Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have found a The Lord of the Rings Collectibles Ringwraith Statue - Sideshow Exclusive Edition for you! Your wait list reservation #WBxxxxxx for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-xx-xx. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

:mexwave

He's so happy he's going to a good home...can't you see the big smile on his face...gratz

Last edited:
We have found a The Lord of the Rings Collectibles Ringwraith Statue - Sideshow Exclusive Edition for you! Your wait list reservation #WBxxxxxx for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-xx-xx. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

:mexwave

Congrats on the conversion, it's an awesome piece! :duff

I just picked my wait-list conversion up today. It's very nice and well done. No problems with it. The seams under the left arm where the flowing robes meet the body are kind of annoying but it's part of the construction not a flaw and it doesn't take away from the statue itself. This is my first maquette (I don't include the Snow Troll).

As nice as this maquette is, I have discovered something that I already knew but wasn't confirmed until now. I definitely prefer the Premium Format to the maquettes. Overall they are just more impressive to me.

The other thing I have confirmed which I think I knew was that as nice as the original SSW stuff was/is, this maquette is more impressive.

The other thing I have confirmed which I think I knew was that as nice as the original SSW stuff was/is, this maquette is more impressive.

Your are very brave Fritz :wave...making a statement like that.

My advice is to duck and run away as fast as you can. :lol

I myself will wimp out and make no comment on the subject. :monkey3 :lol

:duff
Bill

Your are very brave Fritz :wave...making a statement like that.

My advice is to duck and run away as fast as you can. :lol

I myself will wimp out and make no comment on the subject. :monkey3 :lol

:duff
Bill

:lol It's ok, I still like all of them, I just like some things more that others. And it's only natural, it's been 10 years, the process has to improve. The one thing SSW has is the sentimental component being as Weta was involved.

:lol It's ok, I still like all of them, I just like some things more that others. And it's only natural, it's been 10 years, the process has to improve. The one thing SSW has is the sentimental component being as Weta was involved.

:exactly: :clap

I can appreciate the fact that since Weta did all the work for the films, they know the source material (In regards to charactre designs/weapons, etc.) better than Sideshow...but it doesn't necessarily mean that Weta sculptors are better than Sideshow's.

Got ya. Sad day to quit collecting.

Yeah, especially with The Hobbit stuff starting to roll out. I just haven't been into collecting as much the last year or so like I was in the past. I'll still be on the board and Twitter, but will try to keep my collectible spending down quite a bit.

It's getting hard to sell stuff here anyway unless it's a Hot Toys figure. :lol

It has more to do with things just improving. The Hobbit statues so far are more detailed and improved upon from the Lord of the Rings statues. Its just natural that these companies will improve over time.

Yeah, especially with The Hobbit stuff starting to roll out. I just haven't been into collecting as much the last year or so like I was in the past. I'll still be on the board and Twitter, but will try to keep my collectible spending down quite a bit.

It's getting hard to sell stuff here anyway unless it's a Hot Toys figure. :lol

I got ya. I understand as sometimes people just know when its time for them. The Hobbit stuff coming and Lord of the Rings stuff still coming has the fire burning strong in me again. Glad you will still be around as you're one of the last from 03.

:exactly: :clap

I can appreciate the fact that since Weta did all the work for the films, they know the source material (In regards to charactre designs/weapons, etc.) better than Sideshow...but it doesn't necessarily mean that Weta sculptors are better than Sideshow's.

I know I jokingly bust FrodoEye's balls all the time about Weta stuff being designed better because they worked on the films and have reference to the source material but this day and age any quality place has access to source material. To me the sentimentality is just based on the fact that Weta was involved because they are Weta.

Hey, i'm not the only one who makes the Weta - middle-earth link! And i don't think it's a bad thing - it's not necessarily the source material, but the sculptors themselves who may have done a design maquette themselves for a creature for the actual movie then that same sculptor doing the collectible of that creature for us to own, and i think that's proven by the fact you'd be very hard pressed to think of a bad CREATURE sculpt from the SSW line. You may not *like* the sculpt, as in the newborn uruk-hai isn't everyones cup of tea, but you can't really deny it's a good sculpt in itself.

There. Do i sound ranty-Weta-obsessed enough? :lol

I got ya. I understand as sometimes people just know when its time for them. The Hobbit stuff coming and Lord of the Rings stuff still coming has the fire burning strong in me again. Glad you will still be around as you're one of the last from 03.

I'm like the annoying uncle that won't go away. :lol

I also ordered a reg, this thing is just too cool to pass on, and of course i like lord of the rings :)

Back