WHY isn't there more 1/6 scale females?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'd love to see HT take on the human part of this line, including the females, it took them almost 2 years to get Luke to market and no other characters have even been shown. I think if Sideshow focused on getting the head scale and likenesses down for the females they would have no problem coming up with great looking 1:6 figures. The current females in the line are several years old and the quality of this line and the sculpts have improved significantly since then.
Once SS has a series of good looking female bodies available (if they haven't already for the new Baroness and upcoming 12" DC characters) my guess is we'll see a number of SW female characters start showing up. I hope that they come up with a low-seam or seamless female body for characters like Slave Leia and Darth Talon who show a lot of skin, even if it meant somewhat limiting articulation--which I'm sure wouldn't go over well with everyone, but you can never please all of the people. Conversely, there are seamless bodies out there from Pficen and Hot Stuff, so even if Sideshow just stuck with their exposed joint bodies there would still be options for swapping.
As for hair, rooted tends to say "Barbie" and sculpted tends to say "action figure". Although HT seems to be staying with the rooted hair approach for figures like Black Widow and Catwoman. But Sideshow's sculpted hair Baroness is looking fantastic, and I doubt SS would want to try to take on intricate buns, braiding and styles seen in the movies when sculpted tresses would get the job done.

Most rubber bodies do look horribel. tehy tned to lok verry noodeily, because tehy dont gots muscels unedr thier skeen.

persoanly im hooping that ef we see expoesd skeen femlaes in teh lien, sideshow jsut geos wtih standerd bodieys, adn let rubbre bodei people buy em eef they wants them.

god typing like that on purpose is hard.

Most rubber bodies do look horribel. tehy tned to lok verry noodeily, because tehy dont gots muscels unedr thier skeen.

persoanly im hooping that ef we see expoesd skeen femlaes in teh lien, sideshow jsut geos wtih standerd bodieys, adn let rubbre bodei people buy em eef they wants them.

god typing like that on purpose is hard.
I actually found that quite easy to read. :D :lol

Those 'Phicen' things look hideous. I've trudged through multiple threads with customs on those bodies, & they just never look any good to me. It's the same with those 'Hot Stuff' bodies. They just look awful, & yet some folks are doing cartwheels over them. :monkey1

I'm hoping since they have the new female body they will do some new versions of Leia (Hoth, Bespin) and Padme. I would also welcome a new Aayla Secura but since she's not too old they probably wont redo her.

I'd like to see Aurra Sing, modern Ventress, Talzin and any version of Princess Leia.

No one has mastered the true art of making a 1/6 scale female figures! I've seen them all and they look like glorified Barbie dolls! There has been an improvement but they aren't there yet.

Last edited:
No one has mastered the true art of making a 1/6 scale female figures! I've seen them all and they look like glorified Barbie dolls! There has been an improvement but they aren't there yet.

You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly why we don't see any 1/6 females.

Back