Will Sold Out Hot Toys/Enterbay/SideShow Figures Ever Go Down In Value (Below MSRP)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Singuy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I am extremely new to collecting, and just came from collecting airsoft guns. That was a terrible idea because the minute you buy an airsoft gun, its value decreases by 10-20%(much like a car). I collected because I love different gun models..and I also didn't want to be on FBI's most wanted list.

So a friend got me into hot toys (suggested I should get a tumbler rerelease because I freaken love the tumbler). I was just going to buy one tumbler for display, but Hot Toys recently put out some AMAZING work. I just had to get myself a Superman/Jack Sparrow/some ironman suits and the list goes on and on.

My question is, will these figures (aside from damage or detoriation due to mishandling) ever go down BELOW MSRP? In your years of experiences with collecting figures, did you ever NOT get what you paid for and lost 20-40%? I am not looking at this as an investment, but I would like to know if they retain their value or not...incase I grow out of collecting, or there's an emergency in the family or what not.

It almost seems that even when there's an announcement of a re-release or a 2.0, the original can STILL be sold for more than MSRP. Even when there's something better that comes out, the original HT still sells for more than MSRP. Is this stuff really better than gold bars?(cause gold do depreciate depending on the market).

:dunno

Last edited:
Thanks for the link but does it answer my question? I am asking about below MSRP NOT about losing their value. A hot toys that used to cost 140, but now can be found for 380 can lose its value if it's not 380 anymore..but is still above MSRP.

The answer to your question is somewhere in that thread I'm sure.

Yes, They will eventually be worthless, once the market for them dissolves. Happens with all collectables.

Most Sideshow figures end up losing value, for Hot Toys figures it all depends on what it is. Like the Iron Man Mark I was unique, whereas there were several versions of the main suit, and the silver version was just a different color scheme.

Wow, so you're saying the "limited" edition Ironman suit from HT in mint condition will more likely be worth 50 dollars in 20 years than 169 dollars in 20 years (if you factor in inflation, 50 dollars is like 10 dollars in 20 years).

That's just depressing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back