Why So Many Selling Stuff That Just Came Out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollectorNC

Super Freak
Reaction score
About once a week I look at the For Sale section and it surprises me to see stuff just released already being sold. I understand job losses and medical expenses, but I doubt that is the reason for most. The Hot Toys Cap is fairly new and is already being sold. I am sure the 1989 Batman will be for sale on here soon. Do people just buy these to display one month and then sale?

I think it's been found out that there are a handful of members here that have wholesale accounts and sell new figs to fund their hobby. I believe Sideshow has cracked down on this recently, but some folks have been grandfathered in.

About once a week I look at the For Sale section and it surprises me to see stuff just released already being sold. I understand job losses and medical expenses, but I doubt that is the reason for most. The Hot Toys Cap is fairly new and is already being sold. I am sure the 1989 Batman will be for sale on here soon. Do people just buy these to display one month and then sale?

I've been collecting Sideshow and Medicom for years now. New to Hot Toys (which is my favorite now).

It seems some people buy things when said things are hyped, and then when something better is announced they decide to sell and wait to pick up the new one. This is not a cheap hobby unless you're content with Hasbro and not all of us are doctors and software engineers.

Impulse buys? Buyer's regret? Suddenly realize they don't have the space, have too much stuff, the thrill is gone, don't have the money to spend?

It reminds me of the days when people did this with Sideshow statues. They bought everything in the hope that they'd be worth a lot of money then find out they aren't. Then they sell the figures immediately after launch to make close to their money back.

Probably people who can't afford what they buy. So they hold onto the pieces for a while then sell. And all those things Oneye listed too.

I think it's been found out that there are a handful of members here that have wholesale accounts and sell new figs to fund their hobby. I believe Sideshow has cracked down on this recently, but some folks have been grandfathered in.

Well that's a slap in the face to all genuine collectors...

I've been collecting Sideshow and Medicom for years now. New to Hot Toys (which is my favorite now).

It seems some people buy things when said things are hyped, and then when something better is announced they decide to sell and wait to pick up the new one. This is not a cheap hobby unless you're content with Hasbro and not all of us are doctors and software engineers.

It just blows my mind seeing HT's Cap America already and Jason PF. I wouldn't be as surprised seeing about 800 Rogue PF's. ;)

Its because these guys need to be the first kids on the block to get a figure and brag about it even if its something they don't want or like

Not really collecting is it, i can understand selling a few things in a case of they really need money but too many just sell for the hell of it, why buy in the first place if you don't plan on keeping it

Its because these guys need to be the first kids on the block to get a figure and brag about it even if its something they don't want or like

That makes sense as do most posts. It seems some have showcases of thousands of dollars of figures, which can't be easy with bills, family, etc. I know my wife would divorce me if I bought more than a couple a year. (I'm only a year into this hobby and already have the wife rolling her eyes.) But all the pieces I have (which aren't many compared to most of the people on here) I won't be parting with, unless I were to lose a job or have high medical bills. I'm selective in my purchases and every piece I can see staying with me for a long time.

Not really collecting is it, i can understand selling a few things in a case of they really need money but too many just sell for the hell of it, why buy in the first place if you don't plan on keeping it

Exactly my point...collecting or leasing. lol

I think that a lot of folks got caught up in the hype from last year, and bit off more than their credit cards could chew :lol. So, it's time for them to recoup the funds :panic:.

Back