Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burn it. Let the plastic melt.

e326a16e148f41068b6fe2e81c3b3bee.jpg

Probably not a good idea to go that route - the fumes would be incredibly toxic.

That's why I was asking about method of destruction - not sure a hammer approach will work on this rubbery vinyl :dunno

That's what he should say in the email.
He tried crushing it, but the hammer kept bouncing off of it. LOL!

Please post pics of destroyed bust here. In somewhat of a perverse way, I'm curious to see what that would look like...

Appreciate you taking the time to make/post the vid
thumb2.gif

Very similar to mine as regards damage (cracked mandible and necklace snapped & broken etc.)

I've switched you from a "Returning - unhappy with product" to a "Damaged - asking for refund".

Thanks again.

If you need to destroy just use a knife to cut into it in a few places. That should satisfy them. It's what I used to do with Hot Toys heads that had paint issues. Hell, you could even draw all over it (I was asked to do that by Sideshow once lol).

A while ago, the topic of PVC vs Polystone was discussed on Statue Forum, as there has constantly been this misconception around here that PVC is cheap and Sideshow use it simply because it's cheaper to produce. Here's a post from Jerry of PCS on this topic, which will hopefully shed some light on the topic:

Don't take anything seriously from that Jerry guy.

Don't take anything seriously from that Jerry guy.

I don't take anything seriously from anyone in this industry, but he doesn't make anything in PVC so he has nothing to gain.

Regardless, I don't care anyway, just sharing the info here as I thought some might find it interesting. For what it's worth, he's not the only person to say that.

Opened mine today. I'll keep my review short. The sculpt is still amazing and it still looks decent from far away, however when you move in closer it clearly looks plasticy and there is not a lot of detail due to the poor paint job. It sure does feel cheap due to the ENTIRE thing made of PVC. I mean... I thought the base was going to at least be heavy polystone/resin but nope. Its all 100% plastic. Also, one of the dreads had broken off.
So I am getting a refund. It is not worth the money AT ALL.

I am still bummed that it didn't live up to expectations. Shame on Sideshow...

20171018_204446.jpg

20171018_204558.jpg

Last edited:
now there having a *******g laugh, my flex payment has been put back to November now, maybe there considering a recall :rotfl

They did with the new Thor PF

What's the story behind that? I think it's too late for a recall on this, most people have returned it already. Although many might re-order if they made them to a higher standard and released it again without charging more. I would.

What's the story behind that? I think it's too late for a recall on this, most people have returned it already. Although many might re-order if they made them to a higher standard and released it again without charging more. I would.

the base was unbalanced so they did a recall & release it again with added piece to balance the base. Agree, too late for Wolf now, they already started to issue full refund. They handled this well IMHO.

This might've happened to P2 maquette. Sure it wasn't that great but decent statue nonetheless. Remember that it was cancelled once and then reopen for PO?

Back