Why the HOT TOYS don´t sell out anymore?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why the HOT TOYS don´t sell out anymore?

• HOT TOYS produce much more pieces than before.

Votes: 190 60.7%
  • The Collectors are less interested to this product.

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • BOTH of the above.

Votes: 113 36.1%

• Total voters
this years Milk magazine exclusive.

Hot toys don't sell out likethey used to becuase hot toys makes ALOT MORE figures per edition than they did before, they cost ALOT MORE, and the only ones that go up in value are the exclusives like Cowboy stark there. the ones that are ACTUALY super-limited.

You can still get them for close to or less than retail months after release in many ( but not all) cases these days.

I've actualy more or less dropped Hot toys as a whole. Too expensive for what they give you these days. ESPECIALY when i can get them later secondhand for cheaper off someone with buyers remorse.

Last edited:
Yep, have to go with price. When they were under or around $150.00 I'd buy figures I didn't really plan on or even multiples for custom work. Now at $250 + I only buy a few that are tailored to my main interests, Batman, Indy, horror. Honestly there aren't really any characters I can think of that I have to have anymore, everyone I set out to collect or customize has been done. Pretty much now is just occasional upgrades.

this years Milk magazine exclusive.

Hot toys don't sell out likethey used to becuase hot toys makes ALOT MORE figures per edition than they did before, they cost ALOT MORE, and the only ones that go up in value are the exclusives like Cowboy stark there. the ones that are ACTUALY super-limited.

You can still get them for close to or less than retail months after release in many ( but not all) cases these days.

I've actualy more or less dropped Hot toys as a whole. Too expensive for what they give you these days. ESPECIALY when i can get them later secondhand for cheaper off someone with buyers remorse.

:goodpost::clap

I doubt it's the over production of the figures, you can make 20,000 Batmen and they will still sell, the problem is the pricing. If they were a tad cheaper, I'm sure plenty of even non-collectors will bite the bullet.

Back when Hot Toys were making some of their top quality work for around $150, that was the sweet spot for many collectors. Now figures are going around almost 2x the price, I think it has caused many collectors to lose interest. Very nice collectibles, but not worth the prices they ask.

I'm fairly new to collecting HT, I have a few but the price is what keeps me from actually buying all that I want. I have to be selective.

I've seen Hot Toys figures on Ebay for upwards to $1,100.00!
I wanted a Wolverine from the X movies figure desperately,
but no way can I go that high!

I finally managed to find a homemade, cheaper but good
quality version for a reasonable price. The face is a bit darker
than the Hot Toys version, but I already have several 1:6
6 inch, and 4.5 inch figures with faces that are a bit dark,
or very light, and I'm not too picky in getting what I can
afford, so I'm okay with that.

But yeah- Hot Toys needs to lower their prices, though
I doubt they ever will.

Price and over production. HT bubble has burst. The aftermarket prices are beginning to fall. There going to keep getting lower and lower. Hold off if you plan on buying.

Back