Why were Dooku's eyes not red?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why should something have to be explained in the scripted dialogue for it to be obvious, or a quote given by the maker to confirm things? First thing about script writing is it's not what the characters say, but what they do. I get that there are many continuity errors with the saga - but this isn't something like lightsaber hilts switching from frame to frame. It makes perfect obvious sense to why some Sith show the red eyes, at certain times and why they don't. Do we ever see Dooku in the teary eyed vulnerability where Anakin has the eyes? Or Dooku consumed by hatred and evil incarnate like Palpatine? Just because morality - good and evil are so clearly defined in this Saga why should the minor things be? Having shades of gray like this are what makes things so human, and interesting.

I don't mean to press my opinion on anyone, I'm just passionate about the way I interpret the movies. :eek:

No, thats fine. I consider it the same way myself. Like I said, its all part of being a Star Wars fan. We take the good, leave the bad, and fill in the rest to be someething great. Star Wars would be nothing without its fans. Ijust dont personally think Lucas himself knew what he was doing when it came to Sith eyes. Purposely left ambiguous? Maybe. Then he is leaving it up to us to decide what we think of it. I just dont find him that imaginative. But thats just my opinion.

Theres plenty of things in the SW universe that need elaboration to make sense. Thats why we're here. :)

No, thats fine. I consider it the same way myself. Like I said, its all part of being a Star Wars fan. We take the good, leave the bad, and fill in the rest to be someething great. Star Wars would be nothing without its fans. Ijust dont personally think Lucas himself knew what he was doing when it came to Sith eyes. Purposely left ambiguous? Maybe. Then he is leaving it up to us to decide what we think of it. I just dont find him that imaginative. But thats just my opinion.

Theres plenty of things in the SW universe that need elaboration to make sense. Thats why we're here. :)

I think alot of it has to do with the subtext set in the original trilogy. Terms such as Seduced or Consumed by the dark side leave one to think of a physical transformation (jekyl and hide type of thing). And as for the sith eyes I think George threw that in for the fans, because in the original trilogy, Lucas wasn't even sure if palpatine was human or an alien species( which is why he had the funky eyes).It was just something he deemed not important enough to address when he made the original trilogy. He never expected to make a back story at all and had to rack his brain to try and give the fans an original trilogy calliber, prequel trilogy. But alas, In my opinion , he fell short. Personally, I couldn't see Christopher Lee with the sith eyes, I don't think it would've suited him at all.

Last edited:
Back