Will Hot Toys ever attempt a Schumacher movie line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

YES and NO

image.jpeg

NO and NO

The Sonar suit looks great in the actual movie I thought. The only thing that sucked about it were the glove "blades".

Forever.jpg

It was cool seeing Bale and the other auditioning actors in a black version of it for the Begins screen tests.

tumblr_mtpb11A9la1ryrdruo1_1280.gif

I would love an Panther suit.. No Toy company to date has ever made that suit. In the Kenner days it was always the sonar suit.

Keaton will always be my Batman but physique wise and physical appearance , Kilmer was the best IMO

I would easily go in for this suit, I know why people hate on this period of Batman films and my favourite of the 4 series (which it has been argued by many are meant to be the same Batman) would be Returns but I would love a Batman figure from each director in my favourite look which would be Returns, Forever and Begins. Though for that to happen Hot Toys would not only have to release a Forever Panther suit but also a re-release of the Begins/TDK suit as I don't have that and I wouldn't be spending the current after sale prices especially as I have read that it has problems with the ankles as well as in other places.

Hell I would even consider buying Robin from this movie (although I have always preferred the Knightwing style B&R version) as well as the Batmobile; yes it was over the top with the neon lights but I have always liked it especially compared to the version in the sequel!

I would easily go in for this suit, I know why people hate on this period of Batman films and my favourite of the 4 series (which it has been argued by many are meant to be the same Batman) would be Returns but I would love a Batman figure from each director in my favourite look which would be Returns, Forever and Begins. Though for that to happen Hot Toys would not only have to release a Forever Panther suit but also a re-release of the Begins/TDK suit as I don't have that and I wouldn't be spending the current after sale prices especially as I have read that it has problems with the ankles as well as in other places.

Hell I would even consider buying Robin from this movie (although I have always preferred the Knightwing style B&R version) as well as the Batmobile; yes it was over the top with the neon lights but I have always liked it especially compared to the version in the sequel!

I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to Batman forever... I have the halmark Batmobile and Hot Wheels Forever Batmobile. Just a shame hot wheels didn't make it light up and ebay prices for it being lit up are crazy.

I liked the vehicles in Forever, the Batwing was much faster than the 89 batman and the bat boat kicked ass!

If there was one thing I would change on the panther suit was the hideous belt, looked like cheap jewelry

I liked the vehicles in Forever, the Batwing was much faster than the 89 batman and the bat boat kicked ass!

If there was one thing I would change on the panther suit was the hideous belt, looked like cheap jewelry

I didn't mind the belt. But yeah loved the vehicles in Forever...

The Sonar suit looks great in the actual movie I thought. The only thing that sucked about it were the glove "blades".

View attachment 228964

I think I prefer the other one, even with the nipples. At the time I didn't mind the nipples, it was only in retrospect that I thought they looked out of place, but at the time, it somehow made sense to me, maybe because all the action heroes I grew up watching in the 80's were muscular shirtless dudes, so Batman looking all muscular and anatomically correct wasn't a big deal, if anything it totally made sense :lol The sonar suit looks pretty cool, but I don't like the little fangs on the side of the mask.

I think I prefer the other one, even with the nipples. At the time I didn't mind the nipples, it was only in retrospect that I thought they looked out of place, but at the time, it somehow made sense to me, maybe because all the action heroes I grew up watching in the 80's were muscular shirtless dudes, so Batman looking all muscular and anatomically correct wasn't a big deal, if anything it totally made sense [emoji38] The sonar suit looks pretty cool, but I don't like the little fangs on the side of the mask.
I love both suits, but if I could only choose one from Hot Toys to make, it would be the Panther suit hands down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think I prefer the other one, even with the nipples. At the time I didn't mind the nipples, it was only in retrospect that I thought they looked out of place, but at the time, it somehow made sense to me, maybe because all the action heroes I grew up watching in the 80's were muscular shirtless dudes, so Batman looking all muscular and anatomically correct wasn't a big deal, if anything it totally made sense :lol The sonar suit looks pretty cool, but I don't like the little fangs on the side of the mask.

I prefer the regular one too, I'm just saying I didn't think the Sonar one was bad.

When I first heard about the nipples in interviews and stuff, I thought it was really weird. This was the first shot of Batman I ever saw and I couldn't believe it.

