WISH LIST - Hot Toys - DX - Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a 1/6 Hot Toys Mr. Freeze?

• YES, DO WANT

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Hell no . . .

Votes: 96 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And yet most don't. :dunno

No, it's pretty evenly split, if not, more people wanting it than not. The poll was closed before a lot of the people who are for it (including myself) got to vote.

There was also no element of screwing around in my post.

What??? :confused:

Seriously, though, that movie is an abomination of cinema.

Yes, and so was Batman Returns and all the other Batman movies pre-Batman Begins. But that doesn't mean that a figure couldn't be made of Mr. Freeze from the film. To deny that Mr. Freeze looked awesome in the film just because the the film was bad would be ignorant.

No, it's pretty evenly split, if not, more people wanting it than not. The poll was closed before a lot of the people who are for it (including myself) got to vote.

What??? :confused:

Yes, and so was Batman Returns and all the other Batman movies pre-Batman Begins. But that doesn't mean that a figure couldn't be made of Mr. Freeze from the film. To deny that Mr. Freeze looked awesome in the film just because the the film was bad would be ignorant.

To even compare Batman Returns and especially Batman '89 to Batman and Robin is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. You're lumping in a movie that's regarded by most as worse than waterworld, and one of the worst big budget movies ever made, made by a man who almost killed the franchise because this whole movie was a joke to him and because almost no one liked this movie, with two Burton classics which are generally serious and still fan favorites despite not being Batman Begins or the Dark Knight derpity derp.
And while you and a few other people on the planet think Freeze looks awesome, that doesn't make it so. His costume in that movie had a bunch of silly and pointless blue lights all over it (including his mouth for some ____ing reason) and a bubble that wouldn't cover Arnold's face, because we can't have that can we? It's Arnold. Or maybe Schumacher thought all of his dumbass puns would be less expressive or fog up a more traditional helmet. It's the 1997est suit to ever show up in film, and that's not a good thing. And without the suit, we just have a silver Arnold...and those damn polar bear slippers? come on. I'd wear them, but they don't look awesome on a goofy villain in a goofy movie. Face it: Arnold's Freeze was silly and he looked silly. The movie itself being one of the biggest piles of dog ____ to come out of Hollywood doesn't necessarily make that so, but Schumacher's "vision," an homage to the '60s TV show (because who gives a ____ about comic books?) basically does.
As for your "even split." Make a new poll and let's see what happens. I promise you you that more than 60 people who didn't get to vote haven't come in to defend this thing since voting closed, while everybody else who's been saying what a bad idea it has already voted. But again...Open up a new poll and let's see this even split. Please.

To deny that Mr. Freeze looked awesome in the film just because the the film was bad would be ignorant.

I wouldn't bother anymore Nyggy, it is strange but clear that some people seem totally incapable of seperating their dislike for the actual movie from the fact that a figure from said movie would look quite good.

I mean, it's not difficult is it?

Hate the film? Yep, youbetcha!
Appreciate some of the artisitc design from it? Yes, why not?

I still submitt that I would really like a 1/6th scale, original style, ROBIN from BMF and the NIGHTWING style ROBIN from B&R as well as Mr. Freeze. Blue lights? Bring them on!

To me, Tim Burton is a child who has been ruining movies for years. Planet of the Apes? Batman? Both Victims of Burton. But yes, Even though this ended Arnie's career and I dont blame that it did, skme 1/6 treatment would probably look pretty good.

P.S. It's christmas! :p

You crossed a line there, Eddie. Nobody disses Batman 89'!

I believe I just did. :dunno

-cue the sentimental fans-

To even compare Batman Returns and especially Batman '89 to Batman and Robin is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. You're lumping in a movie that's regarded by most as worse than waterworld, and one of the worst big budget movies ever made, made by a man who almost killed the franchise because this whole movie was a joke to him and because almost no one liked this movie, with two Burton classics which are generally serious and still fan favorites despite not being Batman Begins or the Dark Knight derpity derp.

