Wii Fit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results not typical and may vary. :lol

Alright, maybe if someone really worked their ass off on this balance board then maybe they would lose some weight. I bet they would also have to do more though, like eat better and really change their lifestyle as well.

I know this will probably offend some folks but I thought something funny and sad the other day. I constantly see overweight people that have lost the ability to do normal everyday activities, some activities as simple as walking. Why are we (people) so gluttonous? Why have some people eaten themselves handicapped? Recently I have been doing everything in my power to stay healthy and fit. I don't want to be another fat American. I think getting fit means making a choice. This game may be someone's first step towards a healthier lifestyle but I think when one is ready they should step out beyond this game and try other things as well.

I can see people losing some weight by using this I also can see somebody jogging in place and saying "Hey if I can do this inside why not go out and run around the block" I think this will be a starter for some people to want to lose weight.

I hope so. That would be really neat and intresting if Nintendo changed our culture a little bit with this game.

I think the Yoga part is a pretty cool concept. :D

Results not typical and may vary. :lol

Alright, maybe if someone really worked their ass off on this balance board then maybe they would lose some weight. I bet they would also have to do more though, like eat better and really change their lifestyle as well.

I know this will probably offend some folks but I thought something funny and sad the other day. I constantly see overweight people that have lost the ability to do normal everyday activities, some activities as simple as walking. Why are we (people) so gluttonous? Why have some people eaten themselves handicapped? Recently I have been doing everything in my power to stay healthy and fit. I don't want to be another fat American. I think getting fit means making a choice. This game may be someone's first step towards a healthier lifestyle but I think when one is ready they should step out beyond this game and try other things as well.

I think some people just don't care. I am overweight, but not even close to the point when I can't play a sport or do what I want. I never let myself get that way, but I think those that do generally have nothing else going for their life and just flat out don't care.

I think some people just don't care. I am overweight, but not even close to the point when I can't play a sport or do what I want. I never let myself get that way, but I think those that do generally have nothing else going for their life and just flat out don't care.

I think he was talking about the people that drive around in hoverounds because they are too fat to walk. :lol

I think he was talking about the people that drive around in hoverounds because they are too fat to walk. :lol

Yeah I know. And I mean that I'd NEVER let myself get like that. I jsut think peopel that do just don't care about anything anymore. They just eat themselves into a stuper.

Yeah I know. And I mean that I'd NEVER let myself get like that. I jsut think peopel that do just don't care about anything anymore. They just eat themselves into a stuper.

Personally I like the people that they have to take their whole houses apart to get them out of them. :lol

Personally I like the people that they have to take their whole houses apart to get them out of them. :lol

Yeah, that crap is nuts man. Some of those people were eating an ENTIRE loaf of bread ( French toast ) along with a full dozen eggs for breakfast. I mean WTF?????

Yeah, it's just sad to me when people can't do normal things anymore. It's heartbreaking because it kind of comes off to me as if they have lost the will to live. Granted, I bet there are some medical conditions in which people have no choice in the matter.

Either way, I would hope that people continue to care about themselves and take notice to what their bodies are telling them. There are just so many health problems related with obesity. I was slightly overweight, still am a little I suppose, but since I cut out soda and chips and started exercising I have lost my GERD. That is just a burning in your throat. It was strange to me when that happened because I didn't really feel like I was that overweight but unfortunately I was. I also didn't correlate GERD with being overweight but sure enough the two actually go hand and hand.

They need to give out Wiis and Wiifit at comic con:lol:lol

There were so many people there in the stupid carts because they are so fat they can't walk.

Wii fit is not the answer for getting into shape but its a step in the right direction. I remember when I was a kid I was outside all the time running around riding skateboards, riding bikes, etc.. You just don't see that anymore. I play video games some but I spent way more time outside. If they can get kids that don't get outside to play(or aren't allowed too, it happens a lot) at least of the couch and doing even some physical activity its a step in the right direction. Yeah diet is a huge factor but this is still better then the nothing they were doing before.

