Will they ever? Hot Toys Aliens License: Alien Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which alien queen would you like to see Hot Toys make?

• Total voters
The Alien geek in me says "YES YES YES" to HT doing the ALIENS Queen, but my wallet is saying "NO NO NO."

Yep! With you there! You figure that the HT run around 180 now and if the Queen was made I'd say it would be around $250 -$300. EASY!

But knowing HT they'll make it an Exclusive and have us jump through hoops like they did for the Predator Guardian. Now That would suck!

If they'll make the Aliens queen in 1/6 scale without much rubber on it (in Wolverine \ T800 Arnold joints style) and with correct brown\sea blue\dark gray colors - I will buy 2x! For price 300$. Easily! Bring it tooo meeee!!! :D

It's been so long since they said they were looking into developing the queen that I don't think there's much chance at all for something like that to happen.

First off, while I'd love a good Alien Queen (and it would probably cost at least $250-$300 to get -- which I'd probably pay), it's never going to happen.

For one thing, the size. And for another thing (and this surprisingly hasn't been mentioned yet)... HT isn't that great at making Aliens. Can you imagine a giant two-and-a-half foot figure encased in rubber? There are so many places for quality control errors that even if it does look awesome, the final product would either be extremely brittle or you'd risk having a decomposing heap within a matter of years.

Do I want a 1/6 HT Alien Queen? Only if they do it right. So far, I enjoy their newer Alien offerings, as they have shown a lot of growth. But expecting them to maintain that improved quality on the biggest piece they've ever done is a little scary. Like I said, it'll probably never happen for a variety of reasons.

At this point I don't think it's going to happen. It would just be too cost prohibitive and seeing all the issues the Aliens warriors have had I can see similar problems with the Queen. Even if they could make her we would have seen something by now and if they can make something as enormous as her they would have made Iron Monger by now.

I don't see Hot Toys doing this unless they can develop a product that will certainly last giving all the the rubber and joint issues they've had with the previous Aliens.

The biggest issue is finding a strong, pliable yet durable rubber that can withstand movement, weathering and age. I'm sure something is out there, but could drive costs to be high.

At this point, your best bet for an Alien Queen is a statue.

If they'll make the Aliens queen in 1/6 scale without much rubber on it (in Wolverine \ T800 Arnold joints style) and with correct brown\sea blue\dark gray colors - I will buy 2x! For price 300$. Easily! Bring it tooo meeee!!! :D

First off, while I'd love a good Alien Queen (and it would probably cost at least $250-$300 to get -- which I'd probably pay), it's never going to happen.

For one thing, the size. And for another thing (and this surprisingly hasn't been mentioned yet)... HT isn't that great at making Aliens. Can you imagine a giant two-and-a-half foot figure encased in rubber? There are so many places for quality control errors that even if it does look awesome, the final product would either be extremely brittle or you'd risk having a decomposing heap within a matter of years.

Do I want a 1/6 HT Alien Queen? Only if they do it right. So far, I enjoy their newer Alien offerings, as they have shown a lot of growth. But expecting them to maintain that improved quality on the biggest piece they've ever done is a little scary. Like I said, it'll probably never happen for a variety of reasons.

There's always hope. I realized when starting this thread the chances of this ever happening are zero/never going to happen however, I started it because it's still possible. The world has not come to an end and toy/collectible companies are still in business. Every now and then listening to what the fans want is a good idea for companies; as enough demand for an item will likely result in it's production if the company believes they will profit from it.

Anyone who holds the same desires to see a Queen made simply send Hot Toys an e-mail. Even if you do comment here with only pessimistic outlooks on the thought.

Finally, Hot Toys faulty production in most of their Aliens has been mentioned by a couple people. This is obviously due to their lack of experience in the beginning; their novice approach. On the bright side they've made progress on the alien production front as some of us owners have seen with the AVP aliens and such. This alien queen is possible just not probable.

lol, oops :monkey3.

Well in that case, many people agree. QC would definitely be an issue Hot Toys would need to overcome before giving us a Queen. They have indeed come a long way, but this would be a monumental figure. Not just for HT, but it would be the biggest poseable Alien Queen ever made. Fans would go ape____ and cower in QC fear, all at the same time.

Why I love the queen so much? She's the biggest enemy the Predators know and the most dangerous. This is based off the comics, novels, video games and films, but what else do we have to back up the Predator history? I want my Predators to have a head to hunt and she's the grand prize!!!

Just like I can pick ass over titts, I'm all for PREDATORS over Aliens, but I respect the enemy. She's worth being in the center of the collection surrounded by your clan!

Just imagine posing 11 Preds and their clan leader directing the capture of the Queen; every member hanging on to the end of their chain secured around the Queen's endoskeleton dragging her from her hive!

Last edited:
Why I love the queen so much? She's the biggest enemy the Predators know and the most dangerous. This is based off the comics, novels, video games and films, but what else do we have to back up the Predator history? I want my Predators to have a head to hunt and she's the grand prize!!!

Just like I can pick ass over titts, I'm all for PREDATORS over Aliens, but I respect the enemy. She's worth being in the center of the collection surrounded by your clan!

Just imagine posing 11 Preds and their clan leader directing the capture of the Queen; every member hanging on to the end of their chain secured around her endoskeleton dragging her from her hive!

11 Preds? What am I made of money! :lol

Hey guys I'm reboxing everything right now and wrapping everything in bubble wrap for proper storage and to be ready to ship if anyone decides to buy.

While I was doing this I began posing a couple of the Kenner toys. Thought I'd share. Enjoy.
avptoy5.jpg

avptoy4.jpg

avptoy1.jpg

avptoy3.jpg

avptoy2.jpg

BTW, the HT Power Loader is still the best PW, imho. The new SC in nice one, but it's not possible and pretty small (well... not big enough for me). So HT really SHOULD make the Queen, coz my Loader still have no opponent to fight with. :D I will write on HT e-mail about it. Yap. Let's open another can of spam. :D

BTW, if someone wants to have the AvP1 queen - go and pick up the one from Palisades. It looks so freaking AvP1 for me. :D And I loving his anger post too.

The normal release Kenner Queen was terrible, though. The hive box set version is their best one; great proportions.

I used to be nuts about the Night Recon Predator... huge mandibles. Looks ridiculous now, but he appealed to me back then. Was like the ultimate badass :D.

NightRecon1-HW.jpg

NightReconPredator-Front.jpg

Found a few more loose to pose.

Called this:

AVP Battle

avptoybattle2.jpg

avptoybattle1.jpg

avptoybattle3.jpg

The war has yet to be seen. Too many figures for that. The rest are all boxed up. If I keep the collection the war will be seen.
Okay that's it. I'm done. :Lol.

Back