Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't they make a big deal about the 'Textured Dreads'?...

22365284_10212017590368703_7042468359137692612_n.jpg

:rotfl

Edit: Yeah, nice one SS...

aliens-vs-predator-requiem-legendary-scale-bueste-1_2-wolf-predator-limited-international-ver-45.jpg

Just got in for a real long day at work to read all of this. I think all I can say to sum it up is that I'm very disappointed, but not really surprised.. And that's kind of sad.

I had real high hopes for this, after a few kind of half arsed (but still nice enough) LSB's, they seemed to go all out of this thing to really make a product to talk excitedly about. And then they charge double the money and make them plastic?? And visible seam lines are a big no no on a $5 kit, never mind a $650+ high end collectible from a respected company!! Erghh. I'll reserve judgment until mine arrives but I'm dreading it now, rather than looking forward to it. if it hadn't shipped already I'd be cancelling it as I imagine we will struggle to get refunds simply due to the cheap material used..

That mandible seam is horrible. I will open mine up and check it out before I make a decision to send it back or not.

I only hope that us international guys are able to ship these right back without paying return postage. It will be hard enough getting our tax back... Errrgh!

I consider myself to be quite forgiving even with expensive collectibles, but for the price this goes for in the EU (750-799 euros ~ 940USD!!!), it's simply inexcusable.

I don't really care about the material used, as long as the final result looks good and the price reflects the cheaper material. Here the bust looks like a poor knockoff of the prototype and it costs almost twice the older polystone Predator LSBs.. This is insane! If this cost around 250usd, I would be ok with PVC and mediocre paintjob...

I wonder if these will see a rapid drop in value in the near future.

I only hope that us international guys are able to ship these right back without paying return postage. It will be hard enough getting our tax back... Errrgh!

ditto, so disappointed with sideshow, they have gone down the drain since the early days

Yes please. I'd like to know if these are some bad examples, or if the whole lot is effed.

Opening right now I do like the sculpt and I may keep it because of that but if it's not to my liking I will get a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just submitted a return. :(

After watching a review of this from another collector I was astounded to see the lack of quality, materials & finish for a product that is selling for $650. I was very exited to receive this & hopeful that it would be worth my hard earned money, but i cant warrant paying as much as i did for a plastic bust that looks very little like the examples shown on the webpage. This is expected to be delivered to me next week. I will not open it to make it easier for a return. Please let me know what steps i need to take in order to get my refund. Thank you, KP

Wow. I'm so disappointed. I was looking forward to this for awhile now. I'm done collecting sideshow. I've been trimming down my collection and thinking about not buying statues anymore and this pretty much seals the deal. The quality is actually insulting to me. I was expecting better quality than the previous LSBs, not worse. Unfortunately mine shipped last night and is on the way. What should I do? Refuse shipment or call sideshow directly and tell them im not even going to open it?

I consider myself to be quite forgiving even with expensive collectibles, but for the price this goes for in the EU (750-799 euros ~ 940USD!!!), it's simply inexcusable.

I don't really care about the material used, as long as the final result looks good and the price reflects the cheaper material. Here the bust looks like a poor knockoff of the prototype and it costs almost twice the older polystone Predator LSBs.. This is insane! If this cost around 250usd, I would be ok with PVC and mediocre paintjob...

I wonder if these will see a rapid drop in value in the near future.

Absolutely true! :lecture

Wow. I'm so disappointed. I was looking forward to this for awhile now. I'm done collecting sideshow. I've been trimming down my collection and thinking about not buying statues anymore and this pretty much seals the deal. The quality is actually insulting to me. I was expecting better quality than the previous LSBs, not worse. Unfortunately mine shipped last night and is on the way. What should I do? Refuse shipment or call sideshow directly and tell them im not even going to open it?

I think you'll get charged for returning unless the item is damaged.
Contact them via Chat and ask what will happen if you refuse delivery.

Will be much harder for I ternational customers to recover all their expenses.

I'm all in on the new MKIII IM but this is making me think twice. Especially with their chequered IM history.
And we were all thinking/hoping they had made a determined effort to step up the quality of their items, especially with all the extra options collectors have now.

what a shame ...
i was really close pulling the trigger and i am really glad i didn't

coolprobs / prime 1 here i come!

Mine was supposed to show up yesterday, but DHL took off before I could answer the phone and were gone. So today it was! I saw the video last night, as we all did, and it definitely made my heart sink in terms of just the disappointment in the voice and such.

So, how is it in person? Well, it's a mixed bag.

It's definitely more PVC than polystone. I believe the base has polystone in it, as that's in the smaller box and it's heavier than the top. The head is likely all PVC. So first and foremost, above all else, the BIGGEST ISSUE with this piece is the price. Had this been $200 cheaper, I don't think AS many would complain...and it should've been at least $100 cheaper. With the Alien LSBs hitting around $400, this should've maybe hit $499 out of the gate, at the top end. But we all know that wasn't the case, and took the jump because it looked badass!

