legendary figure was sold out/wait list and I now I see it up for order again. Does anyone know if this will happen with the wolf predator legendary figure?

I think I remember correctly, the wolverine legendary figure was sold out/wait list and I now I see it up for order again. Does anyone know if this will happen with the wolf predator legendary figure?
The Wolf LSF was pulled out of production due to a lot of damage during shipping as far as i'm aware.
Different situation to the Wolverine so I doubt it.

Interesting , I had no idea. Thanks for info. What kind of damage? It seems like if there is a demand, why not just rethink and redo the packaging to avoid damage?

The problem of this fig came from the design itself. There are parts those are too narrow like Xeno's finger at the base. Wolf's hair, right leg, etc. With those combined with weight, roughly 1/5 of them them were damaged during shipping process. And some got destroyed for this.
Redo the packaging to avoid the damage seems possible but it's not easy. The original package alone is oversized enough, having the size of minibar refrigerator. If it gotten even bigger it'll cost SS more shipping cost, and less profit.
It's up to SS but I think the chance are pretty slim. Why reproduce such troublesome thing while you could milking oversized robo statue? I mean, Mk 3 BD LSF everyone?

Ugh, very good points, thanks. You would think with their years of experience to know that the piece would have issues and prepare a more secure packaging method or assembly process of the statue. I emailed SSC and they told me no more are being made.

Darn, any place online people have seen it in stock?

Back