• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***Wofford29's Sale***Updated Today*Bruce Lees & Waynes, HT T-800*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ***Help Kodiak Walk Again***

Update #7:

Well Kodiak had his final reassessment this past Friday. I apologize to anyone keeping up with the thread for the delayed posting. School just started again for me and I've been rushing around for that. Anyways, I signed him up for an additional six classes. He definitely made some physical improvements, but his gait is horrendous and his strength is still minimal but I really believe he'll get there. His biggest problems now since we have the walking harness is not injuring his left rear leg that he can't move to well. The way it drags and misfires it's all over the place so it'll be a while before we can let him try and walk unassissted. As for those physical improvements here they are...

Muscle measurements Pre Rehab:

Right rear - 19
Left rear - 17

Muscle measurements Post Rehab:

Right rear - 24
Left rear - 23

Weight distribution while standing Pre Rehab:

Couldn't stand.

Weight distribution while standging Post Rehab:

Front right - 32 lbs.
Front left - 32 lbs.
Rear right - 18 lbs.
Rear left - 3 lbs.

He also now has propreoception in his rear right and sometimes in his rear left. He can stand up on his own (very labored), and can sort of do this drunken sailor wobble on his own, but as you can see from the results in 6 sessions he's made improvements. He's off all medications now so he gets this week off (no update) and then back for 6 more weeks. Thanks again for all the support and here are his latest vids. I got a new phone with a better video camera so you can actually see the videos now. The second video is just an up close with him getting dried off so you guys can see him up close and personal.

View My Video

View My Video

Glad to hear he's still making progress!!!

And good luck with the semester, classes just started back here (I'm a therapist at a University) and it just got crazy again :lol

kodiakreturns.png

:wave

Good to hear that he is making improvements! He is very lucky to have you and your parents as owners. Best wishes to your family.

Update 7.5:

Well only half an update today. After his week off (due to the therapist moving to a new building) we started round 2 today. At least we thought we were. We drive an hour out to the place get him weighed in (gained some more weight, he's up to 89.9lbs.) we get his harness off and him into the water treadmill and they start filling it up. Well once it gets right where it needs to be the pvc pipe under the machine explodes and the entire room starts flooding. Of course Kodiak is freaking out in the tub and people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Quite the scene and a waste of a day because we couldn't do anything so next Friday hopefully I'll have an official update with some more video.

On the sale front, the money for round 2 was due today so I need to start moving some more of this stuff (please don't worry about making donations, I need to move these things). Just sold Punisher at a great price, so I won't say I'm desperate, but if you're interested in anything please don't be scared to pm an offer my way. I'm listening to everything at this point. Thanks again to all out there checking in.

Update #8:

Kodiak went a day early this week. My parents are going out of town to visit my younger brother in New Jersey, so Kodiak will be staying at my house until Tuesday and I'll try and take some video of him wobbling around so you all can see the progress he's made outside of the therapy. His session yesterday was more of the same really. He seems to be giving up a little on effort whith his worse leg in the tub. He lets it drag a lot. It's wierd, it's like you can sense he's tired of trying and trying with little results so he's just letting it drag, and then it's like he wants to try again all of a sudden and starts cycling again the best he can. He's a trooper that's for sure. It'll be fun having him around for the week though. My Frenchie will more than likely drive him up the wall.

On the sales front, I really would love to move this stuff so PLEASE don't be afraid to make me an offer on something. I really mean it when I say I'm listening to anything. Thanks again guys and gals for the support.

Update #9: Video outside of therapy...

Okay ladies and gents here is the video I promised I'd post. I took a bunch of vids, but I think this one shows him off at his finest for where he's at currently. He's really working his ass off. This was shot at my parents property when I took him and my Frenchie to play. The video does a good job of showing his strength in getting up, trying to walk and balance, his propreoception, and the way he over compensates on his front by twisting his front limbs out. What you see in this video is him being out for a couple minutes. He can sustain the level in the video for about 10 minutes before he really just gets too weak to continue. He's got a long way to go but I have no doubts he'll get there. They say about 6 months out is typically what you'll end up with, and at 3 months now and 4 more therapy sessions I think he's got a great shot. Enjoy the video. I'm proud of him.

View My Video

Back