Will you buy Hot Toys 1/4 Kylo Ren?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy Hot Toys 1/4 Kylo?

• Total voters
1:4 scale is for statues.

I agree! 1:4 scale figures always look like what they are... a large scale 1:6 figure. I'll admit that the details can look nice when compared to the same character in 1:6 scale but from what I've seen so far, the quality just isn't there yet when compared to a 1:4 statue. Maybe it's the way they construct the cloth to maintain poseability, but it doesn't work on a 1:4 scale.

Kylo was weakest Sith ever. Couldn't beat a storm trooper who didn't know what a light saber was. Kylo is a big baby with daddy issues. Although we know he will become a "good guy" later on. Who cares, he sucks just like the movie. PASS

I agree! 1:4 scale figures always look like what they are... a large scale 1:6 figure. I'll admit that the details can look nice when compared to the same character in 1:6 scale but from what I've seen so far, the quality just isn't there yet when compared to a 1:4 statue. Maybe it's the way they construct the cloth to maintain poseability, but it doesn't work on a 1:4 scale.

For me, I just can't seem to pose the 1:4 scale figures to make them look like "a guy in a suit"... I'm not great at the 1:6 posing either, but in the 1:4 scale, next to my statues, the HT Boba Fett sort of sticks out. I've seen others who can pull it off, but so far me, not so much...

I think with Kylo I'm sticking with the PF. Think it looks great and along with the 1/6 scale that will give me plenty of Kylo at this time.

Um yes please and THANK YOU HT! Love Kylo Ren as a character and love his masked look. The melted Vader helmet will be one of the best accessories HT has ever released and setting it up with the KR figure will look epic.

I used to collect only 1/6 but after getting my first 1/4 scale figure, the extra detail and presence of this scale of figures simply dominates over 1/6 in my opinion. Just made 1/6 figures look kind of weak. Have since sold off my 1/6 and now only collect 1/4. Biggest problem with this scale is the lack of variety so finally getting the ST Vader and KR is good news to me. All the 1/6 lovers will totally disagree I'm sure but that's my opinion only so take it for what you paid for it.

Um yes please and THANK YOU HT! Love Kylo Ren as a character and love his masked look. The melted Vader helmet will be one of the best accessories HT has ever released and setting it up with the KR figure will look epic.

I used to collect only 1/6 but after getting my first 1/4 scale figure, the extra detail and presence of this scale of figures simply dominates over 1/6 in my opinion. Just made 1/6 figures look kind of weak. Have since sold off my 1/6 and now only collect 1/4. Biggest problem with this scale is the lack of variety so finally getting the ST Vader and KR is good news to me. All the 1/6 lovers will totally disagree I'm sure but that's my opinion only so take it for what you paid for it.

:goodpost:.. i agree mostly but as you say 1/4 scale lacks variety at the moment.But my biggest gripe with this SW line is the accuracy of the sculpts..fett and the upcoming stormtrooper are all kinds of wrong! which for me really kills the overall look.. yet they're 1/6 counterparts are a lot more accurate. At the prices HT are charging and the size of this scale these should be pretty much screen accurate...having said that the kylo ren looks exquisite and the best so far..

Not buying this 1/4 figure. The character didn't grow on me. Actually, I don't quite get why HT has choosen Kylo Ren as the second 1/4 figure from the star wars line. Maybe the asian market loves this character. Who knows.

Not buying this 1/4 figure. The character didn't grow on me. Actually, I don't quite get why HT has choosen Kylo Ren as the second 1/4 figure from the star wars line. Maybe the asian market loves this character. Who knows.

He's the 4th Star Wars 1:4 figure; Fett, Vader, OT Stormtrooper, then Kylo.

:goodpost:.. i agree mostly but as you say 1/4 scale lacks variety at the moment.But my biggest gripe with this SW line is the accuracy of the sculpts..fett and the upcoming stormtrooper are all kinds of wrong! which for me really kills the overall look.. yet they're 1/6 counterparts are a lot more accurate. At the prices HT are charging and the size of this scale these should be pretty much screen accurate...having said that the kylo ren looks exquisite and the best so far..

Agreed. I'm sure the accuracy will improve as HT continues to roll out more 1/4 scale stuff. To me the enterbay 1/4 figures are excellent in that department so I'm sure HT can catch up eventually as well.

I'm thinking yes right now. Will go well with the 1/4 Vader Hot Toys is making. And the Ben Solo sculpt looks dead on. Depending on price, it may be as good as bought for me.

Nah I'd prefer a 1/6 scale version. Surely they have to make one eventually right? I mean if you want to recreate the end fight scene from TFA properly you'd need an Episode VII Ren because VIII is going to have a massive scar on his face.

I remember thinking the detail is so good it must be a 1/6th figure I was blown away when I realized it was 1/4. 1/4th is definitely a must for any Kylo fan.

I really like the character and I'm currently hesitating between the PF and this. I want to see more pictures, any ideas when will this go online for pre order?

I think Kylo Ren is an ok character from what we have seen from him so far. Though I feel that apart from his helmet, his visual appeal is mediocre at best. I dont feel that he warrants a 1/4 scale figure and that Howard is just being self indulgent. Kylo is really limited in terms of optional accessories between his light saber and the Vader helmet pedestal , not to mention he possibly will have a new look over the next 2 films. I hope we still get the 1/4 Original Storm Trooper and Ep. III Vader before we see a Pre-Order for a 1/4 Kylo.

So, question is, will you order 1/4 Kylo?

Displeased that the 1/6 didn't come with a portrait head to begin with, but IMO the 1/4 looks fantastic. As a collector - from posts seems like folks like folks theme their collections in different ways but I just get what I like *shrug*. For me the character as depicted is pretty much what one writer said "what Anakin should have been", e.g., for me, young, very powerful, fragmented, and that's what makes Kylo interesting and very dangerous, being so volatile - but IMO comes off as intelligent, as well. *Shrug* I liked all the TFA characters. Kudos to Adam Driver and the director IMO.

So yeah, I'll get Kylo, if funds available. Love his TFA look - it's actually a fairly complex costume with all the pleated folds/layers, and a silhouette hard to pull off unless you are tall/lean like the actor (e.g. like Lee Pace's Thranduil, you have to have the build to pull off some clothes). It sets Kylo off from his grandfather's bulk re the costume, but IMO equally menacing. Wasn't a fan of the "duck" helmet but can see that evolving. Was watching TFA last night and when Kylo first reaches out to the captured Rey - the shot kind of evoked almost a weapon coming toward her, or some alien spider-thing. Probably deliberate on the director's part. Think 1/4 Kylo will make a nice stand-alone piece if nothing else.

But I want Rey and BB-8 too. And Finn if I can afford him. But even tho I usually don't mind mixing stuff up, that would look stupid IMO on my shelf - SW characters as 1/6 and then a KR in 1/4.:horror. So probably have to display in different locations.

HT, why do you do this? Imagine a "deluxe" 1/6 KR might get released that finally has the *&^% portrait - eventually - which is UNCOOL:( if you already bought the 1/4. Not getting the 1/6 KR because I think not having a portrait was lame on HT's part.:gah:

But IMO, for me, the PF is way overpriced for what it is - so it's the HT 1/4....:panic:

Back