Will we see The Hobbit Trading Cards?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this, is NOBODY doing a trading card series for The Hobbit this time around? With 3 years of movies coming fast, you would think Topps (or somebody) would be all over this again -as they went all-out with LOTR.

This would be great to see some premium autograph, costume and sketch cards again.

I've not heard anything and I know topps isn't doing it. I would be interested if they did a set.

I heard rumors of Neca doing something...but those are just rumors

Yea, I would have assumed Topps, since they've been milking Star Wars dry.

No, they're just doing a mini set is all. Nobody is doing a full set like tops did in the past.

Yeah it looks like the product is up in the air at the moment. I would have bet on Topps too. Figured they'd be wanting to do something else major other that SW, WWE or Club Penguin-stuff.

Well I hope someone picks this up.

I've painted sketch cards for Topps LOTR Masterpieces series. The editor at Topps told me recently that Newline/Warners did not want to make a trading card series at the moment. I have no idea why they don't offer that license for trading cards, unless Weta collectibles plans to do some 3-d trading cards or something inhouse like they are doing with all the collectibles these days.

Back