Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent an e-mail to Sideshow just to see what my chances might be of getting a second replacement. Got this back.

"Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that your replacement arrived damaged. Due to the lighting in the photo you have provided it is hard to depict the area where there is now a gap."

DSC02310_zps72318d7c.jpg

Honestly, is it? Because to me it's pretty clear where the crack is, but I also know where to look.

I don't see it either.
Since there are a lot of folds in the robe of the wraith, it is hard to see ...

I saw your pics and I realized that I have a crack like this under the arm holding the sword. I don't think it's a flaw, it seems that a piece of the cloth have been glued there in the process of making that statue.

But it's really hard to tell that it's there with the robe floating in the wind.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's an attached piece too. On the first statue the problem was that it wasn't attached flush against the main body so you could really see it was a separate piece. It's attached well on the replacement--and fair enough that when you aren't looking for it it's hard to see in the picture--but that dark circular shape is actually a pretty deep hole, like there was an air bubble or something. Idek

Also quick question.

Is it customary for replacements to have the numbering as " / " with no numbers?

Usually numbered pieces have numbers.

Well my original base was 157/X but the replacement base is just blank. I guess I'll just get a silver pen and write the numbers myself.

I just submitted a request for a replacement, which I don't expect but at least a partial refund.

I have this statue coming in today or tomorrow along with gimli and legolas. These pictures got me even more pumped up. Thanks!

"Dear Mel,

Thank you for the photos you have provided. To better help assist you I have personally inspected the Ringwraith Figure we have on display in our office. I am happy to confirm your piece looks exactly the way it should as Ringwraith’s cloak has multiple pieces that are placed together. The areas you are pointing out are simply the seams of where the cloak was assembled.

If you are unhappy with your item I may assist you with a full refund.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,"

Well here we go.
I'm glad she's "happy" to report that the one in their office looks the same but it doesn't make me feel any better. Not even a partial refund?

Lame cop-out or genuine?

Back