Whats funny is I have been Mtn biking a lot over the last month, and I have gained weight:lol

They need to give out Wiis and Wiifit at comic con:lol:lol

There were so many people there in the stupid carts because they are so fat they can't walk.

Wii fit is not the answer for getting into shape but its a step in the right direction. I remember when I was a kid I was outside all the time running around riding skateboards, riding bikes, etc.. You just don't see that anymore. I play video games some but I spent way more time outside. If they can get kids that don't get outside to play(or aren't allowed too, it happens a lot) at least of the couch and doing even some physical activity its a step in the right direction. Yeah diet is a huge factor but this is still better then the nothing they were doing before.

Whats funny is I have been Mtn biking a lot over the last month, and I have gained weight:lol

Probably gained weight in muscle.

Anyways, I agree. What is up with kids not going outside anymore. Even on Halloween you don't see many kids out anymore. I used to spend all day outside as a kid and now I rarely see a kid on a bike....not that I am complaining. :lol

Probably gained weight in muscle.

Anyways, I agree. What is up with kids not going outside anymore. Even on Halloween you don't see many kids out anymore. I used to spend all day outside as a kid and now I rarely see a kid on a bike....not that I am complaining. :lol

I used to be outside as a kid all the time too. I think Halloween is different though. Today you have to worry about all the nut cases out there. Hell, kids being outside may even be because parents are scared to let their kids run around and play because they fear some ass clown kidnapping them. I used to run around all over the neighborhood, in the woods building forts and all kids of ^^^^ as a kid. You can't leave kids unattended anymore like that.

I used to be outside as a kid all the time too. I think Halloween is different though. Today you have to worry about all the nut cases out there. Hell, kids being outside may even be because parents are scared to let their kids run around and play because they fear some ass clown kidnapping them. I used to run around all over the neighborhood, in the woods building forts and all kids of ^^^^ as a kid. You can't leave kids unattended anymore like that.

You are exactly right. I used to run around through the woods and walk the roads and train tracks around here when I was little. Nowadays I wouldn't let my son go to the mailbox without me or my wife their is just too many molesters and kidnappers out there anymore.

This is on my ever growing list of things I want.

While I don't think you will be able to lose any substantial amount of weight using this, it will certainly get some people up off thier ever growing butts.

I already go to the gym and use my treadmill for cardio and weight training, but I think the Wii fit will be great for stretching and yoga excersises.

I already do yoga and to be honest, as much as I like the way it makes me feel, it's snoresville to complete my hour.

Anything that makes something that otherwise seems like a chore into something fun, I'm all for it. :wacky

I used to be outside as a kid all the time too.

I can't even pay my kid to go outside....even to do stuff with me.
Doesn't help that him and my husband are attached at the hip to the xbox.

In fact, Nate would rather stay inside and watch Chris play games then come outside on a walk with me.

Also, he's 12 turning 13 this year and can't ride a bike. I've tried and tried and tried. He's such a puss about it!!!!!! He quits too easy and then I get all po'd and have to walk away. :banghead

I can't even pay my kid to go outside....even to do stuff with me.
Doesn't help that him and my husband are attached at the hip to the xbox.

In fact, Nate would rather stay inside and watch Chris play games then come outside on a walk with me.

Also, he's 12 turning 13 this year and can't ride a bike. I've tried and tried and tried. He's such a puss about it!!!!!! He quits too easy and then I get all po'd and have to walk away. :banghead

Wow, he can't ride a bike!? I can't even imagine what my childhood would have been like without my bike. I went through so many of them due to wear and tear. Being able to ride away from home and be with my friends also brought about some independence for me.

It's weird and very sad to me how parents have to fear for their kids these days. What really has changed? Maybe it's that information is more widely available and now parents are hearing so many horror stories about incidents that have always happened. The next generation is going to be a weird bunch I think...

Thats sad! Time for some tough love. If that was my kid he'd know to to ride by the end of this very day.
:mad:

Back