Why were Dooku's eyes not red?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty obvious it's something the Sith can control. Can't see how you can blame something like this on inconsistency.

he didnt partake of the herb...:peace

dooku was always very cool character..........i would imagine that the eyes were red when in anger or turmoil. he always came across to me as someone in control, very calculating but definitely in charge and knew the next move..............well, right up until he got his head cut off anyway.....:cool:

I bet when he killed Sifo Diyas, he found the red in his eyes. It had to be the act that turned him.

Lee either could not or would not wear contacts, I don't recall which. However, story wise, I don't think Dooku wanted others to see his rage. He was trying to be more refined and regal.

I'm certainly critical of Lucas, but honestly I think the Sith eyes come from totally giving in to the dark side. Maul and Palpatine were in it for power, Dooku and Anakin were USING the dark side for other ends.
Dooku is really an enigma that is never fully explained. On the one hand he was right. The Republic was corrupt and they blindly followed Palpatine because they BELIEVED what he he had to say in his pretty speeches. The real question is that if Dooku's offer to Obi Wan was sincere. Maybe he thought he could overthrow Sidious and achieve his goal of restoring the republic.
Or he could have just been happy being a pawn of the Sith Lord but that seems out of character.

Hey badmoon , dooku has no sith eyes becouse he do not have conjunctivitis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew:chew:chew

Contacts? C'mon people they coulda just CGI'd it if they wanted to. Personally i think it has to do with rage, like Maul was totally consumed with. Anakin, when he was on a killing spree on mustafar. And palps when he gets the lightning. Plus it just looks cool. And Lucas doesn't give a ^^^^ about such things as much as the fans. Would Maul have looked as cool without them??? Tyranus didn't have them because he was not fully enraged (and just a sidious pawn) or Lucas didn't give a ^^^^.

/thread

I also like the fact the eyes go that way when the Dark Side takes full control.
What would have been cool, that in Return of the Jedi, Luke's eyes begin to change as he attacks vader but they begin to fade as he looks at his hand.

This thread is awesome. Is there another movie franchise where people will ask a question and people will explain it with a "movie world" answer. Just seems funny to me how much people love and submerge themselves into the SW universe so much that they can answer in a way that makes sense instead of just giving a typical "Lucas screwed up" answer.

Sorry to get off topic a bit... back to the discussion

i thought the eyes can be turned on and off. didnt anakin have them when he was going on a killing spree? but he didn't have them in the duel with obi wan. did he? i cant remember. it's been awhile since i saw the film.

i thought the eyes can be turned on and off. didnt anakin have them when he was going on a killing spree? but he didn't have them in the duel with obi wan. did he? i cant remember. it's been awhile since i saw the film.

As far as I can remember, he only had them in the fight at the very end where he bites the dust hardcore.

Maybe through training you can control the eyes.
Dooku was a powerful Jedi for many years, he may have had the skills to suppress them.
Palpatine only had them after using full power of the Dark Side on Maul, he had nothing to hide from the Jedi any more so he chose not to suppress the eyes.
Maul had no need to suppress them and Anakin is young and in conflict with the Dark Side so he can't control it.

Also it could just be there to get an emotional response from the audience.
In Blade Runner replicants eyes had a red glow about them in some scenes, but that was put in for us, the viewer, because if they could be seen by other people in the movie Void Comp would be pointless

Maybe he used this...

02019e60.jpg

It's pretty obvious it's something the Sith can control. Can't see how you can blame something like this on inconsistency.

Uuuuhhh.... because theres no explaination given by the person who wrote the script? LOL - its fine to speculate, but thats all it will ever be - speculation. How is it obvious? I think its anything but obvious - a randomly happening event that is never officially addressed. I'd hardly call that obvious.

I think its great that SW fans will come up with a fitting answer, as they do with all things SW. Its what being a SW fan is all about. But as far as Lucas goes, its pretty apparent that he was making a lot of things up as he went, and didnt want to take the time to fill in the holes.

Uuuuhhh.... because theres no explaination given by the person who wrote the script? LOL - its fine to speculate, but thats all it will ever be - speculation. How is it obvious? I think its anything but obvious - a randomly happening event that is never officially addressed. I'd hardly call that obvious.

Why should something have to be explained in the scripted dialogue for it to be obvious, or a quote given by the maker to confirm things? First thing about script writing is it's not what the characters say, but what they do. I get that there are many continuity errors with the saga - but this isn't something like lightsaber hilts switching from frame to frame. It makes perfect obvious sense to why some Sith show the red eyes, at certain times and why they don't. Do we ever see Dooku in the teary eyed vulnerability where Anakin has the eyes? Or Dooku consumed by hatred and evil incarnate like Palpatine? Just because morality - good and evil are so clearly defined in this Saga why should the minor things be? Having shades of gray like this are what makes things so human, and interesting.

I don't mean to press my opinion on anyone, I'm just passionate about the way I interpret the movies. :eek:

i believed Dooku to be a "keeper" of the dark side... Anakin, Maul, and the Emperor all had red eyes when the dark side was "keeping" them.

Back