Not really. They were all bad, just in different ways. Each had good elements, but just not enough. And in Batman & Robin's case, Mr. Freeze was really one of the only good elements, and that's just sad.

Batman '89 featured a poor batsuit, a miscast Batman and Joker, and messed with some important Batman mythology, WHICH IS NOT OKAY.

Batman Returns featured a miscast Batman again, a terrible, disgusting, and overly dark main villain, too gothic of themes, Christopher Walken's ridiculous character, a weird setting, etc.

Batman Forever featured an annoying take on Edward Nygma before he became the Riddler, and when he was the Riddler, his neon hair was BS. It also featured too much laughing from Two-Face and a questionable plot device.

Now, I think I used a poor choice of words in my last post. Forever and Batman '89 are at least tolerable to watch and can even be quite enjoyable at times.

Batman Forever especially, and Batman '89, are above Batman Returns and Batman & Robin by a long shot. A LONG SHOT. But Batman Returns and Batman & Robin are in the same boat of bad, just in different ways. Each (to me) had a saving grace that keeps them from being movies that will be forgotten about. Catwoman and Mr. Freeze.

And while you and a few other people on the planet think Freeze looks awesome,

I see what you did there. Generalizing again. Ignorant. :wink1:

that doesn't make it so. His costume in that movie had a bunch of silly and pointless blue lights all over it (including his mouth for some ____ing reason) and a bubble that wouldn't cover Arnold's face, because we can't have that can we? It's Arnold. Or maybe Schumacher thought all of his dumbass puns would be less expressive or fog up a more traditional helmet. It's the 1997est suit to ever show up in film, and that's not a good thing. And without the suit, we just have a silver Arnold...and those damn polar bear slippers? come on. I'd wear them, but they don't look awesome on a goofy villain in a goofy movie. Face it: Arnold's Freeze was silly and he looked silly. The movie itself being one of the biggest piles of dog ____ to come out of Hollywood doesn't necessarily make that so, but Schumacher's "vision," an homage to the '60s TV show (because who gives a ____ about comic books?) basically does.
As for your "even split." Make a new poll and let's see what happens. I promise you you that more than 60 people who didn't get to vote haven't come in to defend this thing since voting closed, while everybody else who's been saying what a bad idea it has already voted. But again...Open up a new poll and let's see this even split. Please.

His suit was not silly. If it was so silly, then why did it seem to serve as a major inspiration for Mr. Freeze's suit in Batman Arkham City? Even with the inspiration in Arkham City, the Schumacher suit still looks better. The skinny and ridiculous arms coupled with the ridiculous fish tank head on that suit were just awful. I'll take the sans-goggles (Arnold did have them in one or two scenes though) half dome any day.

And as for the poll. Yeah, right. You can go ahead and make a new thread, it will probably get closed within the same day. And actually, there's been a good number of non-voters who have defended/supported the idea of this being made into a figure so...:dunno

But yeah, it's pretty evenly split as I said. The poll was just closed before everyone got to vote and not everyone has seen this thread.

And honestly, there are worse movies to come out of Hollywood. I mean, this movie really is bad, but there is MUCH worse.

I wouldn't bother anymore Nyggy, it is strange but clear that some people seem totally incapable of seperating their dislike for the actual movie from the fact that a figure from said movie would look quite good.

I mean, it's not difficult is it?

Hate the film? Yep, youbetcha!
Appreciate some of the artisitc design from it? Yes, why not?

I still submitt that I would really like a 1/6th scale, original style, ROBIN from BMF and the NIGHTWING style ROBIN from B&R as well as Mr. Freeze. Blue lights? Bring them on!

I agree with everything except a Robin from Batman & Robin. Everything else though, sound logic. Sound, my fellow boardie.

I want these slippers.

Mr_Freeze_%28Arnold_Schwarzenegger%29_2.gif

I agree with everything except a Robin from Batman & Robin......

