Will Hot Toys ever lose their value?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't HT just put serial #s, run #s, tally the figures like EB has in the past. Why they don't just release production #s...

If its so limited.

You don't have to thank me for agreeing with you buddy. Your post made sense to me is all.

This is a fun and very interesting thread, despite the fact that this thread topic seems so simple and general when you first read it. It would be really nice to know what the actual production run of each hot toys figure is. I talked to some toy dealers and asked this question to them. One guy told me they release close to 10,000 per figure. Another dealer said Hot toys releases no more than 4500 of each figure. Who knows, it's anyone's guess.

That sounds about right for the DCD distributed and potentially the Iron Man figures, but I'd honestly be surprised if the rest were even half that.

Why can't HT just put serial #s, run #s, tally the figures like EB has in the past. Why they don't just release production #s...

If its so limited.

I have to agree with you. And, now that I agree with you (at least on this one thing) I can tell you I really like that picture on your Avatar. That is my favorite movie ever!

It'll be funny when this turns out to be an SDCC Ex and is gone in a flash (Gunmetal was gone in like a minute or two). Freaks will be bent they missed the PPO, or waited too long and those who sold the OG MK II will be bent they did, having to buy him back for more than they sold him for. :lol

I don't think the MK II is a SSCC EX because there showing up on eBay all ready but still I know you can't always trust eBay traders but I do doubt it is a SSCC EX. I think the Superman Dx will be ;) ha imagine the uproar.

I don't think the MK II is a SSCC EX because there showing up on eBay all ready but still I know you can't always trust eBay traders but I do doubt it is a SSCC EX. I think the Superman Dx will be ;) ha imagine the uproar.

Nah, it went up for PO today. I'm curious what HT will offer now for SDCC, if anything. Perhaps another Lost Pred? :lol

The original mark 2 is from ironman one with tony stark head sculpt. So this is don chedle from ironman 2 , looks similar but totally different versions and movies.. So I don't think it will drop in value. I just pre-ordered mine. PS can I buy someone's original mark 2 for $300 since the new version is coming out, that's still above retail price.:wave

The original mark 2 is from ironman one with tony stark head sculpt. So this is don chedle from ironman 2 , looks similar but totally different versions and movies.. So I don't think it will drop in value. I just pre-ordered mine. PS can I buy someone's original mark 2 for $300 since the new version is coming out, that's still above retail price.:wave

Check the F/S threads. There're a few I'm sure would meet you at $350. :lol

If you are willing to waite, the price will come down to where you would like it to be. There is always someone who will sell at that price for a number of reasons. Unfortunately the price on the first one will drop and then go back up again. Timing is everything!

Good grief, people were paying $800 for the first MKII? Something that inflated is bound to come down hard some day. If not this new release, it'll be loss of interest in Iron Man or figures. It looks to have nearly halved, but that's still better than double.

As long as idiots continue to pay outrageous prices on the secondary market, Hot Toys will never lose their value.

The key point is that they won't go below MSRP. I'm even willing to bet that the ones that currently sell below now, in 10 years, will be at, if not over, their initial MSRP.

I think some people on this tread are blowing a drop in price WAY out of proportion for Hot toys figures. First off, as mentioned before NO ONE knows what Hot Toys even is. I know only one person that even knows what 1/6 scale collectibles are. As much Mcfarlane / Neca stuff I used to collect and stopped...not more than just a year ago I had no idea what Hot Toys even was. I knew about sideshow but back then they were not huge like they are now.

I was looking predator items up on ebay one day and I happened to just stumble upon Hot Toys figures and were blown away by how awesome they were. I think the reason these figures have gained in value so much over the years is because the new comers like me that want these awesome collectible figures and the only way to get them is to pay inflated prices AKA Elder Predator 2 in my case. $145 figure, now selling for $800+ easy...all day everyday. Yes I know at the moment this is a grail predator piece for hot toys but its a good example.

Really in all honesty I dont see these figures dropping in price anytime soon, if they do it will be by a small to medium margin. As new collectors come into the 1/6th scale scene as I did, they will continue to want some of the older figures that hot toys are no longer making. I know hot toys recently has made some of there re-visit figures but I really dont believe they are going to go crazy and remake every single one of them.

Long as hot toys figures keeps impressing people, as it did me when I first laid eyes on these beauty's....they will retain there value. IMO.

Back