Why does SS use Fedex ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is like saying all Taco Bell employees lick the taco shells. Most of the delivery drivers for UPS, Fedex and USPS are very professional, there are some bad ones but they are in the minority.

all shipping companies abuse packages, not all the individual drivers. it's a crap shoot when you ship anything. i thought that was implied. :dunno

btw, i haven't eaten in taco bell since that guy liked the shells. i guess the expression 'any press is good press' is untrue.

I mostly use UPS. Never had a problem with them except one of my items boxes came super kicked and damaged on the shipping box. The item came in good shape but it really just surprised me but it does happen. FedEx is great also but don't use often at all but both UPS and FedEx are good just depends on the person driving and delivering. USPS is good in some senses but not the best but usually if I buy off of eBay or Amazon etc they ship that way but my things come in great shape. Couple times nothing was coming in because of my one driver who wouldn't get out of the truck to deliver it. She was a replacement til my usually good driver came back from surgery so was a pain. All depends.

Fedex are good, at least in the UK they are. They do not hold goods until you pay customs and taxes, rather they send an invoice afterwards, which is much better than the competition like Parcelfarce.

My stuff usually comes UPS, but the Hulk Maquette and Colson were shipped FedEx Never had any problems with those services(fingers crossed)

Because they are great. You do not want to use UPS or USPS Lipsmack. The UPS brokerage fees are a complete ripoff. They charge 3 different brokerage rates to international buyers which does not even include your provincial taxes. FedEx has a standard $10 vat fee. The fee are waived if you have an account with FedEx.

UPS brokerage rate is not fixed. It is based off how much your item is worth. The higher it is, the more you pay. I had a $200 poster purchased and UPS tried to charge me $68 in brokerage fee. This didn't even include my provincial taxes.

I felt they held me for ransom. I had no choice but to pay it. They rejected my claim after I felt I was being ripped off. I immediately filed a dispute with BBB and they came to there senses and refunded back 50% of the brokerage fee that I had paid.

To all Canadian Buyers who uses courier services. If its international shipping, do not use UPS!

Expect to pay more in shipping through USPS and you will get your package within 2 weeks or so, whereas FedEx is 2 business days.

Thank god SSC uses FedEx. You can not beat the shipping rate on what is being charged. Expect more if its through UPS or USPS.

On another note Lipsmack, you are based in Calgary. You only have to pay 5% tax. Sign up with FedEx and that's all you will be paying.

:exactly: :goodpost: What he said.

:exactly: Plain and simple! :lecture Shipping from Sideshow to London takes no longer than 3 working days! Thats super fast!!!

Agreed, anything that avoids the joke of a system that is Royal Mail/Parcel force is a win in my books. Fedex is quick and actually delivers the goods rather than pretends to and leaves a 'you weren't home' card then gives you the runaround as you try and track your stuff down. They really are the scum of the Earth.

Last edited:
Agreed, anything that avoids the joke of a system that is Royal Mail/Parcel force is a win in my books. Fedex is quick and actually delivers the goods rather than pretends to and leaves a 'you weren't home' card.

In regards to Royal Mail, as long as its Special Delivery then i dont have a problem...Parcelforce are an absolute joke! Fedex are without doubt one of the best courier services that i experienced. Take my 1/6 Batmobile replacement for instance. Just recieved an email from them to notify me it was shipped yesterday. I've got an estimated date of arrival as Friday this week! Thats just astonishing! :thud:

In regards to Royal Mail, as long as its Special Delivery then i dont have a problem...Parcelforce are an absolute joke! Fedex are without doubt one of the best courier services that i experienced. Take my 1/6 Batmobile replacement for instance. Just recieved an email from them to notify me it was shipped yesterday. I've got an estimated date of arrival as Friday this week! Thats just astonishing! :thud:

Hmm, well I just had a really bad experience on special delivery, waited all day for a parcel to arrive, of course the lazy delivery guy doesn't show up as he is supposed to and then, get this, doesn't leave a card even, though of course they say they attempted delivery online. So I go to the post office collection point and they say they can't give me the package because I don't have a card, well I don't have a card because the lazy delivery guy couldn't be bothered doing his job or even leaving a card. I mean I went to the collection point with a passport and 2 forms of proof of address and surly employee behind the counter wouldn't give the parcel, despite like having it in his hands, unbelievable! Now I gotta wait for re-delivery, costing me another day of waiting around hoping they can be bothered to actually turn up this time or leave a card, in which case it's back to the collection point again. They really are scum.

