1/6 Will you be getting the Hot Toys Bank Robber 2.0 2014 Toys Fair Exlusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be getting the Hot Toys Joker Bank Robber 2.0?

• Yes - Was not collecting when Version 1(V1) was released

Votes: 48 21.6%
  • Yes - And I already have V1 in my collection

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • No - More than happy with V1

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • No - Price is to high!

Votes: 92 41.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.8%

• Total voters
Re: Hot Toys The Joker-Bank Robber Version 2.0 (2014 Toys Fair Exlusive)

Any way to merge this work the main thread? Otherwise every thread could potentially have a poll thread, not that there's anything wrong with polls, but it's annoying to keep going thru 2 threads.

BRB gonna go make a "Poll: Should We Merge the Bank Robber Joker Threads?" thread.

I see, it's a poll thread. Yeah, I'm getting this. I've wanted it for a while. Just never got around to picking up a version 1 as I kinda expected a 2.0 to be released.
In that case, you shouldn't buy this. You should wait for the version 3.0

BRB gonna go make a "Poll: Should We Merge the Bank Robber Joker Threads?" thread.

:rotfl What about a

"Poll: Should We Make a Poll to Merge the Bank Robber Joker Threads?" thread?

:lol

After a while, it's just the same old BS. I'm actually really happy with what I have. I ain't a sucker no mo.

Same here. I was looking at my Bat man collection the other day and I think I'm good. I cut all the fat out and I'm down to 5 figures. Done. Terminator? Down to two. Done. And I've lost my desire to own future Hot Toys figures in general. I can't do the prices anymore. I think ill stick with DID and other WWII releases. You can spend $126 and get two outfits, two sculpts (some times) and loads of accessories that is every bit the quality, if not better, than HT.

Same here. I was looking at my Bat man collection the other day and I think I'm good. I cut all the fat out and I'm down to 5 figures. Done. Terminator? Down to two. Done. And I've lost my desire to own future Hot Toys figures in general. I can't do the prices anymore. I think ill stick with DID and other WWII releases. You can spend $126 and get two outfits, two sculpts (some times) and loads of accessories that is every bit the quality, if not better, than HT.

Pretty much the same here. Though, I'd be up for more HT if they'd get new licenses. I'm done with the Dark Knight trilogy. Not into Iron Man, or the Avengers, or Spider-man. Or Terminator. Or Predator. Don't care much about Marvel in general ... though I am considering one Captain America. Haven't decided which. None of the announcements since MOS have interested me at all. Buncha nothin' these days.

DID has some interesting stuff. I wish I'd've gotten a DID Patton a couple of years back. Their Dillenger looked cool.

SnakeDoc

More than happy with V1. Would rather spend the money on an all new figure, or other things.

Imo, this version is much better than 1.0 but I can understand why people who own the original would pass based on price. My question is why not sell the original figure?? Hypothetically if you sold it for $220 you would only be paying a measly $50 bucks for upgraded sculpt, tailoring etc..you even make a profit on the old one,

Moreover, if this was priced at $205 and you bought it what would you do with the original version?? Would you keep or display both or sell the original anyway?

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't buy this if I had version 1. But since it's one of the two Batman-related Hot Toys figures I missed, it's any easy buy for me. I like the updated accessories, but just wish we got a mask for his to hold.

I certainly wouldn't buy this if I had version 1. But since it's one of the two Batman-related Hot Toys figures I missed, it's any easy buy for me. I like the updated accessories, but just wish we got a mask for his to hold.

Mine will be holdin Grumpy's mask that came with the DX11 ex inside out.

Imo, this version is much better than 1.0 but I can understand why people who own the original would pass based on price. My question is why not sell the original figure?? Hypothetically if you sold it for $220 you would only be paying a measly $50 bucks for upgraded sculpt, tailoring etc..you even make a profit on the old one,

Moreover, if this was priced at $205 and you bought it what would you do with the original version?? Would you keep or display both or sell the original anyway?

All valid questions. I wouldn't sell my V1 because of the removable mask. I currently have him posed his his back to the front of the display holding the mask in his left hand and bag over his right shoulder.

If it was priced between $200 and say $225, I would have two different poses. I would probably use the V2 with the mask head sculpt. Don't really know. but I look at my V1 and am very happy with him and see no need to overpay for an upgraded figure.

Mine will be holdin Grumpy's mask that came with the DX11 ex inside out.

I was actually hoping this release would come with several (if not all) of the goon masks to make it a true 2.0. I might have to buy a mask from the original release just so he has something to hold.

I was actually hoping this release would come with several (if not all) of the goon masks to make it a true 2.0. I might have to buy a mask from the original release just so he has something to hold.

Dont.

Just be patient, theres bound to be a third party or a customizer who'll offer these (if they havent already) eventually.

I gave one last thought to this today and used my rewards on the Mark XLII instead. If only this was $50 cheaper.

Wow.. "No" has gone down to 41% ...unbelievable. By August it will around 30%. Sideshow has people by the B**** and they know it. They can ask as much as they want and people will still give in :ohbfrank:

Wow.. "No" has gone down to 41% ...unbelievable. By August it will around 30%. Sideshow has people by the B**** and they know it. They can ask as much as they want and people will still give in :ohbfrank:

grind+axe+gif.gif

I gave one last thought to this today and used my rewards on the Mark XLII instead. If only this was $50 cheaper.

Id imagine the 42 to last longer than this, since it has been around longer, a regular item and this being an exclusive. Plus, theres that new teaser bout another mark 42 with battery pack.

Imo, this version is much better than 1.0 but I can understand why people who own the original would pass based on price. My question is why not sell the original figure??

Sometimes that can be a mistake if the in-hand new figure doesn't meet expectations or has unanticipated QC issues. Take the Wolverine figure with his stupid moustache, tiny body etc - didn't meet many people's expectations and I sold my Origins figure in anticipation of that POS. Or the Toyfair Begins Batman which ended up falling apart and suffering from suit rubs, problems the MMS67 didn't have.

Unfortunately with Hot Toys you just can't take for granted that newer = better.

Sometimes that can be a mistake if the in-hand new figure doesn't meet expectations or has unanticipated QC issues. Take the Wolverine figure with his stupid moustache, tiny body etc - didn't meet many people's expectations and I sold my Origins figure in anticipation of that POS. Or the Toyfair Begins Batman which ended up falling apart and suffering from suit rubs, problems the MMS67 didn't have.

Unfortunately with Hot Toys you just can't take for granted that newer = better.

Origins Wolverine has that Fu Manchu-inspired mustache goin on if you look closely.

Back