1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

I would think Bodhi has no chance. Most boring character design. They should have hooked him up with some better gear at some point along the way. Maybe after the octopus molested him.

I agree but also think he is one of the most overlooked characters. I mean if he didn't get the message out then the gate wouldn't have been rammed.

The goggles are a cool look though !

Completely baffled we don't have Cassian. I mean, what kind of display is Jyn and K2SO? Cassian, Jyn and K2 were the three main characters. So weird that there is no sign of Cassian.

Hot Toys doesn't seem like they are scaling their company as demand and popularity of their products are rising. Or maybe they are growing and they just think it's a great idea to skip principle characters and release movie related characters years after the movie release. :dunno

While I agree that Bodhi has pretty much no chance of being made I do think his design is at least more interesting than the Agent Coulsons and Pepper Potts figures out there that actually did get released.

Last edited:

Truth. I didn't actually think his costume was boring, but even if someone does think so, I'd think that a headswap would get him adding a nice background character in a display stacking crates or something. I dunno. I'd like to HT to try him, though. Goggles, brown vest, big cable pack. Maybe a little burlap bag to throw over his head.

I agree but also think he is one of the most overlooked characters. I mean if he didn't get the message out then the gate wouldn't have been rammed.

The goggles are a cool look though !

I think at the end he was wearing a tactical vest. How was he an imperial pilot with long hair and a beard?

There's a custom Krennic sculpt interest thread in the Customs area of the forum, for those that are interested. Could lead to a custom outfit being done as well. At least you'll have an option for the Disney figure, at the very least.

Last edited:

Completely baffled we don't have Cassian. I mean, what kind of display is Jyn and K2SO? Cassian, Jyn and K2 were the three main characters. So weird that there is no sign of Cassian.

Hot Toys doesn't seem like they are scaling their company as demand and popularity of their products are rising. Or maybe they are growing and they just think it's a great idea to skip principle characters and release movie related characters years after the movie release. :dunno

Ive myself asked the same question about HT business scaling. However i guess they do have a lot going on so have probably expanded a bit but to cover everything to keep pace.

I guess they are also mindful of how many figures collectors can actually afford too ??

But who knows exactly. As i wrote at the start of this thread there are so many Rogue One pairs with only half made. Seems very strange.

I think at the end he was wearing a tactical vest. How was he an imperial pilot with long hair and a beard?

Yep his disheveled appearance definitely wasn't consistent with literally anyone else in the Empire, lol. The apologist in me handwaves it away but there's no denying that they took great liberties with his hygiene (and even race.)

Well, not really a part of the military task force. Cargo pilot, dress code was more lenient i guess

My understanding was that he'd been on the run - or in transit to the Rebellion - for some weeks.

And forgot to grab his Imperial-issue space-razor.:lol

Either that or perhaps the Empire inevitably embraced Millennials and so facial hair, longer hair, tatts and man-buns had to be added to the approved Imperial standards.:lecture

Well K2SO is out. So Rogue One isn't totally dead. Really hope this release timing fits with more RO announcements for the Asian Con.

Cassian anyone ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well K2SO is out. So Rogue One isn't totally dead. Really hope this release timing fits with more RO announcements for the Asian Con.

Cassian anyone ???

K2SO was arguably the most stand-out/memorable character in RO, a robot, and a pretty cool design at that. Not sure the K2SO sell-out is an indicator of how well a Cassian would sell.

What was cool about K2SO was his look seemed like a blend of the concept IG-88, EV-9D9's head and a snowtrooper's chest armor. And his character was a more sardonic/deadpan version of 3PO blended with HK-47's deadliness.

And... well, the designers of the" Iron Giant" robot should probably sue.:lol

latest

Review_EV9D9POTF2GFF_stillA.jpg

59d5108bd30b974483ec4be51658f77d--pepakura-armours.jpg

I think I'm done with Rogue One figures but he's tempting just to see how Hot Toys engineers a Star Wars robot. Might check it out if I see a good price. I'm sure the articulation is a blast to pose.

K2SO was arguably the most stand-out/memorable character in RO, a robot, and a pretty cool design at that. Not sure the K2SO sell-out is an indicator of how well a Cassian would sell.

Cool post !

Yeah my comment about Cassian is just wishful thinking :)

Hot Toys,
I would like to army-build Krennics.
Thank you.

These are not happening in the foreseeable future- even if one went up this Fall pushing towards late 2018 and all that time frame reserved for the stack of TLJ figures coming

Honestly, at this point, everyone just be hoping that Tarkin, Palpatine, Endor Leia and Luke, the Royal Guard and Anakin all go up for pre-order and soon. It won't be long before HT goes into overdrive with figures for Infinity War and The Last Jedi. There's going to be so much coming from those two movies alone, nevermind the 8 figures from Justice League.

Like spindrift said, Krennic and Cassian could happen, but they won't happen for quite a while.

There's no guarantee that Endor Leia and Luke will go up fir preorder any time soon. I mean theres no hurry for them. Especially with Jedi Luke up for pre-order and ESB Leia.

Anyone at Ani-com ? Ive seen some pics of the Emperor already. Guess they must be setting up now.

Any surprises ??

I am mad about Baze. Kinda got the other guy based on the thought that the two pair set was both set to release. This is = opposite of my sig

Back