At least Fedex actually rock up.

Hmm, well I just had a really bad expeirence on special delivery, waited all day for a parcel to arrive, of course the lazy delivery guy doesn't show up as he is supposed to and then, get this, doesn't leave a card even, though of course they say they attempted delivery online. So I go to the post office collection point and they say they can't give me the package because I don't have a card, well I don't have a card because the lazy delivery guy couldn't be bothered doing his job or even leaving card. I mean I went to the collection point with a passport and 2 forms of proof of address and surly employee behind the counter wouldn't give the parcel, despite like having it in his hands, unbelievable! Now I gotta wait for re-delivery, costing me another day of waiting around hoping they can be bothered to actually turn up this time or leave card, in which case it's back to the collection point again. They really are scum.

At least Fedex actually rock up.

Sorry to hear that Lex, there are two forms of Special Delivery. The first is a before 9am service which costs a fortune and then there is the before 1pm service which is more the common of the two. Usually when no one is in the postman HAS to leave a card to prove he/she attempted delivery and the card will request you to go and collect at your nearest depo (usually within 2 hours of the time he attempted to deliver). Very strange that your postman never left a card as this is compulsory :dunno Still, no system is perfect and im sure some guys on here have had bad experiences with Fedex...hope you get your situation sorted pal :hi5:

Yeah unfortunately it just happens all the time with me, the local Royal Mail collection point never actually delivers the item, they just throw the 'you weren't home' card in the mail and expect you to hike out to the collection depot and pick it up (heaven forbid they'd have to deliver it themselves), it's institutionalized fraud IMO because I've caught them at it red handed slipping the note when I'm at home. I'm going to complain though this time as it's a real runaround that's wasting a lot of my time and their attitude really stinks, they are unapologetic and flat out rude when questioned about it, course you can't even go off at them cos they will probably kick your parcel around out the pack as payback. You really need the patience of a saint.

I guess people's mileage will vary depending on their local posties, think I just have the bad luck of being stuck with some bad eggs.

So Fedex by comparison are a dream.

Yeah unfortunately it just happens all the time with me, the local Royal Mail collection point never actually delivers the item, they just throw the 'you weren't home' card in the mail and expect you to hike out to the collection depot and pick it up (heaven forbid they'd have to deliver it themselves), it's institutionalized fraud IMO because I've caught them at it red handed slipping the note when I'm at home. I'm going to complain though this time as it's a real runaround that's wasting a lot of my time and their attitude really stinks, they are unapologetic and flat out rude when questioned about it, course you can't even go off at them cos they will probably kick your parcel around out the pack as payback. You really need the patience of a saint.

I guess people's mileage will vary depending on their local posties, think I just have the bad luck of being stuck with some bad eggs.

So Fedex by comparison are a dream.

Whereabts in the UK are you from Lex? I know some areas are terrible when it comes to post going missing or postman deliberately seiving through peoples post! Your right! It is a disgrace! Here in London its actually not too bad....touch wood!

Well funnily enough I'm in London, though I suspect it varies from area to area, some areas are just traditionally extremely unreliable, I think it's outrageous it's allowed to continue but beyond complaining not a great deal one can do, expect try and use Fedex or DHL where possible.

Well funnily enough I'm in London, though I suspect it varies from area to area, some areas are just traditionally extremely unreliable, I think it's outrageous it's allowed to continue but beyond complaining not a great deal one can do, expect try and use Fedex or DHL where possible.

DOH! :slap just goes to show...:lol whereabouts in London Mate? I'm north London! I dont suppose you have a display thread up yet have you?

Last edited:
Lol, I'm south-west so I think you are in the clear!

Yeah definitely need to get a thread up methinks.

In the US I only get FedEx from them with the big stuff.

If you haven't been screwed by all 3 (4 if you count DHL) you don't buy or sell enough stuff lol.

I actually like USPS for the idea that maybe something really expensive and fragile will not get crushed by a bigger box in their system since they seem to have smaller size limits.

Of course you have to pack everything like it's going to be kicked around though no matter who you send it with.

Back