1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

I like that. He still has to die... but isn't that essentially what happened in the last minute of their relationship? It could have nee milked yes.

Basically yeah. I would've liked to see Baze have a quiet scene of reflection. Maybe after lashing out at someone. He starts to pray or do some sort of little ritual. Stuff like that.

When do we start the Why No Love for Wedge Antilles thread?

As soon as HT answer our pleas and PO Cassian, Krennic and Baze.

It worked for Tarkin.

I think hitting three at a time is greedy though.

No need for HT to release all three at once. PO one and see how sales go :)

HT's is too busy making their 1000th Iron Man figure to worry with Baze and the others. Baze might be another Keaton Batman Returns and be up for PO in a few years.

Pipe dream I know but it'd be so great to see HT Krennic, Cassian, and Saw before they ended the line. I'd even pay for an overpriced subpar SSC figure of any of them. I'd much rather have SSC fill in RO gaps instead of doing EU figures like Mythos Obi-Wan.

People laugh at him but Saw would probably look really cool as a figure.

Now way we're getting HT Saw. Or Cassian.

Krennic is possible since we've seen that HT is still doing old white guys (Tarkin). Plus they have the suit now.

Now way we're getting HT Saw. Or Cassian.

lalala can't hear you.jpg

I'd say the only chance of Cassian or Saw would be if they somehow became playable Battlefront characters. They seem to take a lot of cues from that game.

RO is ancient history in the new Disney-verse.

Now its all TLJ and the Han Solo movie, which have about a year of life before Ep. 9 and the Kenobi movie take over.

The franchise, like cellphones, has become totally disposable.

I think the biggest problem is that every year now there's a new Star Wars film, and so with each new film Hot Toys only has so long, and so many release slots to focus on for characters from the latest film before there's another new film, more new characters, and they have to once again strike while the iron is hot.

The original trilogy is an evergreen, so they keep peppering releases out from that, but each new film is an unknown quantity, with little idea how the audience will react, and which characters they'll take to, and which ones they won't. So they make their best guesses, and everything else falls by the wayside for who knows how long because, oh look, here comes yet another new Star Wars film, and they have to make figures from that now. And on and on it goes. And while the Star Wars films are continuing on such a breakneck speed, I can't see the situation changing much any time soon.

I think if the fans are really calling out for particular missed characters then they might still happen eventually, but maybe not until the core original trilogy characters and hero looks have started to thin out a bit, freeing up a few extra release slots a year. But much like Anakin, we might still get the odd surprise along the way if we're lucky.

Such is the curse of a large, ongoing, and character dense franchise, I guess.

RO is ancient history in the new Disney-verse.

Now its all TLJ and the Han Solo movie, which have about a year of life before Ep. 9 and the Kenobi movie take over.

The franchise, like cellphones, has become totally disposable.

But as we've already seen HT has proven that they'll delve into "ancient history" from time to time. Cassian with Han Solo parka and sniper rifle would make for a great figure. Hopefully he'll be one of their "out of the blue" releases at some future con.

But as we've already seen HT has proven that they'll delve into "ancient history" from time to time. Cassian with Han Solo parka and sniper rifle would make for a great figure. Hopefully he'll be one of their "out of the blue" releases at some future con.

May the Gods of 1/6 scale hear you.

Our luck with the Star Wars universe is that it is one of continuity. No reboots, just one big universe and a single timeline. We are now getting figures from movies 40 years old. I can see current releases in the franchise not reaching OT's timeless status. However, PT, ST and standalones can benefit from the trilogy that started it all and offer us a few surprises in the coming years getting forgotten characters on the market even years after source material has been released.

As a worst case scenario i could handle them releasing RO characters sporadically over a longer timeline. Just so long as they do them.

Saw by the way would look pretty epic on the shelf. But it would be an expensive and complex figure to develop.

As a worst case scenario i could handle them releasing RO characters sporadically over a longer timeline. Just so long as they do them.

Saw by the way would look pretty epic on the shelf. But it would be an expensive and complex figure to develop.

Saw would be one of my most wanted figures PERIOD...that would be some amazing shelf presence!

Saw would be one of my most wanted figures PERIOD...that would be some amazing shelf presence!

Yeah even though it's to safe to say that they're mostly done with RO they could go surprisingly deep if they wanted to. Saw, Two Tubes, Admiral Raddus, Pao, Benthic, and that big white furry dude to name a few.

Yeah even though it's to safe to say that they're mostly done with RO they could go surprisingly deep if they wanted to. Saw, Two Tubes, Admiral Raddus, Pao, Benthic, and that big white furry dude to name a few.

I would also get all of the characters mentioned above. Moroff is the white walking carpet.

This thing of one Star Wars film per year is a viscous circle.

I love my yearly Star Wars movie fix but I don't want companies like HT skimping on just a couple of figures per film.

I want to have my cake and eat it dammit !!!

Saw would be sawesome

Like anything, life works best in moderation.

Star Wars will get sickening in time.

Blasphemy !!!. :)

No seriously, I understand what you mean. HT walks the tightrope of not too many figures and not enough. All collectors also don't have unlimited funds etc etc.

But like i think you said, the Rogue One release is currently a bit like R2 without 3PO.

We'll get them as soon as we get the rest of the Watchmen.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back