Well that is based soley on the fact that it is obviously a step in the "NIGHTWING" direction, and a decent figure of that ROBIN would not be a bad thing.

It's all part of the plan you see...if you take the cape off and can hide the attachment points, then thrown in a pair of Do-It-Yourself fighting battons and it could be a really good figure.

His suit was not silly. If it was so silly, then why did it seem to serve as a major inspiration for Mr. Freeze's suit in Batman Arkham City? Even with the inspiration in Arkham City, the Schumacher suit still looks better. The skinny and ridiculous arms coupled with the ridiculous fish tank head on that suit were just awful.

For starters, I'd like to address the Mr.Freeze issue...with a big ol' WTF!?!

How do you get this:

081611_arkham_city_mr_freeze_t.jpg

From this:

freeze.jpg

I'm looking at it and I see few if any influences from the B&R suit. If anything, it seems to be an amalgamation of the TAS suit and the The Batman suit. Henceforth, you sir are certifiable.:lecture

Batman '89 featured a poor batsuit, a miscast Batman and Joker, and messed with some important Batman mythology, WHICH IS NOT OKAY.

As for this, miscast? How? Especially Jack Nicholson, not only was he one of the most profitable and critically acclaimed actors of that time, but you're telling me that this guy

The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson.jpg

was miscast? As for Keaton, I disagree again. Keaton was able to portray Wayne perfectly, charming, yet looney tunes, and as Batman, this was a guy who could ____ you up, not only because he's Batman, but also due to the fact that he's nuts.

Also, the Batsuit was awesome, and, other than the black color scheme, it was probably one of the most comic accurate Batsuits of any of the films. I do partially agree about the backstory change, but the general public (I.e.the money makers) don't give a ____. You aren't just certifiable, but a danger to yourself, but to others.:lecture

It's kind of amazing when somebody wants something to be true so badly, he starts to believe it. Anyway, I'm still laughing at the "even split" thing.

I'd buy a Vincent Price 'Egg Head', or that overweight guy who played 'King Tutt' on the old TV show.. before I even contemplated acknowledging Arnold stooped this low at one point in his career. :monkey4 :lol

As far as film goes, Keaton & Jack will ALWAYS be THE Batman & Joker to me.

Ug. Terrible thread, terrible idea, terrible movie, terrible design, terrible casting, and terrible interpretation of a great villain. Note to Schumacher: if you wanted to cast Ahnold, make him BANE, not Mr. Freeze - and take the characters at least a little seriously. Nothing about an Ahnold/Freeze figure would be good. Nothing.

For starters, I'd like to address the Mr.Freeze issue...with a big ol' WTF!?!

How do you get this:

081611_arkham_city_mr_freeze_t.jpg

From this:

freeze.jpg

I'm looking at it and I see few if any influences from the B&R suit. If anything, it seems to be an amalgamation of the TAS suit and the The Batman suit. Henceforth, you sir are certifiable.:lecture

Well, I don't know why you can't see it. But you did upload a bad photo of Arkham Freeze, so I decided to help you out.

ArkhamCityFreeze.jpg

This photo shows off how both Freezes have bulky metal armor, and a mesh undersuit. It also clearly shows off that both have the distinct glow.

ArkhamCityFreeze2.jpg

Another shot to show of the similarities in the glow and upper armor (aside from the helmet).

ArkhamCityFreeze3.jpg

This one shows off the shin and knee similarities.

Another similarity that I didn't picture is that Arnold's Freeze had tubes on the back, and the Arkham Freeze utilized the tubes on the front as well as the back

I don't know how you think Arkham Freeze looks like The one from BTAS :dunno

As for this, miscast? How? Especially Jack Nicholson, not only was he one of the most profitable and critically acclaimed actors of that time, but you're telling me that this guy

The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson.jpg

was miscast?

