Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another email stating my final flex pay went thru. I really thought I was done paying for this guy. No wonder why I never heard anything about it shipping. Well hopefully he'll be with me soon.

Replacement just arrived today! After a careful inspection everything looks good except it's once again chipped in the same place. :slap

DSC02310_zps72318d7c.jpg

But this one at least is easier to cover. It pretty much gets lost in the shadow of his sleeve unless I'm shining a light on it like in the picture.

So many broken Sideshow statues :(

Why do they even pretend they have a quality control department?

Yeah that really sucks...now I have 2 statues to worry about. This one and the predator 1/5 statue is getting mixed reviews as far as QC issues as well.

I wouldn't worry. You've had a couple here but many including myself have gotten theirs just fine.

I am sorry the multitude of problems I'm reading about the quality control of this statue.

It's a shame because the sculptor's work is outstanding, I hope Sideshow take adequate measures for these failures.

I have some photos of my room after receiving the replacement arm.

20tf7kl.jpg

2s9d8r9.jpg

1zqvel4.jpg

9qlpg1.jpg

"Item: 2001991 Ringwraith Statue - EXCLUSIVE

Your replacement order will be leaving our warehouse shortly. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your order to be inspected, packaged, and shipped."

I got this on the 14th.
Assuming they mean it could take 10 days to ship I'll wait until tomorrow and give them a call if I don't get a notice by then.

I'm really crossing fingers it's in good condition because at this point they don't seem to have anymore replacements so this would probably be it.

Got mine, such a nice piece. Looks great next to the weta bust.

So my replacement arrived today and...........

dsc1977x.jpg

dsc1979f.jpg

Am I just ****ing unlucky or is this normal??
I mean it's a replacement that they most likely hand checked and it has the QA seal on it so WTF? It's not like it broke during shipping.

Anyone else get this?

I think it's bad luck. As with anything there are going to be issues but most are showing up just fine. Crap luck for you twice.

Drak, I think they all have those seams to some extent. Mine has them but aren't that noticeable, so I wasn't too concerned. I can't really judge how bad yours actually is in pics (if it's overly magnified or not).
Hope that this sort of helps...

I think it's bad luck. As with anything there are going to be issues but most are showing up just fine. Crap luck for you twice.

I'm going to call them but since they are out of replacement bodies I'm not holding my breath. They better offer me a nice refund because this is just not right.

Drak, I think they all have those seams to some extent. Mine has them but aren't that noticeable, so I wasn't too concerned. I can't really judge how bad yours actually is in pics (if it's overly magnified or not).
Hope that this sort of helps...

Really?
If it's a general issue I'm not going to go through another replacement hassle. I'm going to try taking better pics of it so you can get a better idea.

Back