Why So Many Selling Stuff That Just Came Out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the extras for trade, I am ordering and extra one each time. I dont plan to sell them unless I need the money for something else

So much for being a 'Collector.' I am sure not every, but few of them collectors have made a paradigm shift from 'having a hobby' and being 'passionate' about something to pure business. But, I do not think it'll stay that way forever. Impulse buying, etc. will come to an end, sooner or later. My hands are full, and I am in debt too, but I just can't get myself to sell something which I yearned for a long time; and that too immediately after buying it. :lecture

Well I see the nasty side of the business end when I go to ebay where products are artificially inflated or at least gouged and then parts and clothing I notice all being from HK, which prices are higher and I don't even know if they are legit. (All I need is a dang Barney Ross jacket as I screwed up the first one trying to get it on, but there's only a handful and most are from some HK seller with questionable feedback...)

i think this makes alot of sense . basically the thrill of the chase.

But there would be more thrill if they sold out more quickly (or at all). If everyone can have one, there's not much thrill in the chase.

Averone, must be nice. haha. So you always get an extra?

I have been on HT, a few statues here and there that I like.
Greatwall does the same thing, at least he used to. I loved seeing like 5 statues of the same IM in his collection! :lol
Sometimes it pays off to hold on to them, but most of the times I just help fellow collectors if I can.

About once a week I look at the For Sale section and it surprises me to see stuff just released already being sold. I understand job losses and medical expenses, but I doubt that is the reason for most. The Hot Toys Cap is fairly new and is already being sold. I am sure the 1989 Batman will be for sale on here soon. Do people just buy these to display one month and then sale?

It's just hot toys mostly, because a lot of people lost faith in that brand after their re-releases.

I have been on HT, a few statues here and there that I like.
Greatwall does the same thing, at least he used to. I loved seeing like 5 statues of the same IM in his collection! :lol
Sometimes it pays off to hold on to them, but most of the times I just help fellow collectors if I can.

Were you a lucky one and got multiples of the original Cap America PF, Hulk PF, Doom PF? :wink1:

But there would be more thrill if they sold out more quickly (or at all). If everyone can have one, there's not much thrill in the chase.

i guess the thrill is holding it ,looking at it ,smelling it, doing rude things to it ,then after you have a cigarette you sell it.

I just think people who are selling early like that may need the money fast, or the figures could of been impulse buys and they just decided it doesn't fit in their collection.

saving money for upcoming collectibles maybe? or i guess they realized that they would rather have some other collectible than the one they currently possess.

I just think people who are selling early like that may need the money fast, or the figures could of been impulse buys and they just decided it doesn't fit in their collection.

I just struck me odd seeing newly released figures on some lists, like they never really cared and basically (on sold out ones) kept other collectors who would have appreciated them from getting them. I lucked out on 1/6th SSC's Boba Fett. I was going out of town that day it was priority order and cell phone reception in and out and finally got in touch and got 1. It sold out pretty quick and I wonder how many got multiples (if that was a possibility for the EX...I can't remember if it was a 1 per person limit).

Might also be that the item didn't impress them as much as they thought it would. This happened to me with HT Cap. I wanted it ridiculously bad. I got it and tried to convince myself it was great. For some reason though, it's not (to me). I haven't sold it yet but don't see it lasting in my collection long.

Might also be that the item didn't impress them as much as they thought it would. This happened to me with HT Cap. I wanted it ridiculously bad. I got it and tried to convince myself it was great. For some reason though, it's not (to me). I haven't sold it yet but don't see it lasting in my collection long.

I have the Cap PF on order, hoping it looks as good as the WIP pics. I assume with the NRD on some, selling is the only way to get back money.

People will do anything if they can make a buck cause if they do it enough, they'll be gazillionaires. If they can raid the fountain pool for coins like if they can raid ebay, and raid long enough, they'll be rich.

kept other collectors who would have appreciated them from getting them.

To be fair that's no longer the case with everything from sideshow now being TBD. Flipper has little impact. The only way you miss out is not ordering the statue until sideshow assigns an edition size then get soldout.

What I find strange is the people selling unopened DVDs and CDs on this forum. Fishy to me.

Back