Batman Forever sneak peak.jpeg

Then I saw the movie and didn't even notice them, so I didn't care. I also remember thinking the idea of a black/silver belt was cool and made sense. If the Forever suit didn't have the nips and huge codpiece, it might have been the best Batsuit. Kinda strange that we never got a figure of it, but oh well.

It looks like the picture was cut with scissors and glued on the cover of the magazine. :lol I remember seeing him and thinking he looked alright with the suit on. I noticed the nips during the opening scene when he said something about eating fast food. Still, he kind of reminded me of Keaton, similar lower face and lips, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I never saw any pics before the film...not even a trailer, back then I was oblivious until the tv spots, maybe the occasional promo inside a comic book or a newspaper review. I do remember being more excited about seeing Two Face and Riddler. I hated Robin though.

The image is also flipped over so it doesn't help with the cut out look. I agree it is a great suit but was never a fan of the Kilmer lips and cross eye look.

I always thought after Keaton that Clooney looked the best behind the mask

I have all the movies..I was okay with the third movie and kilmer as batman but, the story was at best below average. Riddler was awesome..and would love a figure of him. hmmm the wife could get that one for me as a xmas gift. lol !!! As for cloonery..no way in heck that I would ever like his version of batman and the movie was complete garbage !!! As for Robyn..did not care for him with the exception of the 66 version.

Dude, they're JUST movies. COMIC-BOOK movies, at that... Schumacher is a really talented and cool dude. He comes off as really humble and well-intentioned in interviews and in the commentary tracks on those movies. And he directed ******ing FALLING DOWN. Give him some credit. So he made two crappy Batman movies. Big deal. I'd rather watch BOTH of his movies than sit through the Dark Knight Rises again.

I honestly wonder how much of this online outrage aimed at Schumacher is due to his homosexuality, too, to be honest... Even the Animated Series took a rather homophobic jab at him in the Legends of the Dark Knight episode. One of the series' most cringe-worthy moments, if you ask me.

Dude, it's just humor.

I don't like those movies, but they're not the worst thing I've watched.as for Schumacher, I couldn't care less about his sexual orientation. That's private and he can do what he wants, I just don't care.

I love Flatliners, but to me, the rest of his filmography is just disappointing. As for Batman, I've always envisioned the character as dark. Thus, I hate Schumacher's movies just as I hate Adam West's Batman. Even Burton's approach was disappointing for me when I first saw it in a theater. Fortunately, the movie has a lot of redeeming qualities that Schumacher's movies don't have. His Batman films look like the Christmas tree seen through an acid trip. Just not my Batman, and sex has nothing to do with it.

Oh wow, blast from the past DiFabio! I bought that issue of Disney adventures just for the Batman Forever info/pictures. I must have looked at it a thousand times. I didnt really pay much attention to the nipples after first glance. I just liked how sleek the suit was, and how much better he moved in it.

Yeah, I remember there were great photos of the Batmobile and Riddler in it. I thought it was cool that Riddler was in (what I assumed) was the Batcave. I think there might have been a Riddler covered one too that had awesome shots in it as well, after the movie. Can't remember.

When did people start calling Kilmer's Batman's costume a "panther suit"? I never heard that before this thread.

Schumacher said it from the start that was his ideal to make the Kilmer suit more " animalistic " like a real bat but since a bat is made of mostly wings, his designers thought of making a cross with a bigger animal because Schumacher envisioned his batman to move more sleek and stealthy were the armor flowed more naturally with the movements, so they came up with a panther like design.

If you YouTube the making of Forever or watch it on the DVDs or blu Ray. It explains

I wouldn't mind figures in multiple scales from all Batman movies. I think Robin and Batgirl would make great looking toys. Robin in B&R looked like Nightwing anyways so that would be cool. I'd love to get Hot Toys and NECA 7inch versions too.

I wouldn't mind figures in multiple scales from all Batman movies. I think Robin and Batgirl would make great looking toys. Robin in B&R looked like Nightwing anyways so that would be cool. I'd love to get Hot Toys and NECA 7inch versions too.

i WOULD LOVE an 1/4 Panther Suit Batman from NECA, but I doubt it...

Back