And while I could only take some quick shots of it on my phone before I had to head off to work, I definitely didn't fall to the floor loathing it. It's the cost that really has me questioning things more than anything. The paint job isn't THAT bad. And I know for this cost saying it's not THAT bad sounds terrible...but we all remember the Predator LSB fiasco with the absolutely horrendous paint job a few years ago...that was one ugly mother...

This one at least kept the details there. Again, I'll take a better look at it when I get home and kind of sort if from there in terms of value. I definitely don't think it's worth the HUGE...no, MASSIVE price jump they gave it, but it'll be a question of whether or not I like it enough to keep it instead of sucking up the $180 customs fees, and $80 shipping (Oh, Canada...) because, I mean, at that point, it's all just painful. :lol

So, from the look that I got of it, the head is really light. The damage that the guy is talking about in the previous picture doesn't really matter, as that's ALL hidden. That's all where the neck connects to the body. You have to kind of...cram it in there too, as the dreads are stuck to the head, and they're fairly tight, so you have to kind of...maneuver the neck in there without damaging things. It takes a bit of wiggling, but it's doable. After that, you'll never see any of those issues that are in the pictures shown before...at least the ones on the bottom around the neck.

The paint job is okay, really. I mean, it's a lot better than that terrible LSB I mentioned before...remember triangles just painted on with stencils? Yeah, none of that...it's fairly solid all around. The mouth is always an issue, as it's so massive, and open, and it does lack certain details and looks fairly pink. There aren't any veins or the likes in there...and yeah, there probably should be for this price. And if they're going to go full PVC, then make up for it in the minor paint details or make it cheaper. Like, the prototype's mouth has various shades on the damaged side, but on this one, it's all just the same colour, which, again, hinders it on that front.

So I was thinking on the drive in that Bishoujo figures cost around $80-$90, and are PVC and all, and this definitely has more detail and all, so this is basically the price of about eight of those, and likely the same amount of PVC and such...so I'm guessing that's kind of where it was balanced out. But I think it's more because people just expect polystone all around, or for the majority...like the head should've been polystone and the dreads PVC.

And I agree that I would've been a lot happier for the cost had it been polystone used all around, because that's what you expect for the full price we all paid for this.

So to me, right out of the gate, just looking at it, the main negative is the cost...$649.99 US + $80 shipping, + 185 Canadian duties/taxes/customs, etc...is a really expensive bust. I always thought that, but gave it benefit of the doubt, as I always wanted a Wolf Predator bust and loved how this looked.

So when I opened it up...it's honestly hard to say how I would've reacted had I not seen the video last night and just been so down about it. I think I would've noticed the plastic use just because it's so much lighter...I mean, Big Chap and the Alien Warrior are heavier, solid pieces...well, not all around solid, bit they're solid in terms of construction.

The heavy PVC use is disappointing, and it definitely lost a lot of the detail in the mandible area...a lot of the aging in the prototype is gone, and smoothed out, which sucks because that really added some depth to it. And, I mean, if you're raising the price this much and you're going the PVC route (which I'd think is easier to duplicate) then keeping those details in there is really important.

I'm kind of all over the place, so apologies for that. I was really excited for this piece, and I wish I'd had more time to go over it before I had to leave for work, but alas, just the images I'll post below...when compared to the prototype the differences show. I wasn't able to do side by side shots, as I just snapped some angles instead of checking what SS had done and replicating them for better comparisons...I'll try and do that when I'm at home, but they also have professional lighting and cameras being used, as well as editing materials, so those'll always look top tier compared to cell phone shots! :lol

So I do like it...the price absolutely sucks for what was delivered...so I'm on the fence due to just how much extra was invested outside the initial costs. Tough call...I'll have to look at it more later tonight. Anywho, here are some shots!

wolf1.jpg

wolf2.jpg

wolf3.jpg

wolf4.jpg

wolf5.jpg

wolf6.jpg

wolf7.jpg

wolf8.jpg

wolf9.jpg

wolf10.jpg

wolf11.jpg

wolf12.jpg

wolf13.jpg

wolf14.jpg

wolf15.jpg

wolf16.jpg

wolf17.jpg

Sorry, realizing checking them over now that I could've tapped to focus some a bit better, and pulled the light a bit farther away. Was just trying to get some images quickly for you guys to see before I had to head out.

Thanks for posting the pics and your initial thoughts. It looks like they lost a lot of the crispness of the detailing with the use of PVC in the head sculpt.

Also, I personally hate the idea of settling for "It's not THAT terrible."

Back