Will Hot Toys ever attempt a Schumacher movie line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for Mr. Riddler for xmas present..should be on the way. . I will also display him with him keaton bats and mime joker.

I think you'll like him. He's a solid figure. I was iffy when I originally ordered him, but in hand he's really nice.

Dude, they're JUST movies. COMIC-BOOK movies, at that... Schumacher is a really talented and cool dude. He comes off as really humble and well-intentioned in interviews and in the commentary tracks on those movies. And he directed ******ing FALLING DOWN. Give him some credit. So he made two crappy Batman movies. Big deal. I'd rather watch BOTH of his movies than sit through the Dark Knight Rises again.

i feel the same way dude. Batman forever is among my favorite comic book movies of all time, and I couldnt bare to go through another viewing of that boring dreck TDKR. one cool fight with bane in the begining.....THATS IT. Batman Forever is like The Force Awakens, takes the best elements of the origina movies, makes it commercial, stunt casting and banking on nostalgia, and while neither film turned out to be a "classic", no denying its fun as hell to watch! batmobile driving up the wall trumps anything nolan did with his tankmobile.

I can only imagine how AWSOME a riddler or panther suit batman would be if HT took the time to make it. The schumacher films are so visually stunning, it would be a crime to not make these at some point.

i feel the same way dude. Batman forever is among my favorite comic book movies of all time, and I couldnt bare to go through another viewing of that boring dreck TDKR. one cool fight with bane in the begining.....THATS IT. Batman Forever is like The Force Awakens, takes the best elements of the origina movies, makes it commercial, stunt casting and banking on nostalgia, and while neither film turned out to be a "classic", no denying its fun as hell to watch! batmobile driving up the wall trumps anything nolan did with his tankmobile.

I can only imagine how AWSOME a riddler or panther suit batman would be if HT took the time to make it. The schumacher films are so visually stunning, it would be a crime to not make these at some point.

Yeah I agree I woudl love an panther suit, nipples and all i don't care it would be awesome to have. I would get the model Kits, but i'm not a huge statue guy.

Horse-Meme.jpg

HAHA I'm glad there are fans of BF out there like me not afraid to show love! its one of those magical childhood movies of mine, i can only liken it to seeing the first star wars and being enthralled by it. Forever like all big budget films is flawed but i dont mind its flaws. I also enjoyed the star wars prequels and honestly i like them far more then the rehash junk of TFA. does that make me mr popular? dont care, I like what i like.

I'm right with you there. For starters the entire Burton/Schumacher anthology is 100% more nostalgic for me than any of Nolan's Batman movies. The only Nolan Batman movie I liked at all was Begins, I didn't care for the Dark Knight, and I thought TDKR was one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. I take quite a lot of hate online for liking Schumacher's movies but I don't care. Something I've noticed is these movies seem to take a lot more hatred online than they do from people I talk to in real life. The same goes for Star Wars. I love it all, and always will. Regardless of what the internet deems as "cool", I like what I like and I don't care what the internet says. I never let it stop me from having fun.

Commercially flop and universally hated. HT simply will never do anything with Schumacher's Bat just because one/two guys liked it. They are still a company, they have a minimum order production so mold cost and any other resource will covered by estimated sale.

Commercially flop and universally hated. HT simply will never do anything with Schumacher's Bat just because one/two guys liked it. They are still a company, they have a minimum order production so mold cost and any other resource will covered by estimated sale.

Commercially flop? Batman Forever was the highest grossing domestic live action movie of 1995. Maybe you should educate yourself before posting on the internet :lol

Commercially flop and universally hated.

False. and False as well.

Your confusing B&R with Forever, which alot of people usually do sadly. they are night and day different. at least in the case of B&R yes, it did flop pretty bad. Forever on the other hand did BIG box office back in the day and successfully revived the series. again, this is what the audience wanted at the time, and yes some of us still like the fun comic book batman that doesnt have to be ultra serious! Forever is alot like the way the marvel movies are today, I honestly dont see a difference. its like the prequels, its become "cool" to bash them for some reason. I think people take these comic movies way too seriously, they need to bring the fun back to batman.

