Why no Scarecrow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_killing_joke

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Neither Hot Toys or Medicom have produced a Scarecrow figure despite the fact he appeared in both BB and TDK. Surely as a villain in both movies he deserves a figure release from one of them?

Is is a license/likeness thing with Cillian Murphy?

Doubt it on the likeness issue. Batman Begins wasn't the juggernaut of advertising and products past Batman films were, an intentional move by WB. They wanted to make a great film and let word of mouth sell it. By the time people realized how good it was, it was already out of theaters. Companies like HT, Medicom and Takara made 12" figures, but only of the sure fire hit, Batman. I was (and still am) pissed Scarecrow gets no love merchandising wise. Great mask and a great performance by Cillian Murphy. I doubt at this point in the game we'll see HT or Medicom do a Scarecrow. The hype has kind of died and unless he's featured in part 3, we will have to pay customizers to make ours. I do want a good Cillian Murphy head also, his likeness seems hard to capture.

I thought Cillian Murphy was really good in BB. It is odd how his face changed so much between films. Did anyone else notice that?

nothing against cillian murphy but I rather has Ras before scare crow. The real super villain in BB. Scare Crow was just the punching bag in both movies.

his face probably changed so much because it got burned in BB

Good point. I never thought about there NOT being a Hot Toys Scarecrow & they have done 3 ( three! ) Joker Figures already, if you count the new Police Officer version that hasn't come out yet.

They are busy making more Joker costumes that were on screen for 3 seconds.

They are busy making more Joker costumes that were on screen for 3 seconds.

:lol:lol

You can see with the customs out there of Ras, Scarecrow (elvis1976) and Gordon how good these figures could be. Kinda funny how things work out but with HT not making these figures all the private customizers are making money instead.

nothing against cillian murphy but I rather has Ras before scare crow. The real super villain in BB. Scare Crow was just the punching bag in both movies.

his face probably changed so much because it got burned in BB

:confused: what am i missing here? What changed about his face? And when did he get burned?

Am i being stupid?

im guessing they didnt make a scarecrow figure because it wouldnt sell very well. to me scarecrow is a punk in Begins and TDK. hes just a pawn in Begins and does nothing very significant. Ras is the true villain of Begins. and everyone who is whining about the "Gotham Police Joker" having only like 15 seconds of screen time in TDK. I'm pretty sure the Scarecrow had the same amount of screen time in a way less significant scene. just my two cents

what am i missing here? What changed about his face? And when did he get burned?

Am i being stupid?

by face being burnt he meant when he got tazer'd in the face in Begins, but that holds no relevance lol. i didnt notice his face had changed at all. It's Cillian Murphy he looks cracked out in all his roles

Cause HT did a figure similar to scarecrow (ganado from resident evil) and its not really selling well. I guess as a company, its only logical to do another joker figure, despite the '15 seconds' screen time.

Cause HT did a figure similar to scarecrow (ganado from resident evil) and its not really selling well. I guess as a company, its only logical to do another joker figure, despite the '15 seconds' screen time.

I doubt Dr. Salvador not selling has anything to do with the lack of appeal of a character with a bag over his head. That may have something to do with him being a minor adversary in a video game. The Scarecrow would surely sell being a major adversary in a major film.

I want a Scarecrow in my collection... I don't understand why Hot Toys don't make it!

elvis1976 mask is the best. Sovereign Studios made a good Cillian sculpt as well as a masked version. It would be great to be able to commission someone to make a better Cillian head. Sovereign's is good, but it's just missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back