Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the pics and your initial thoughts. It looks like they lost a lot of the crispness of the detailing with the use of PVC in the head sculpt.

Also, I personally hate the idea of settling for "It's not THAT terrible."

They say PVC is more expensive to produce and holds better detail :cuckoo:

. . . Was just trying to get some images quickly for you guys to see before I had to head out.

Thanks for the pics and your thoughts
thumb2.gif

sorry to all the collectors that ordered this and have to put up with SS BS ways of doing business again!

Thanks for posting the pics and your initial thoughts. It looks like they lost a lot of the crispness of the detailing with the use of PVC in the head sculpt.

Also, I personally hate the idea of settling for "It's not THAT terrible."

Yeah, when I wrote that I knew that's how it'd be taken...and it's kind of hard to describe what I mean. :lol I just mean that I didn't have the incredibly disappointed reaction like in the video, or that post from FB. Though that's often the land of "F Sideshow" no matter how good the piece turns out. :lol Again, I'll take it in more tonight and really get a feel for how it sits with me. My initial reaction just wasn't hate...more just thinking how pricey it was more than anything.

Colours looking a bit better on your GB.
Still looks like a couple of hundred $ toy.

Yeah, certain colours work with it on my piece. The inside of the mouth on the damaged side should've been given more love with colours, but the acid burns and darkened areas aren't bad. Like, from a distance -- again, as briefly as I spent with it today -- it holds the look. But with the open mouth being SUCH a centerpiece (it's what's facing the viewer) that's where love should've gone on both sides with paints.

But yeah, the plastic look is there more than it is on other pieces for sure. That's where the major price continues to be an issue for me. It was hard to swallow even with how beautiful the piece looked, but I do think this should've been $200-$150 cheaper, out of the gate.

I totally get it. And I'm not a F-Sideshow guy, I still buy stuff from them. I agree with you 100%, it's the price....if this was $400, I wouldn't be as bothered. I'll look mine over tomorrow before I make a final decision.

But that mandible seam..... :slap

Damn I used about $200 in reward points,if I canceled can I transfer the RP to another statue ?

Thanks

Does the production piece even still have the Yautja language symbols, going up the side of the base?? I can’t tell from the pics or video.

I thought from the start $650 was too high for this. Now, with the low quality all around that it actually is, $650 is completely out of the question all things considered.

Well I didn't change my mind Sideshow change what it was promised with the pre orders pictures.

Pretty sure you've already seen the post from FROBAY...

I called Sideshow and they said returns at your own expense unless their is damage. They also said they haven't heard of many complaints and people are happy with the bust.

Their typical reply to everything.

One thing I don't get is, PVC is supposed to hold better detail than polystone (only reason I could think of to use PVC here). I mean, it's what Hot Toys use for their sculpts, and what Blitzway use for the sculpts on their statues. So WTF happened here?

Admittedly, it looks not bad in Golden_Boy's pics, but certainly doesn't look like a 650 dollar piece.

What's baffling is that they've been putting out some great stuff lately, so not sure what happened with this. The white box is the icing on the cake really. Just makes the whole thing look like an incomplete product, something that was rushed out the door.

Back