Batman Forever was the complete opposite of a commercial flop. It did absolutely everything that WB was hoping it would do. It made more money in the US that year than every other movie that was released except for Toy Story.

Batman Forever was the complete opposite of a commercial flop. It did absolutely everything that WB was hoping it would do. It made more money in the US that year than every other movie that was released except for Toy Story.
That is correct

Batman forever Budget $110 million
Box office $336.5 million

I'm right with you there. For starters the entire Burton/Schumacher anthology is 100% more nostalgic for me than any of Nolan's Batman movies. The only Nolan Batman movie I liked at all was Begins, I didn't care for the Dark Knight, and I thought TDKR was one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. I take quite a lot of hate online for liking Schumacher's movies but I don't care. Something I've noticed is these movies seem to take a lot more hatred online than they do from people I talk to in real life. The same goes for Star Wars. I love it all, and always will. Regardless of what the internet deems as "cool", I like what I like and I don't care what the internet says. I never let it stop me from having fun.

I find it hard to enjoy Nolan's take of Batman. The character is just too weak. I liked Batman Begins and part of The Dark Knight. Watched Dark Knight Rises in theatre and still can't find the interest in watching the blu ray.I just bought it to collect the steel book.

The Schumacher movies on the other hand were not great. Forever was a fun action flick that the director learn to no take the character too seriously. You can still enjoy the movie for it's action scenes and I do think the sonar suit was pretty cool.
Batman & Robin, regardless of it's flaw does put some thought in Batman and Alfred's relationship which I find very well written. So far, none of the incarnations of Batman including comics had any success doing so.

The Schumacher movies are still fantastic visually. Hell even the colors on the movie posters pop. It was such a treat going to the wb studio store when both movies were out, just for the way all the merchandise took over.

I find it hard to watch forever over 'and robin though. Jones' two face is way too annoying, and I find the movie just kind of dull. Not offensive or anything, just a little boring. But the designs and looks are still fun to enjoy.

The Schumacher movies are still fantastic visually. Hell even the colors on the movie posters pop. It was such a treat going to the wb studio store when both movies were out, just for the way all the merchandise took over.

I find it hard to watch forever over 'and robin though. Jones' two face is way too annoying, and I find the movie just kind of dull. Not offensive or anything, just a little boring. But the designs and looks are still fun to enjoy.

I have to agree. I find batman forever too campy to be taken seriously as a batman movie. Like you say it also doesn't hold much replay value unlike burtons batman. I remember thinking when it was released that i didn't like the direction in which they had gone. I mean i know Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were big stars at the time but i just found Carreys performance annoying as usual and played too over the top with Tommy Lee Jones being also poor in the movie. Kilmer was alright as batman i guess but for me the movie had gone too far away from the origins established in burtons movies and into the zone of campy fun and humour of the 60's series with added sex appeal. Its like they did to batman what abrams did with star trek to appeal to a mass audience. It worked but the movie is still poor.

I didn't like nolan's batman either and found the raspy voice of bale too over the top to take him seriously. For me burtons films always had the perfect blend of action, storytelling, setting and music. It just had the right feel of a batman film and had the perfect villians in nicholson and devito. Burtons films are where batman is at in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Nolan was on to something with Batman begins. It's my favorite but I think what happens is they give these directors a shot, while still holding them to certain guidelines of the characters.

So begins us the most like the comic but then is a success and they decide to let him do what he wants from there on.

Then you get ideas like a Gotham in rises that's virtually free of crime (should never be the case). It's a shame, cause the world of begins had details like arkham and the narrows, and could have easily been a universe the rest of the dcu existed in. But once Nolan was given total control, that went out the window.

But that's not to say I don't love the Nolan movies (voice issues aside, bale will always be the perfect Batman/Wayne to me), I truly do. But they're not the ideal Batman trilogy they could have been.

Back