WIP: Custom Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Galacticboy, and thanks Grange! :D
Actually, the blue suit is sold by Triad toys. However, I modified the cuffs, leggings and especially the collar. However, I highly recommand it to all those who want to make their own superheroes. Moreover, they come in three colors: Blue, black and red (perfect for a custom Flash!)

Thanks Reinhardt! :D
for the emblem, I scaled, then printed the emblems of the first post on tee-shirt transfer paper, then as the movie emblem is clearly fabric and I wanted to go with that look, I transfered it on a very thin white fabric. The result was glued using fabric glue...

thanks guys!!!
darn! now you know the secret! supes is a post op tranny! No, seriously, I may ad a litthle padding down here! Just waiting for Les' HS to undress him again. The suit is pretty tight and I wouldn't to tear it!

for the emblem, I scaled, then printed the emblems of the first post on tee-shirt transfer paper, then as the movie emblem is clearly fabric and I wanted to go with that look, I transfered it on a very thin white fabric. The result was glued using fabric glue...
Thanks so much for sharing your recipes.

I'm just wondering - how did you prevent the white fabric's edges from fraying? Is it a special kind of fabric? I imagine that cutting an irregular shape like the "S emblem" on some fabrics would result in some unraveling on the edges - if not immediately, perhaps over time.

Thanks again.

Thank you guys! :D

Well, Vader, nothing was necessary to prevent fraying. You see, Transfer paper is a sort of thin, almost plastic like layer. Once on the fabric, it hardens it and somehow prevents it from fraying. When you apply it, leave a small border around it, so that when you cut the logo out, it will be into the hardened, rigid fabric. I wasn't sure it would work when I first thought about that method, and it worked perfectly!

Well, Vader, nothing was necessary to prevent fraying. You see, Transfer paper is a sort of thin, almost plastic like layer. Once on the fabric, it hardens it and somehow prevents it from fraying. When you apply it, leave a small border around it, so that when you cut the logo out, it will be into the hardened, rigid fabric. I wasn't sure it would work when I first thought about that method, and it worked perfectly!
Cool - thanks for sharing that bit of info.

Did you use spandex fabric for the iron on transfer or another kind. Looks really nice and I am thinking of modifying mine with that method if I can figure it out.

No, not spendex...
I've made a habit to keep old clothes that look interesting rather than send them to recycling. You never know what could be useful for customizing. Friends and family know that and offer me their old clothes before discarding them! :D
The fabric I used here came from a very thin, summer cotton shirt that belonged to my cousin. If you want to know what it looked like, I guess it's aout the same fabric Sideshow used on his bond's tuxedo shirts... In fact, I guess that the trick is to select a fabric with a very thin thread. However, something tells ma that spendex could be tricky to work with... cotton seems the best option!

Excuse me, do you have the pattern for the boots (I know my english is terrible)
;)

You'll find how to make the boots in the first post of that thread. It's not exactly a pattern, as you'll have to adapt the method to the body you'll be using, but it should help you. If you can't find/see the pic, let me know and I'll PM it to you.
From a non native English speaker (I'm a French guy!) to another one, your English seems fine to me! :D So where are you from?

Spain, we are neighbours. I studied english during two years but twelve years ago so, sometimes I know my grammar it´s terrible.
What material did you make that boots?
Thanks.

You studied English for two years and twelve years ago????????????? Wow! Congrats! I wish French students were that good! We usually suck at foreign languages!!!!
As for the boots, I used pleather. You'll find that easily in any decent fabric store. For the sole, you can use cardboard, pleather, plastic or anything you can imagine. There, as I wanted the colour to be embedded in the material, I used a red polymer clay (Fimo, again, should be easily found in any craft store, or if you're lucky, maybe you'll find some Sculpey) that I shaped and baked into a sole! :D

Back