• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***Wofford29's Sale***Updated Today*Bruce Lees & Waynes, HT T-800*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ***Help Kodiak Walk Again***

Good to hear the vet is pleased with Kodiak's progress :duff

Buy this man's stuff :rock :rock :rock

Just sent over a donation. :duff

If I manage to get some spare cash in the next few weeks and the Viggo head is still up for sale I'll buy it. :)

A little donation sent, hope it helps! and please go with treadmill with him in water, it's the best exercise for dogs, talking with personal experience!

Ragnar

PM me your paypal address...i cant just sit here and let someone's best friend suffer. I had a basenji who was healthy as an ox till he was 13 years old, went blind and contracted fanconi disease, which is specific to his breed.

His limbs started getting weak and eventually he couldnt walk anymore. A month later, he passed in his sleep..i wish i was in the position i am in now back then, as i would have done everything i could to keep him going. It pains me to see any dog suffer. I will help you out in anything i can.

Spectramr2; check out post seven. His Paypal is listed in the spoiler tag... just click on the tag to see it :duff

A little donation sent, hope it helps! and please go with treadmill with him in water, it's the best exercise for dogs, talking with personal experience!

Ragnar

Thank you so much Ragnar. I'm getting his initial evaluation set up for the hyrdotherapy. Glad to hear praise for it.

Just sent a donation. Hope he gets better soon! Dogs are very tough and ask so little in return. Give him a hug and a cookie from my dog.

Thanks VASith. I'm still blown away by the contribution.

Just a quick little update for everyone. Kodiak will be getting his initial evaluation for hydrotherapy, among other physical therapy treatments tomorrow at 2:30. I'll pop in when I get home and report on the assessment.

Thanks VASith. I'm still blown away by the contribution.

Just a quick little update for everyone. Kodiak will be getting his initial evaluation for hydrotherapy, among other physical therapy treatments tomorrow at 2:30. I'll pop in when I get home and report on the assessment.

Please let us know the cost....i will make another contribution on my next payday...i wanna see Kodiak walk again!

You're too kind man, but it really isn't necessary. The donation you already made was more than enough. Feel free to spread the word to anyone else that might want to buy something though.

Update #2

Just got back from the initial evaluation and the therapist was very encouraged with what she was seeing with the neurological exam and the other physical examinings. We actually ran him in the treadmill underwater for a bit and with the water taking his weight off the back he was trying his best to move both back legs.

I signed him up every Friday at 1:30 for the therapy plus the additional exercises and treatment we have to do at home. So look for updates on Friday evenings for the next 6 weeks. Depending on where he's at by that time I may add on an additional 6 weeks. Overall I'm happy, Kodiak is in good spirits and the real work started today so the ball is rollin'. We just need to get Kodiak rollin' with it :D

Happy to hear the good news!!! Give him a Frosty Paw and tell him to keep up the good work!!!

Glad to hear things are going good so far. I know my dog would freak out if I put him on a treadmill, let alone a water treadmill :lol

Man thats good news :yess:

My dog is sitting beside me right now as i type this and he said to say '' you can do it Kodiak''

Back