WIP: Custom Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
WIP: Custom Superman (new pictures added)

Okay, so bear in mind that this is just a WIP, and that it'll take me time to finish it, but here's the idea so far:
First the "S" shield used in the movie:
supesshield.jpg

Then, the boots, they'll look like this:
DSC00971.jpg

Here's a tutorial on how to make boots like this for those interested. This method works best on figs like HT or G 3.5 where the feet can be removed, as the boot will be permanently attached to the foot. If you don't want to waste a foot, make one with polymer clay (which I did since my fig came from a junk sale without feet or hands!). No need to be creative here, a general shape is enough.

DSC00970.jpg

Now, the "accessories". I sewed the red trunks, made the belt buckle out of polymer clay. In the background, you can see the yellow plastic folder I'll use to make the actual belt.
DSC00975.jpg

Now, here's the blue suit I'm gonna use. It's from Triad and is still a pre-order
1433.jpg

Finally, my own custom head. I'm waiting for Les to recast his Supes' HS and Ada to make one, but in the meantime, I'll be using that one on a HT body
DSC00976.jpg

50-superman-costume-cape-full-emble.jpg

There it is for the moment, but I'll come back to this thread as soon as something new is added.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these - especially the how-to for the boots. I was actually browsing Triad's web site yesterday (looking for the Enforcer costume) when I saw those blue tights and thought it would make a good Superman costume base. And here you are already several steps ahead of everyone else.

Great work man! Gotta say, making these suits was a smart move for Triad, stuff like this is impossible to find :rock

Hi, and thanks everyone for the comments!
I will probably update the pics pretty soon as I got my blue suit from Triad yesterday. I tried it on my HT and recommand it to anyone who wants to make a custom Supes. It's great lycra and looks really outstanding. I had to redo the trunks as they didn't look tight emough compared to the suit. I hope to work on the cape this WE.
Thanks for the link Batman5. I had seen it already and am still unsure. I have an idea for it, but if it doesn't work, I'll definitely get one! Galacticboy, I think they do the insigna both sizes...

Here is an idea of how big the insignia is on the HT body.
These are some pretty bad pics but this is my Superman kitbash of what the Superman Returns costume should have looked like in my mind. All it is is the SR suit and boots with new trunks, cape, belt and insignia.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

You're doing a great job so far. That head was cool because it looked just like Christopher Reeve, nice! The "instructions" on how to make Superman Boots was kinda cool too...GOOD JOB!

I noticed you posted the logo for his chest on the first page. Do you have a copy of the yellow logo for the back of his cape? I have been unable to find one that uses the Chris Reeve S instead of the comic book S. If you have a copy of one, that would be great!

Batman 5, I love your custom Superman, and those insignias are definitely something to keep in mind!
Thanks Tomboyz! I tried to make him look like Reeve, but when I compare the pics with photos of Reeve, I think he looks a bit too old. He's more Superman 4 than Superman 1! And from the side, I took a big blow when I saw Les' HS, so I'll definitely use his head instead of mine!
For the yellow logo, I haven't one... Yet! But I have accumulated so many pics do do my suit that I'm pretty confident I can isolate and rework one. As soo as it's done, I'll post it!

It's finally finished. Now I'm just waiting for a head by Les to replace my crappy one. For those who want to do their own, I've added a scan of the yellow emblem in the first post. Now, here are the pictures...
DSC00994.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

Wow great figure! I like the head sculpt! I would not change it. I like the way you highlighted the hands nice touch.

Wow. He came out great! This head looks good but once you get Les' sculpt this fig will look that much better. Great work man!
-Ryan

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! If everything goes according to plans, in the next few months, I'll post a 12" General Zod in that same section... unless I decide to create a thread to post all my stuff. There are so many waiting in my window display that a general thread would probably be better...

Back