Windows 10 Upgrade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost my wireless N on my gaming rig with the latest update, b/g works just fine. When N is enabled the computer halts and reboots when it gets a connection. I had to run a cat6 cable from my router to the computer so id get all my bandwidth. This is after hours of trying to fix drivers and test settings to get N back, eventually i gave up and just ran the wire. Im so annoyed, happened to me a week or so ago.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think this thread should be in the horror section - we are talking about Windows 10 after all. [emoji38]
[emoji23] Too true!
My biggest gripes with windows 10 are the Edge browser not being compatible with anything, the lack of choice over updates and the metro interface. Been trying to learn Linux/Ubuntu as an alternative but it's a steep learning curve.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[emoji23] Too true!
My biggest gripes with windows 10 are the Edge browser not being compatible with anything, the lack of choice over updates and the metro interface. Been trying to learn Linux/Ubuntu as an alternative but it's a steep learning curve.

The funny thing here is that Windows updates have almost always given you no choice. I had to reset all kinds of settings on my PC until it finally let me chose when to update. But of course, I'm using Windows 7 so that doesn't matter now. :lol

The funny thing here is that Windows updates have almost always given you no choice. I had to reset all kinds of settings on my PC until it finally let me chose when to update. But of course, I'm using Windows 7 so that doesn't matter now. [emoji38]
Ah good ol 7... and XP, and 2000, and 95 [emoji1] Yeah I guess you can switch off all automatic updates and then select which ones Windows recommends you install if you set it to check? I think 10 only let's you delay updates from installing for up to 6 months or so without windows enterprise options.

Ah good ol 7... and XP, and 2000, and 95 [emoji1] Yeah I guess you can switch off all automatic updates and then select which ones Windows recommends you install if you set it to check? I think 10 only let's you delay updates from installing for up to 6 months or so without windows enterprise options.

I'm not really sure about update settings TBH. All I know is that you were able to turn off automatic updates in W7. But yeah, I love W7 and think it's perfect after seeing the horror that is W10. :lol

Haha yeah, not sure why I went for upgrading to 10. Think I saw the word 'free' flashing up for a year and clicked it.

That article's opening paragraph reads:

Windows 10 keeps getting better - the Creators Update includes new innovations, features and security capabilities. To ensure the best experience the update rolls out via auto-updates when your PC is ready. Or if you want to get the update now, download the Update Assistant.

What they really meant:

Windows 10 keeps getting better for Microsoft Corp. - the Creators Update includes new innovations, features and less security capabilities. To ensure the worst experience the update rolls out via auto-updates when your PC is ready, leaving you no choice. Or if you want to get it over with quicker, download the Update Assistant.

That article's opening paragraph reads:

Windows 10 keeps getting better - the Creators Update includes new innovations, features and security capabilities. To ensure the best experience the update rolls out via auto-updates when your PC is ready. Or if you want to get the update now, download the Update Assistant.

What they really meant:

Windows 10 keeps getting better for Microsoft Corp. - the Creators Update includes new innovations, features and less security capabilities. To ensure the worst experience the update rolls out via auto-updates when your PC is ready, leaving you no choice. Or if you want to get it over with quicker, download the Update Assistant.

This is surprisingly accurate.

Back