1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

But like i think you said, the Rogue One release is currently a bit like R2 without 3PO.

Indeed. Without Cassian, can't recreate

jc5.jpg
jc4.jpg
jc3.jpg

Without Krennic, can't have this on your shelf

rogue-one-krennic-and-troopers.jpg
d1691b822625769222a3f96b6b72e2b5.jpg
krennic2-1.jpg

HT has always done a poor job of picking which licenses need the "completist" treatment.
And you can't judge by sales and preorder numbers because it's cause asnd effect in most instances. Almost every character for every marvel movie gets exhausting and repetitive. Totally unnesscary but they do it with just about every movie entry.
Meanwhile, Other examples like Rogue one need a complete line up to be impressive as a collection imo. I haven't bought a single RO figure simply because they haven't said a word about Krennic. He is pivotal for the license to sell for me.
Same thing with The Expendables... just Sly?? That's it?... The whole team done by HT would look incredible on a shelf! One or 2 just don't cut it.
Predator. If they ever revist this.... Dutch's whole team is needed to make for a impressive collection. HT has never considered this to make sense of their releases and enticing people to buy more than they pass.

Thor 3 and JL getting a pretty good dose of figures from likely crappy films that'll end with 6 Batflecks, 6 Thor's but no single versions for Cassian and Krennic.

Dumb toys dumb...

So your saying since RO was a crappy flick as well, it should be getting a full lineup?

Krennic would sell better than all three variations of the Death Trooper.

:goodpost:

I just finished the third season of Bloodline and hated it partly because of how little Ben Mendelsohn was in it - and yes, I know his character died in Season One.:lol

Where the **** is the HT Krennic figure? I'm kinda shocked SDCC is fading and no 1/6 Krennic. I really thought it would happen. I would put Krennic at the same level as Tarkin in terms of my 1/6 wants, and RO was partly responsible for putting Tarkin on that list. Krennic's outfit would look great on the shelf too, more so than Tarkin's.

Maybe Ani-Com. After that - ZERO chance for anything else from RO. The franchise and fans have moved on - the problem with a new SW film every 12 months.

Hey I liked rogue one, but I don't want to go down the slippery slope of these figures. Baze would be way down the list to get. Like, if I won the powerball, I would probably still pass on Baze.

Krennic is the primary villain of the film, has one of the best looking costumes of the saga, had his own unique squad of troopers, and was the driving force behind the creation of the death star. And the Death Star was the vehicle that moved the entire OT plot forward. Krennic should be made plain and simple. The other guys on this list are pretty low priority by comparison.

Krennic is the primary villain of the film, has one of the best looking costumes of the saga, had his own unique squad of troopers, and was the driving force behind the creation of the death star. And the Death Star was the vehicle that moved the entire OT plot forward. Krennic should be made plain and simple. The other guys on this list are pretty low priority by comparison.

Truth!

Mendelsohn, Mikkelsen, and Whitaker were three seasoned actors who elevated the material every moment they were on screen.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

His costume really is a huge standout in the Imperial line up. Great combo of OT elements. You'd think HT would have figured out that for every Krennic sold, they'd sell two Darth Troopers.

I can kinda see Cassian as a 1/6 fig (somewhat dull Battlestar Galactica outfit) but I feel he wouldn't be much of a seller in reality. Finn - as "supporting dude" - was a bit of a peg warmer across the board, though Cassian was a stronger character than Finn. Jyn really is fine as a standalone figure (maybe even more so than Rey.)

And Baze.... stripper name, and beyond the actor's starpower in Asia; a total mystery why HT bothered. Does Imwe really need a $220 sidekick on the shelf? To the casual non-fan Baze's like a character from Kick-Ass - a hobo who believes his shopvac gives him superpowers.:lol

His costume really is a huge standout in the Imperial line up. Great combo of OT elements. You'd think HT would have figured out that for every Krennic sold, they'd sell two Darth Troopers.

Yeah Krennic would be an expensive release for me because then I would also need three deathtroopers. It's strange that HT didn't/still don't seem to realize the endless amount of deathtroopers they could have sold had Krennic been ready to go around the same time as the troops. He is the only character that would get me to buy more RO. Else it is just Jyn, K2, and Vader for me.

I can kinda see Cassian as a 1/6 fig (somewhat dull Battlestar Galactica outfit) but I feel he wouldn't be much of a seller in reality. Finn - as "supporting dude" - was a bit of a peg warmer across the board, though Cassian was a stronger character than Finn. Jyn really is fine as a standalone figure (maybe even more so than Rey.)

And Baze.... stripper name, and beyond the actor's starpower in Asia; a total mystery why HT bothered. Does Imwe really need a $220 sidekick on the shelf? To the casual non-fan Baze's like a character from Kick-Ass - a hobo who believes his shopvac gives him superpowers.:lol

Goodpost Talibane.

Unless HT are thinking a later Krennic release can help mop up the last remaining deathtroopers still sitting on pegs. Which probably isn't that many actually. Everything else seems to have sold out (at least at Sideshow)

I agree the standard Cassian outfit is a bit bland but I'm hoping on the blue parker version with backpack etc would look really impressive on shelf !

Baze will also look pretty good on shelf with that huge gun. But i agree that is a pretty complex prototype to complete. I guess thats the asian factor playing in.

Generally HT must be more than just a small Hong Kong based company only going by Asian sales these days. Star Wars releases must be surely based on US and EU sentiment & sales.

HT has always done a poor job of picking which licenses need the "completist" treatment.
And you can't judge by sales and preorder numbers because it's cause asnd effect in most instances. Almost every character for every marvel movie gets exhausting and repetitive. Totally unnesscary but they do it with just about every movie entry.
Meanwhile, Other examples like Rogue one need a complete line up to be impressive as a collection imo. I haven't bought a single RO figure simply because they haven't said a word about Krennic. He is pivotal for the license to sell for me.
Same thing with The Expendables... just Sly?? That's it?... The whole team done by HT would look incredible on a shelf! One or 2 just don't cut it.
Predator. If they ever revist this.... Dutch's whole team is needed to make for a impressive collection. HT has never considered this to make sense of their releases and enticing people to buy more than they pass.

I don't know why HT don't do more market surveys on sites like this. There are plenty of easy web survey platforms to rank sentiment to a selection of characters from a film.

These forums are exactly their target audience.

Back