Premium Format Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format Statue

• Total voters
They would put the R and D into another figure after the first did underwhelming sales?

True, they may not be inclined, but I think they have been told enough why it is not selling from fans they can figure out what needs to be done without much R&D. The market is still there, moreso than another lesser known PF they may want to do which would cost at least as much to develop and not have a 1/4 of the sales.

True, they may not be inclined, but I think they have been told enough why it is not selling from fans they can figure out what needs to be done without much R&D. The market is still there, moreso than another lesser known PF they may want to do which would cost at least as much to develop and not have a 1/4 of the sales.

This is who they chose to do Iconic Superhero

Joe Allard (Design)
Haiwei Hou (Design)
Matt Black (Sculpt)
Wan Lee (Paint)

and this is who OK'd it

Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Not Impressed at all, wonder who's brother or son is on this so called team?

Not Cool
Al

This is such an epic fail for most Chris Reeve Superman fans. They should go back to the drawing board and re-do it (like they did after the fan uproar about the awful looking Legendary scale Indiana Jones). Wishful thinking I know but man - it's so disappointing to see how this thing turned out.

the "Robot Chicken" Superman PF
nothing on this piece works...Sideshow would be wise to just scrap it and start over imho

Ordered a while back. I'm hoping Sideshow continues to tweak to improve pose and likeness and/or the reviews at comicon are favorable. That said I think it will work nicely in the collection regardless because it is such an iconic suit and role. But if it doesn't back it will go. Won't be the first time.

Ordered a while back. I'm hoping Sideshow continues to tweak to improve pose and likeness and/or the reviews at comicon are favorable. That said I think it will work nicely in the collection regardless because it is such an iconic suit and role. But if it doesn't back it will go. Won't be the first time.

That accounts for most of the preorders I assume. There can't be anyone who actually likes it as is. If there are SS should be forced to give up the name/address so white coats can come and "help them":lol

This hobby has gotten too expensive for those leaps of faith. Sideshow should put their best effort forward from the beginning.

Definitely... Usually SS final finish product don't look much different than their prototype. The best will be on SDCC, and what we get in hand will not be as good as the one displayed on SDCC usually.

This hobby has gotten too expensive for those leaps of faith. Sideshow should put their best effort forward from the beginning.

Yes those days of Impulse buys are pretty much gone for alot of us Fox :lol:lol:lol

Definitely... Usually SS final finish product don't look much different than their prototype. The best will be on SDCC, and what we get in hand will not be as good as the one displayed on SDCC usually.

When you make that statement many of us remember the Rogue PF Betrayal at the SDCC years back, that like myself make some of us worried, buy this based on these pic's and we will give you this, that's Fraud in my book :gah:

They should do another one for Superman II, Reeve standing at the crystal pedestal holding the green crystal.

Back