Yes, he was. He was a plump, middle-aged Joker. On top of that, he essentially just played himself with make-up on and laughed a lot. More is required of the character. I'm not the only one thinks this outside the bubble of this board. In fact, I formed my thoughts after listening to what someone else had to say and added to it.

As for Keaton, I disagree again. Keaton was able to portray Wayne perfectly, charming, yet looney tunes, and as Batman, this was a guy who could ____ you up, not only because he's Batman, but also due to the fact that he's nuts.

Bruce Wayne was actually his biggest flaw in his performance, and where he is most criticized by people. He did not deliver well in that area at all. He did not give us the image of a billionaire playboy and a suave man. He gave us the image of a weirdo, and the scene where he said "You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!" was completely out of character. He is probably the second worst Bruce Wayne, with Adam being worse. He was not bad as Batman though.

Also, the Batsuit was awesome, and, other than the black color scheme, it was probably one of the most comic accurate Batsuits of any of the films. I do partially agree about the backstory change, but the general public (I.e.the money makers) don't give a ____. You aren't just certifiable, but a danger to yourself, but to others.:lecture

It being awesome is just your opinion. I'm sorry. One can easily tell that the costume is cheap. And as far as functionality, the Bat insignia being part of the cape is one of the stupidest ideas I have seen on a Bat suit. Whenever he took the mask off the symbol was gone, and then the cape draped over the shoulders almost all the time in a silly way, and when it wasn't it was folded over. The utility belt is designed in such a way in that it would not be able to even function/hold anything. The armor sections are made out of a questionable material, and only cover certain portions of the body. I will give it this though. The cowl was cool, and the utilization of all black was a smart move.

Partially agree....you should fully agree about the story change. That's important stuff. I'm really glad we have Batman Begins...

I'm not a danger to myself lol. Just to the sentimental fans. :lecture

It's kind of amazing when somebody wants something to be true so badly, he starts to believe it. Anyway, I'm still laughing at the "even split" thing.

I think you mean "they" start to believe it. Again with that generalizing ;)

It's funny that you think I want it really badly. It's just reality. I'm not in denial, I don't generalize like you, and I'm not ignorant to people who can appreciate concepts even if they come from bad places.

Laugh all you want, it won't change how it is.

As I said before, I see few, if any influences of the Schwarzenegger Freeze. I'll give you the mesh undersuit, but the physique/profile are clearly influenced by TAS. The similarities in glow and upper body are pretty much nonexistant. The glow would be more aptly described as being influenced by "The Batman's" Freeze, as he featured that faint, blue glow vs. Arnold's walking strobe light. As for the upper body, again, I see nothing resembling Arnold's suit. Even when I get past the chromed out, glow-stick elements of Arnold's suit, I see no resemblences whatsoever, even in the mesh undersuit, they aren't even close, Arnold's is an aluminum foil accordion looking deal, while AC's is a form fitting, dare I say spandex material. BTW Thanks for the better pics, it really helped me to accurately determine how much the suits both don't have in common. :hi5:

in terms of figures i'd go for the same as before... Sucker Punch > Terminator 3 > Batman Forever > Batman and Robin

Sucker Punch has the five main girls all with unique outfits and weapons.
T3 figures would include Arnie and TX, maybe a HK, before they do Connor or Brewster.
Forever would feature Riddler, Batman and Two-face, i'd probably get Riddler.
Then Finally B&R, I wouldn't get any but Freeze and Robin would be the only that'd peak interest in seeing how HT handle them.

I'd probably only get Robin because his outfit resembles Nightwing.

Edward - your point about Keaton not being a perfect Wayne has some merit. He wasn't the stereotypical vision of what Wayne is known in the comics to be - however, Keaton's quirks are what gave his portrayal it's own flavour - & I love that aspect.

As for the rest of your points.. are they not your opinions also - regardless of the percentage of folks that agree with you?

The 89 film broke tremendous ground - you don't seem to appreciate that.. enough. :dunno

Back